ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Introductions 
Fresh Meat

Post Re: Introductions
Nice to meet everyone, I'm Melody. I'm sure I already know a good handful of you from other places. Lifeling toy collector, gamer & guitarist. Big fan of JMRampage, Shirahamatoy, Purple Toys, TruTek, SlavexOne & many many more. I've been to Japan 11 times so Sofubi is nothing new to me, but I've been really getting into it in the past year or so. Not that it's any big deal to me, but I'm trans & just sayin' so in hopes that there's no drama stirred up in the future. Pleasure to meet you all.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:31 am
Fresh Meat

Hi Everyone! My name is Jus and I have been collecting sofubi for over a year now. I live on the east coast and have a love for everything Japan from sound equipment to toys. Trying to make up for lost time with my collection and connect with other like minded people.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:33 pm
Addicted

Welcome Jus, looking forward to seeing pics of your collection

Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:41 pm
Addicted

JIVE wrote:
Hi Everyone! My name is Jus and I have been collecting sofubi for over a year now. I live on the east coast and have a love for everything Japan from sound equipment to toys. Trying to make up for lost time with my collection and connect with other like minded people.

Welcome. Already enjoying your instagram!

Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:29 pm
Fresh Meat

Thanks guys! Slowly getting some more pictures up on my instagram.

Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:25 pm
Fresh Meat

Hi, I'm 「バクテリア」 . I'm a designer and my main interests are skateboarding, design, butoh, japanese toys and music.
My likes are Balzac's toys, Secret Base, Gargamel and most of all Pushead toys.

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:24 am
Fresh Meat

Welcome bacteria. :)

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:44 pm
Fresh Meat

IG:DXSS0316
:P :P
I really love MVH PK PUSHEAD AND HS
And i very need HS itamu!!!
I don't have any ITAMU

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:54 am
Addicted

Hey, DXSS...we don't give a fuck what you "need"!
Become a contributing member of the community before you start asking for stuff. Your first four posts have all been garbage. Please stop. Read before you speak for your sake and ours. Thank you.

Your first love and your last love is toy love.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:27 am
Toy Prince

Ditto what Michael Beverage said. Become a positive contributor to our community before you start asking for things. A little courtesy goes a long way and please read up on what all Fresh Meat's need to know.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 am
Mr. Grumpy™

DXSS try sharing and being a member instead of signing up to beg for toys. You like HxS, so do a million other people here- why not at least post some things in the thread? You would be surprised how quickly members will talk to you then. Listen to Michael don't just come here to score!

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Hi everyone! My name is Tres and I finally took the plunge after all these years just lurkin and surfing around keeping up with all the great info on this board. Been collecting toys forever but started collecting kaiju in 2007.....was walking around enjoying myself minding my own business at SDCC in 07 when I came across the Gargamel booth and just stood there in awe for God knows how long!! The Zag that year started it all for me and I dropped everything else lol....so been collecting on and off when the bank account allowed but decided to finally register on SB. Big thanks to everyone who have provided all the great info and pics since I've been following and looking forward to being apart of the board!

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:17 pm
Vintage

Welcome to the forum Tres. Ha, well, that sure is a long time lurking, but glad you found your way into the front door eventually. Collecting sure has gone through some 'cycles' since 2007, but you will definitely find a ton of people here very appreciative of Zags and Gargamel toys. Now that you are in the posting frame of mind, always nice to share shots of your collections or some toys special to you. Enjoy the board!

flickr part [2] part [3]

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 pm
Toy Prince

ultrakaiju wrote:
Welcome to the forum Tres. Ha, well, that sure is a long time lurking, but glad you found your way into the front door eventually. Collecting sure has gone through some 'cycles' since 2007, but you will definitely find a ton of people here very appreciative of Zags and Gargamel toys. Now that you are in the posting frame of mind, always nice to share shots of your collections or some toys special to you. Enjoy the board!

