ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Introductions 
Fresh Meat

Post Re: Introductions
Hello everyone, my name is Ed. I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, I'm the co-founder and an editor at thehardtimes.net. I've played in a couple hardcore bands (Zero Progress, PURE). I've been a collector of numerous different things for as long as I can remember, first it was Ninja Turtle Toys, then Power Rangers, 3 3/4" Gi Joes, Pokemon cards, wresting figures, wrestling tapes and DVDs, Records, and over the past few years Sneakers.

I'm also a life long fan of Godzilla, my Grandpa loved the big guy and I have fond memories of watching old Kaiju movies with him as a kid. I'm very new to the sofubi scene, but the designs remind me of they toys I loved playing with as a kid and I can see it easily becoming my new obsession. So far I've been especially impressed with, Gargamel (Zag is my boy), MVH, and Paul Kaiju.

It's a pleasure to be Fresh Meat and a poser in your community. I look forward to learning.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Nice to meet ya, Ed. I played drums in a hardcore band for years in Vegas (just played Punk Rock Reunion after 13yrs!) ...Anyway, I've been digging the Hard Times. That Punk Mom embarrassed to drop off Juggalo Son one was esp. hilarious.
Cheers to you

::
Fred

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 am
Post Pimp

:lol: Welcome to the board. Most of us are posers here, but we never talk about it.
live_x_forever wrote:
It's a pleasure to be Fresh Meat and a poser in your community

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:43 pm
S7 Royalty

Greetings Ed love The site man! Being straight edge you have made me chuckle on countless occasions. Need anything drop me a PM.

eckotyper wrote:
$30 overdraft is better than flipper prices!

Twitter: Toysaresanity
Wants:http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38807

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Thanks for the props guys! Glad to hear you dig the site Fred and Coma.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:27 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Hey,

My names KEEPSAD, I'm a creative living & working in the UK I've been lurking as a guest on here for a few years now and decided it was time to get involved ! Between working I run a online gallery space / Collective and also produce an array of artwork within different media's feel free to check out the links in my signature to see what it's all about ! :mrgreen:

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm
Fresh Meat

Hi, im jeff, new to the board. I have been trying to build my vinyl collection for about 2 years and decided to come here and meet some like minded people. I mainly collect MVH, splurrt,Alavaka, motulous, Skinner, but i do have alot of other stuff as well. Intersted really in Anything that strikes my interest. I used to be a completist in my past toy collecting hobbies, but with this one i find I am happy just collecting what i am able to aquire. Its a Nice change. Currently Hoping to find a BGT in my travels. And someday will own at least one NAG.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:47 pm
Fresh Meat

Wassup! My name is Nhat and I've been collecting for a few years. I'm a web developer, guitarist and most importantly an avid toy collector. I'm learning to paint and do custom pieces so I thought I try this place out to see if I can get any advice. Look forward to talking to everybody!

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:34 pm
Fresh Meat

RETROBAND wrote:
Hello everyone.
Aaron here from Retroband. Thrilled to be a part of the legendary Skullbrain community. So many interesting topics and discussions. Thanks again for having me.

Aaron, hey man I believe I met you at this past Dcon. You and Jeremi stopped in the lobby of the hotel to pet my dog (Boston terrier) I would have said more but I was so destroyed from the drive from San Francisco that I just wanted to get dinner and pass out.

Welcome!

-Felipe

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Hey guys, my name is Ben and I just signed up. I have been a collector of so much stuff over the years,(comics, movies, music, t-shirts, beer labels, plastic models, etc) toys and figures included, but have only been collecting soft vinyl for about 4 years. I like a lot of what is out there, but my main focus is Max Toys, Rampage Toys, Splurrt, and MVH. Pretty much here to hang out with like minded toy folks and enjoy the scene. I don't get every piece I want, but I love every piece I get! :D

Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:58 pm
Fresh Meat

Hey All!
My name's Jack. My instagram is softvinylgarden :)
Im a student and a bartender/burger cook from Melbourne, Australia
Im entirely sofubi obsessed. Very broad taste (pretty well everything)
I look forward to (virtually) meeting you all!
Thanks for having me!
8) 8) 8)

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:38 am
Toy Prince

Hello,
My name is Neil. I'm a nerd from Denver. Most of the time I'm either working or drawing comics. Was recommend to the board because I wanted to make figures. I started buying sofubi to reverse engineer to make toys and kind of fell in love with the simplicity and craftsmanship. Hopefully I will have a small run of my Newest figure out for DINK denver if you're in the area. come say hi.
I collect Comics/ transformers/ movies.
Glad to be here.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Jack and Neil welcome to the board! I hope it finds you guys well!

