ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:50 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 Introductions 
Fresh Meat

Post Re: Introductions
Hello everyone, I'm Eder from Buffalo, NY...
I'm a student. I'm Married. I have two kids. I try to be creative but it winds up derivative. Maybe I'll figure out how to fix that some day.
I've been lurking here forever and it's about time I jump in. I'm here for the same reason as everyone else. Monsters. Sweet, sweet monsters.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:50 pm
Comment King

welcome
Hagardjoe
deadlemming
FANFICTION
: )

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

hey everyone, I'm Nick. I've been lurking here for awhile but thought I should introduce myself. I'm an animator by profession my most notable credit is working as an animator on Metalocalypse season 2, so I draw and stuff and dabble in toy customizing. I'm pretty new to Sofubi and Kaiju, so far I really like Super7, Secret Base, Gargamel, and RealXHead!
Anyway.. Hey, I'm Nick

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hi Nick! Welcome to the board!

TiredChildren Design
To Write Love on Her Arms (My Day Job)

Trades / Unpainted PK Wants / Micro Wants / Wishlist

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

metalocalypse.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Hi Everyone, after joining and lurking for a while my account was already inactive but is now back on track! I am Thomas and a long time collector from germany. Some people may know me as I go on several other forums and been involved in the custom niche for a while now. My main collection consists of vintage monochramic Monster in my Pocket figures but I also collect several other toys like glyos and of course I love unpainted blank vinyl figures and these have taken some serious space in my ikea detolf cabinet.
I am looking forward to post the vinyl part of my collection here soon too, so far, this is my flickr with mainly my mimp collection atm: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61827584@N04/
Can`t wait to meet you crazy crew! ;)

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 pm
Toy Prince

Hi MonsterNamahage! Rad Mimp sets you've got there! I think those were the first series I got serious into collecting as a kid. They look great in mono sets like that

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Hello everyone i am Yong from Singapore, I too have been lurking around this forum for a long time before finally deciding to sign up and post stuff. My primary collection is Kanegon ( hedorah , realxhead and matango is also in my very humble collection but not much). I am glad i signed up and manage to know more friends here! I hope anyone out there who is interested in the same items as i do can get in touch with me and share the joy of what we have collected over the years :)

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 pm
Comment King

welcome
DrMadness
MonsterNamahage
and madxnot with your great Kanegon pile
: )

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Thanks for the welcomes and hi madxnot!

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am
Toy Prince

Hi everyone! My name is Josh and as you can see I'm new here. I collect a wide variety of toys and just got into Sofubi and Kaiju a few months ago. So far I've been pretty picky with what Sofubi and Kaiju pieces I buy, but I'm finding more and more that I like as I educate myself on what is out there.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 pm
Site Admin

Welcome Josh! Got any collection photos?

TiredChildren Design
To Write Love on Her Arms (My Day Job)

Trades / Unpainted PK Wants / Micro Wants / Wishlist

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

TiredChildren wrote:
Welcome Josh! Got any collection photos?

Thank you! I posted my small collection of Sofubi and Kaiju here:

http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44915

There are a few more items I'm expecting in the mail to go with that stuff. I'll post those pictures when I get the items.

I have other pictures of my non-Sofubi and non-Kaiju collection on my photobucket account, but I wasn't going to post those at this forum since they aren't Sofubi and Kaiju related. I actually have a really large collection of toys in general in my man cave.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:50 pm
Fresh Meat

Hey i'm Matt i'm 27 from Pennsylvania.Been collecting my whole life.Very bored of 80's "boys toys" looking to thin a lot of that out.So much stuff out there.More into classic kaiju original and retro.Don't really have any friends with similar collecting interests. So I hope to make some new "friends"not looking to use the board as a dating service ha but some new internet friends to buy/sell/trade with sounds good.
HI
Intros are weird

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 am
Vintage

Welcome all. Nice to see a sudden influx of people. Keep in mind to check out the FAQs before you burn too many bridges. 8) We are generally good folk around here though.

