ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

what is your prized possession (toy or otherwise)?

Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:32 pm

I figure many will say a certain toy or their collection of toys.

mine is actually this:

kamen rider dvd-box
limited to 50,000
comes in a metal briefcase
16 discs - all 98 episodes in unsubtitled glory plus extras, a music cd, and 2 books or artwork and promotion materials

also came with a pin set and a poster

it's the most expensive thing I've ever bought except for a car

Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:53 pm

AAAAHG, I want that. I love Kamen Rider. Been waiting for ever for HongKong to boot that. Grrrr.........

I'm also a huge doctor who geek. I've got a signed Jon Pertwee card I got before he passed away.
Last edited by MrStone on Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:00 pm

I missed out on the Toei Kamen Rider V3 set that followed this, now it's OOP and hard to find, especially in new condition. I will pick up the subbed version that generationkikaida released, but I'd still love to have the japanese set if I can find one.

Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:08 pm

My most prized possession is a Stuttering Philosopher by Szukalski. Sorry I'm such a retard about photos: http://www.szukalski.com/sculpture_stuttering_philosopher.html
I promise to learn how to post photos. And feel free to hassle me for buying an "estate cast".

Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:21 pm

man I was wondering what the hell that thing on your avatar at Kidrobot was!!!!! haha. anyway my prised possesion is my GID Cococrocs!!!!!

Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:25 pm

First edition, 1/125, Signed and Numbered by the author and photographer: Horsemeat by Charles Bukowski.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:20 am

Mine is my Harley which is buried in my barn-sorry no pics til spring...

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:21 am

Mine is my copy of the first Minor Threat 7".

...or maybe my brand new Scion xB.

...or maybe my green kaiju mantis.

nah. It's the Minor Threat record.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:28 pm

Lttr Prssd wrote:First edition, 1/125, Signed and Numbered by the author and photographer: Horsemeat by Charles Bukowski.

awesome!

Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:44 am

I actually have 3 prized possesions.
The first is an autographed copy of Hunter S,. Thompson's The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman. After signing the book, not only did he shake my hand, but when I said "thank you for all the entertainment." while still holding my hand he yanked me down so hard that my chin almost hit the table and he said, "What did you say?" and then laughed

My second is a 20" Glow in the Dark Count Chocula wacky wobbler. Only 12 made and all the proceeds went to the Make a Wish childrens charity.

The third is a 1972 re-issue Fender Jazz bass. Natural finish with rosewood fretboard. And it's tone is so warm this bassboy practically plays itself!!!

Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:28 pm

right off hand, my tubed cd-player. $1200 but I'm listening to Schubert and hearing the details. It made my cd collection new again and opened the door on jazz and classical.
the photos of my life - friends, pets, etc.
Post a reply