ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:27 pm

mmmm Hendricks Gin 
Fresh Meat

Post Re: mmmm Hendricks Gin
Nothing fancy here
Hendricks on the rocks.
Perfect for a hot summer eve.

http://happiness-bastard.blogspot.com/

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

School semester is over!!!!! Time for the Hendricks, I don't care if it's 1:30pm!!!!

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Mini Boss

Lixx wrote:
School semester is over!!!!! Time for the Hendricks, I don't care if it's 1:30pm!!!!

As they say, it's 5:00 somewhere! Have one for me

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

I normally stick to tequila but I'm tempted to try this!

WANTS

TRADES

Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm
Vintage

I picked up a bottle of this a few months back. Brewed at the Bruichladdich scotch distillery, slow distilled using 22 botanicals and two types of Juniper. Very enjoyable, a great blend of complex and subtle flavours. I'd recommend it to Hendricks' fans.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 pm
Super Deformed

ultrakaiju wrote:
Brewed at the Bruichladdich scotch distillery...[/imgwidth]

You mean distilled at the distillery. :wink:
Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for it! I didn't make it to any of the Islay distilleries when I was over there, just the Highlands. I'd like to go back and hit the western coast.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 pm
Post Pimp

atom gray wrote:
new amsterdam is our official house gin. incredibly complex and tasty for the price point...

Yeah, I'm really shocked about this brand. For the price, its outstanding.
Blends oh so well with 7-up.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

I Am The Fourth wrote:
atom gray wrote:
new amsterdam is our official house gin. incredibly complex and tasty for the price point...

Yeah, I'm really shocked about this brand. For the price, its outstanding.
Blends oh so well with 7-up.

terribly underrated, ain't it? it almost has a whiff of chocolate going on with the first few sips...and none of the overwhelming pine-sol action you'd expect from an affordable gin.

normally we do tonic, or club soda and fruit juice with it here in the sweatshop. glad you found it...!

*clink*

"I MAKE friends...they're toys. My friends are toys, I make them. It's a hobby...I'm a genetic designer."

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

In the vein of general spirits, I just read that they have taken to watering down Maker's Mark to meet increased consumer demand for it. Now, I don't drink much bourbon, coming from the land of rye, and MM only rarely, and admittedly I never went to marketing school, but how does this make sense exactly? If you really are trying to put out a quality product, which is just my assumption of course, why would your solution to limited production be, "we will just put more out there of a lesser product, that'll sure make everyone happy." :?

Now, I am not saying the change in proof will affect its taste or enjoyment, and maybe their customer base doesn't care, but if you have a signature product it seems you shouldn't tamper with it. Increase your production in the meantime, and people will just have to deal with the 'shortage' if any; or raise the price if absolutely necessary - isn't that what paying the same for less alcohol content amounts to anyways?

Stupid rant, since I don't care either way really, but I would be none too pleased if this were one of my favourite beverages being messed with.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:41 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

^^^ That's why you should just say no to anything besides Hendricks Gin :lol:

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

I like my Hendrick's with tonic, a sprig of mint and a slice of cucumber. 8)

wants: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36685

Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Well school is out after my hell day of exams tomorrow (2 exams- Biology & Physics and a Bio practical all in a span of 5 hours). I figure no one around me will give me so much as a pat on the back for making it through a year of college- so I decided to pat myself on the back with the largest (1.75 L) bottle of Hendricks I could find (and well it is summer again!). As I try to rack my brain today with every Physics concept I learned this semester along with DNA transcription & translation, this bottle keeps staring back at me. Regardless of tomorrow's outcome (pass or fail) it will definitely be waiting for me when I arrive home. School is such a paradox to me......it will drive you to drink but if you want keep your shit wired and pass you can't drink!

School is driving me to drink by Beautification Syndrome, on Flickr

Sun May 19, 2013 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

Gene transcription I feel for ya man. That Hendricks is gonna be so good in a day. I know it is only virtual, but you definitely have earned a good pat on the back and tip of the hat from me, sir. All the best in the exams, and congrats on finishing the courses.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sun May 19, 2013 10:28 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Thanks man! Normally I don't really feel sorry for myself, and when I begin too I usually say: "Man the fuck up!", but I severely underestimated Biology this semester. If there was even a hint of it being on a micro cellular level in the course description (not) I would have run the other way. Here I went into thinking we'd be talking about genetics and maybe orders, species etc etc. Nope not at all really, and I guess that's more Zoology (which isn't even offered on this campus). I thought Physics would be the hard course since I've never done them in my life, but now it's a battle of attrition to make sure I get those almighty transferrable "C" in both. Ironically I'm carrying A averages in the labs for both, so I think it's the damn professors putting too much weight on the few tests they make as hard as possible- usually with shit we never even covered.