@ MonsterNamahag - Sweet MIMP collection. I am yet another person very impressed with your stuff. I really dig the foreign bootleg versions. I definitely ought to get myself some of those volcano displays, they would work great for anything really. I have distinct fond memories of digging in giant bins at Esbella trying to find 'just the right set.' :mrgreen:

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am
Comment King

welcome! fett and Hoodrack

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Hoodrack wrote:
Hey i'm Matt i'm 27 from Pennsylvania.Been collecting my whole life.Very bored of 80's "boys toys" looking to thin a lot of that out.So much stuff out there.More into classic kaiju original and retro.Don't really have any friends with similar collecting interests. So I hope to make some new "friends"not looking to use the board as a dating service ha but some new internet friends to buy/sell/trade with sounds good.
HI
Intros are weird

welcome matt, quite a few PA people here.

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 am
Toy Prince

Hello everyone and thank you Mr. Herbolsheimer for activating my account!
My name is Shawn, I am 23 and currently live in central California. I started collecting toys in late 2009. A friend of mine was getting rid of stuff, trying to make some room in his house and he was getting rid of all his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys. I got first dibs on some of them and ended up taking all his TMNT villans. At that point I figured I would start getting more into toys. I first saw kaiju on Mishkas' bloglin. At the time I was making small Godzilla and Ultra Man purchases. Got my first taste of awesome colors when I got Toygraphs Hedorah in a car and a couple mini Hedorahs. From there I got into Gargamel, and like everyone else I am obsessed with it. So now I am mostly collecting gargamel toys and toys with similar colorways. I have already made two trades on this site and am already checking and rechecking post for updates.

Craka-laka-Shang!
-Shawn

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 pm
Fresh Meat

Hello,
I posted my first comment in this forum today, and I guess it's time to say hello to everyone. My name is Angel and I've been following this forum in the last couple of years, but I'm not someone very (even just a little) "talkative", as I already said to Josh, who has kindly helped me to join. For many months I've been reading many nice comments and enjoying great pictures here, discovering many talented artists and nice board members. And even if I say hello today, I don't feel as if I'm new here. In any case, nice to be part of this, and I hope that from now on I will have the time and the words to help this passion we share.
Nice day for everyone!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:02 pm
Toy Prince

Hey hello there. I've been lurking for a month or so and thought I should at least post here, even if I'm mostly just soaking up information and reading threads silently for now.

My name is Zack. I work for Bwana helping out at GH and I'm a cartoonist as well.
I run this webcomics portal: http://studygroupcomics.com/main/ and some of my own comics can be found here: http://studygroupcomics.com/main/catego ... zack-soto/

Anyhow, I have been learning a lot about the toy scene the past year or so working for Bwana, and it's rekindled my longtime love of kaiju/sentai toys and imagery. When I was a kid I was in love with "Tranzor Z" aka Mazinger, Infra-Man and the Shogun Warriors, among other things. Like I said, I'm still learning about the toy scene, but my current favorite toy makers are Pico Pico, Paul Kaiju, Zollmen, & Gargamel. I tend to like more whimsical/playful stuff like Pico Pico and Buta stuff more than gross out type figures, but that's not a hard rule.

OK, back to lurking.

Instagram @zacksoto
Wants

Last edited by Ghost Attack on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

Welcome
BrainDeadBrum
zaetna
and Ghost Attack, i'm enjoying the webcomics portal thnx for posting.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Hi there..

My name is Noel and I live in Colorado.

I've been collecting toys for the past ten years, mainly Kidrobot stuff. I just landed a job at Kidrobot a few months back and absolutely love it..

I've been a fan of Usugrows's work for the past several years and finally took a plunge into the world of Rebel Inks last week, I'm now addicted.

I've been into the graff scene for the past 25 years, but don't paint anymore, just admire other peoples' work..

I can't wait to start checking out some of your collection pics! :)

Cheers...

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:24 pm
Post Pimp

^ you're going to fit right in around here! brace yourself!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Zombiekel wrote:
Hi
Completely missed this thread - apologies!

Hi all
I'm based in Wales, UK and am new to this board and super new to this part of the toy scene.
Been collecting for years and am just dipping my toe into Super7, Secretbase & RxH for the first time.
Thought I'd sign up here and say hi to everyone.

I use the same name 'Zombiekel' on Twitter, Instagram, Kidrobot, Toykarma and everything else.

Looking forward to getting to know a lot more and hanging out here

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy!

What up instagram buddy?? ;)

I made it over to the cool kids club!! lol..

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 pm
Toy Prince

Hey Noel!

Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next