eckotyper wrote:

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Hey, my name is Mikeal. I've been registered and lurking around for a little bit before this. I've collected toys since I was a kid, but moved around a lot and lived pretty ascetically most of my adult life. Pretty sedentary right now, so I guess I started collecting larger pieces again this past year or so. Still, I have a pretty small collection. I like tokusatsu and kaiju stuff, primarily, but also like specific RealxHead collabs and Shimomoku stuff quite a bit. Glad to be around; this board is a grea resource.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:17 am
Fresh Meat

Hello, I'm Kay. I'm new but not really. I thought I had an account, but I didn't so here I am. Forever lurker. Hope to meet a few people at Stranger Factory next week 8)

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:31 am
Fresh Meat

Hello, I am Mark. I live in Portland. I recently started reading this forum. I know a few members of this board from the vinyl record realm, and I am looking forward to contributing to the community.

I am a life-long Godzilla fan, and spent lots of time as a kid watching Toho film dubs on TBS, or anything I could afford to rent on VHS when not endlessly skateboarding. I have a heartfelt love for all things monster, especially vintage Japanese vinyl figures and toys, as they have always felt like a missing part of my life. I also collect vinyl record albums, and other heavy objects such as books (not rocks though, thankfully).

It has been inspiring to see a shared passion for these interests on this forum and elsewhere. It has also been really fun to watch the development of Super7 and all the other talented artists around the world crafting wonderful artwork and vinyl creations.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:19 pm
Vintage

Wow, tons of new people recently. Great to see an influx of appreciative folks to the board. Welcome and enjoy the wonder of SB (and the black hole that all its time-sucking and money-depleting nature :P ). Please enjoy your stay and hopefully you'll all get to know the intricacies and knowledge the forum has to offer.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:17 am
Fresh Meat

Hey guys and gals!

I started collecting sofubi kaiju a few months ago, then I switched to collecting keshi. I recently made the very regrettable decision to sell my few sofubi I had, but I'm probably going to start collecting again soon.

I'll probably flip-flop between the two collections just depending on my mood, but I don't think I will make the mistake of selling off a whole collection again.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and getting to see your collections.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:33 pm
Fresh Meat

Hi guys, I'm from Australia, been collecting super7 for a little while now. Really love Josh Herbolsheimer's stuff especially the beloved rose vamps. I've been a lurker on these forums for awhile now but figured I really need to get active

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:33 am
Fresh Meat

Hey Guys! I'm Matt! I'm a writer from LA. Just joined but been into toys my whole life. Got into sofubi a awhile ago while at Designercon but just got around to joining skullbrain. Looking forward to chatting with you all and seeing some great collections! Thanks!!

Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:56 pm
Fresh Meat

Im Taylor, from Iowa. If you look at my join date Im not really new. However, I rarely post, if ever. I mostly lurk and buy occasionally when I am not broke from buying records which is my primary hobby. My collection consists of Orange/Black Super7 releases and a few others that fit into the color scheme. Figured maybe Id try posting a bit more and look forward to the verbal abuse.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:21 pm
Toy Prince

Hi Foto junkaay! Welcome! I 'member you.

Wants:
-MVH Blobpus 6 eyed Demon.
-Boss Carrion. Not picky on color...
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:51 am
S7 Royalty

Thanks and welcome to all you new guys please read up on board procedures and conduct and for the love of Satan don't become someone I want to strangle. They are out there my hands yearn for their throats.

eckotyper wrote:

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Hello all. Name's Kevin and I'm from Houston, TX. New to the boards but not new to the vinyl toy scene. Been collecting designer vinyl for a few years now, but recently got bit by the sofubi/kaiju bug and knew I had to come and see what's popping on SB. Seems like a pretty well-knit community from what I've seen so far and I'm excited to be a part of it. Oh and thank you admins for the account activation.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 pm
Fresh Meat

Hello everyone, I'm a 36 years french Kaiju Sofubi fan from Marseille south France, collecting since few month. First of all I'm collecting comics and original comics arts (all kind) for years but I recently dove in the sofubi world and now I'm totally obsessed by these toys. Shape and colors make me crazy and I spend a lot of money to satisfy my vinyls needs. I hate western Artoys and I collect only Japanese Sofubi that have a soul (at least for me) mainly Bullmark reprint, US TOYS and Sunguts (Kitaro,Yokai). Sorry for my english. Be nice to me.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:45 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next