Sun May 19, 2013 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

ultrakaiju wrote:
Gene transcription I feel for ya man. That Hendricks is gonna be so good in a day. I know it is only virtual, but you definitely have earned a good pat on the back and tip of the hat from me, sir. All the best in the exams, and congrats on finishing the courses.

Thanks again.... Transcription & Translation -yeah at least it's not as hard as his last mind fuck which was Metabolism & Cellular Respiration. I managed a 60 on that test. T & T I just cannot get all the damn sequences down. All these fucking enzymes and what their fucking role is. Seems to me the body makes it complicated on itself. I can visualize it but the words escape me. Fortunately he give 40 multiple choice questions but even if you get 100% on those you still fail. He then has a word fill in (I always do well on also), usually draw out some sequence, and finally essay questions which I do horribly on (and he counts those the most- the prick!). I never regurgitate exactly what he wants and takes off points for mis-spelled words etc...

Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

Polished off that bottle yet Lixx? :)

I feel sorry for folks in Jersey. I mean sure, some degree of this is going to be expected, especially at dives, but chain restaurants? :| One of the major reasons I would never order 'premium' stuff if I go out somewhere, even if I could afford it. Stick to beer, even if it is the worst crap (and believe me, I have drank some bad brew), you know what you are getting [low expectations] and aren't wasting so much money.

29 New Jersey restaurants caught selling rubbing alcohol

"Operation Swill" :lol: , got to hand it to those Jersey cops!

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri May 24, 2013 9:54 am
Side Dealer

This is my latest addiction.

In a tumbler with ice or scotch rocks
2 shots of Hendrick's
Dry Soda Company's Dry Lavender Soda
1 sprig of fresh mint
1 curl of cucumber peel

It might sound a bit froofy but seriously give it a whirl. The dry lavender soda supports the Hendrick's much better than tonic and the mint and cucumber really bring out the botanicals in the gin. I'm not sure if I will ever drink anything else at this point.

Fri May 24, 2013 10:55 am
Vintage

Sounds quite good to me, though getting good soda (or tonic) seems to be a problem. Strange how people use garbage 'mix' when it adds up to such a volume of the drink.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri May 24, 2013 10:57 am
Mr. Grumpy™

Nay, been doing the slow burn with it. About 5 drinks into it. All I'm waiting on is my Bio grade which has to be in by 5pm today. So far 4 A's and 2 B's. Can't believe I managed a B in Physics. My lab grade brought me up for sure. Rocking the 3.5 as of now but I'm very unsure of Biology. At best a B at worst hopefully a C, so that will be going down.

As far as the article it's very true in many places in the US. In fact when I first came to Buffalo and worked as a waiter, the boss had me go in the cellar and swap out cheap vodka into a premium bottle. I was like WTF? Made sure to tell my friends to just drink beer. BS.

Daimyo that drink sounds wonderful! Have to look for that soda or something similar.

Fri May 24, 2013 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Yeah, I found the soda in the health food section of the grocery store. I always chuckle when I see people buying piss water margarita mix and some overpriced bottle of tequila. Fuck, if your spending $40-50 on your bottle of spirits, pony up and make some quality mixers.

Fri May 24, 2013 11:02 am
Super Deformed

Daimyo wrote:
Dry Lavender Soda

I don't drink soda, but Dry makes some very good ones - my favorite is the rhubarb.

Fri May 24, 2013 11:02 am
Vintage

Forgive my Canadianisms for a moment, but fuckin' eh! (haha, sorry for the terrible pun :oops: ) Seriously Lixx, that is amazing, congratulations on the spectacular grades. :) Whether you pull out the B or C in Bio, that is an impressive transcript.

I'll probably have to hunt down at some import stores to stock up on ingredients for the summer, but haven't come across high end sodas that I can specifically recall.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri May 24, 2013 11:07 am
Post Pimp

You guys made me go get a bottle of Hendricks, two six packs of Tonic (Fever Tree and Canada Dry), cucumbers, and lime. Will report back after the weekend.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 pm
Vintage

^^
It's really good Henry. Enjoy.

MOCKBATPOCALYPSE BATS/THRASHOUT

Fri May 24, 2013 5:51 pm
Post Pimp

fever tree is always good for tonic and ginger ale. much better than the store brand shit.

i drink fever tree tonic and hendricks all the time, have yet to add the cucumber garnish though. am i missing out?

WANTS

TRADES

Fri May 24, 2013 9:05 pm