Ya it has been a long time coming for sure, went through a few spurts where toys just had to be put on the back burner for various reasons. I'm sure we all have those so just kinda browsed from afar when I could....try to stay in the loop even if I wasn't purchasing much. Your not kidding about it going through some cycles wow! Gargamel was what got me started in the Sofubi scene but it didn't take me long to branch out in all directions. Still love me some Gargamel! Thanks!

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:13 pm
Fresh Meat

intro time!

25 yr old, Los Angeles born and raised. decided to join to be a little more integrated in the community. im on instagram as: MannyDaggers I tattoo in LA and have been collecting action figures (devilman and batman mostly) and certain kaiju (mainly mecha-g honestly) for a good while, and collect A LOT of disney stuff (anything with chernabog im a sucker for). i was introduced to designer toys around january 2015 and have since built myself a small but pleasant handful of Paul Kaiju, MVH, BloodGutsToys which make up the bulk of my shelves. looking forward to many years of collecting these pieces of art and to meeting new people on here that im not already acquainted with on instagram!

Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:28 pm
Mini Boss

^^^^ Manny!
I had no idea you weren't already on this crazy board somewhere.
So welcome and gird your loins. :wink:

Connell
phuntsy

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:27 am
Fresh Meat

plastichunter wrote:
^^^^ Manny!
I had no idea you weren't already on this crazy board somewhere.
So welcome and gird your loins. :wink:

Connell
phuntsy

i've heard so many negative things about the way people conduct themselves on here, that it honestly made me not want to join! the few i know are genuinely nice people i have befriended in person/instagram! BUT i'm giving it a shot and hope i can stay within the rules as fresh meat lol :D

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:54 pm
Vintage

^^
Seen your posts on instagram. Thought you were already on here. Welcome.

MOCKBATPOCALYPSE BATS/THRASHOUT

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:52 pm
Fresh Meat

bryce_r wrote:
^^
Seen your posts on instagram. Thought you were already on here. Welcome.

thank you :D i'll make sure to post different pictures on here lol

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:08 pm
Vintage

Remember to check out some of the devilman threads. Good stuff.

MOCKBATPOCALYPSE BATS/THRASHOUT

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:32 pm
Toy Prince

MoonspellxRites wrote:
i've heard so many negative things about the way people conduct themselves on here, that it honestly made me not want to join! the few i know are genuinely nice people i have befriended in person/instagram!

Manny! WTF took you so long to join? I hear ya though, I lurked for a couple years before finally signing up. It's true sometimes things can get heated on the board, and the arguments range from cringeworthy to hilarious. If you find yourself a victim just follow Connell's advice and gird your loins.
Have fun! :twisted:

Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:02 pm
Fresh Meat

:lol: well i finally made it on here deb haha hopefully nothing sends me running and crying into my toys at home

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:25 pm
Fresh Meat

Hello all! I see quite a few familiar nics from other boards, and even more new ones.

I'm in my late 30's, a designer by day, toy maker/customizer by night. I've gone by a few nics, most have known me by Bubo or YoBubo. I've been making molds & resin casting for the past decade as a service to other sculptors, and have been finalizing designs for my own production/releases (aka, learning how to sculpt). I've aspirations of one day owning a sofubi production studio in the USA.

I've been a toy lover/collector since I was a child, and have recently been focusing my collecting on mini figures & resin-cast/handmade pieces (or custom pieces).

Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Welcome Bubo, close to 4 years of lurking huh!? That could be some kind of record.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:07 am
Fresh Meat

Hey, all. Nice to virtually meet you. I'm a longtime lurker who's mostly collected Yay Area faves like Jeremy Fish, BigfootOne and Super 7...but recently scored an old Raydeen like the one I had when I was little and realized I should take the plunge and jump in with like-minded folks here on SB 'cuz I love to see all the pics/collections shared.
I worked in advertising in SF for over a decade and was fortunate to be there for Super7's Japantown shop. Now I lead Creative at a brewery in Petaluma; not too far from the fun in SF.
Cheers!

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:38 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next