ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 Introductions 
Vintage

Post Re: Introductions
Damn, bad timing Fedhai, I just recently left Montpellier. There is almost no geek/toy scene there to speak of, which is unfortunate, but hopefully in the city you have access to some cooler shops. Welcome to the addictive world, you are already on a great start with that list - toy companies very much after my own particular likes as well. Welcome to board, and hope you dive right in and enjoy your stay! :)

flickr part [2] part [3]

Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:04 am
Fresh Meat

There not really cool toy/geek shops in Marseille, even in Paris the toy scene is really poor compare to US (It seems to me). I think the last toy paradise is Japan (for how much longer ?). I would like to go back there (fist time I went I wasn't collect sofubi yet) maybe for the superfestival. I really love butanohana to but I try to limit myself at some toys companies, certainly later. As soon as I can I post pics of my collection (I'll buy a little photo studio for good pics). I discover a lot of things every day on this board and what is fascinates me about Sofubi scene is the craft side, the fact that we feel that there are men behind these toys that make them with passion. Thanks

Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm
Fresh Meat

My name is Michael, I live in Los Angeles, CA. I'm new to the forum and have been collecting for about 12 years.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:20 am
Fresh Meat

My name is Rachel, I'm from Sydney Australia. I've been collecting toys for just over 11 years. Collecting fluctuates depending on the Australian dollar as can be an expensive hobby when shit currency and international postage is included.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:05 am
Fresh Meat

Hello my name is Cyrus, I am a poster child for diabetic coma's, a Jim Jones revivalist and I live in Houston TX. I get a kick out of soft vinyl, all of it makes me laugh, and I hope to one day bring the fucking pain. Thank you.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 pm
Fresh Meat

Sweet, another member from Houston. Hope the flooding these past few days didn't hit ya too bad.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:27 am
Fresh Meat

Hi all,

I'm a toy artist and collector living in the UK, just outside Cambridge. I post my artwork under the name Robotic Industries, its mainly custom vinyl and resin pieces. I'm looking to learn about and pick up more kaiju and vinyl toys.

Cheers, Jim.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:00 am
Fresh Meat

Hi all,
I am Mark from the UK, I've been collecting "art" toys since about 2005 and I got one or two Kaiju / Sofubi pieces early on without really knowing what they were just that I loved them - they turned out to be Toygraph Space Troopers.
The next significant Kaiju piece I picked up was a Realxhead Shinto-san, and these two lines are still my main obsession, though more escape me than ever get into my hands!

I also collect some Kaiju influenced pieces from western artists, Jeff Lamm's Real Fighting Greasebat and Lamour Supreme's Mongolion. Plus I collect tons of other toys too though I try not to! Used to buy a lot of 3A but stopped that, now a few HotToys have crept onto my shelves and I try to keep my eyes open for new artists making cool stuff.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:45 am
Side Dealer

FuriousPurpose wrote:
?... turned out to be Toygraph Space Troopers. .

Good choice :)

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:34 pm
Fresh Meat

maxaltoman wrote:
FuriousPurpose wrote:
?... turned out to be Toygraph Space Troopers. .

Good choice :)

Thanks! Except of course for how impossible it is to get hold of more now :)

Managed to get my collection up to 18 including some Ghost Trooper variants, but have not been able to find anymore for a few years...

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:49 pm
Line of Credit

Well you do have a better chance now , Mark.

Not that it happens that often, but space troopers definitely pop up here. I think it was just last month that someone put about 10 or so up for sale.

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--
Socrates, not a toy collector.

SELLING: - - -
TRADING: - - -
WANTING: the Good / the Bad / & Plenty of the Ugly!

Now In INSTACOLOR: @boonvelvet

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:26 am
Fresh Meat

boon velvet wrote:
Well you do have a better chance now , Mark.

Not that it happens that often, but space troopers definitely pop up here. I think it was just last month that someone put about 10 or so up for sale.

Thanks :) Shame I wasn't here a month ago! But great to know that some appear from time to time.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:31 am
Fresh Meat

Hi all!
Total Fresh Meat to the scene here.
I'll try to keep my intro short and relevant.
Grew up in Hawaii in the 80's, so Sentai Rangers and Ultraman had a massive cultural impact on me from my early days. Still a great lover of Kaiju flicks.
I started collecting with polystone statues, VG memorabilia, and art prints about 5 years ago.
Very recently got into vinyl through poster/MTG artist Mike Sutfin and his Mad Battle Man figures.
I'm still in the "everything is shiny and I want it all" phase. Haven't quite settled into what I want to concentrate on, but I love Hedos and GID stuff.
Got a bunch CAST, Vinyl Wars, a few recent unbox releases and other random stuff. Pretty much everything so far is on my IG @blingalingading
I'll be lurking and trying not to act the fool.
Cheers!
Bob

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:48 am
Vintage

Welcome to the forum Bob! Great to see some folks from Hawaii on here, as I know the islands have spurred (and maintained) a lot of the interest in tokusatsu shows and kaiju. Love to hear your stories growing up around the unique exposure to that. Kikaida especially, as I understand it, was huge there. Not to mention all the unique vintage stuff [re]released for the Hawaiian market. Anyways, warm welcome, and from the sounds of things you will find a lot of interesting stuff here on the forum. Take some time to dig through the old posts, it is really a wealth of knowledge.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:14 pm
Fresh Meat

Appreciate the welcome ultrakaiju. You're correct that I did indeed get the best of both worlds, tons of older live action stuff on top of classic animation, all on broadcast tv. Even better if you had a friend with NHK in their cable plan. Kikaida was pretty big, at the time it didn't grab me for lack of mecha. We didn't have the money for the ubiquitous import toys. Luckily I'm not trying to track down the vintage stuff that I missed just yet.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:39 pm
Team Tsubu

blingaling wrote:
I'll be lurking and trying not to act the fool.
Half the battle is surely won! Enjoy your stay. :D

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:50 pm
Fresh Meat

Hi. New guy here. I'm not much for introductions so I'll keep it brief. Colorado guy that likes Sofubi/Kaiju. I've been collecting for about 5 years, started out with designer vinyl which fizzled out pretty quick and moved onto bootlegs and Kaiju. I go to DCon every year. Looking to further my collection and meet some like minded people. Not a lot of Kaiju happenings in Colorado unfortunately.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:17 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25