ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

mixed drinks thread?

Sun May 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Do we have a mixed drinks thread? I've discovered a new fave summery drink- Moscow Mule- Vodka. Ginger Beer, Club Soda, Lemon twist. Served over crushed ice and in a copper mug- mmmmmm yum!

Re: mixed drinks thread?

Sun May 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Cherry Pepsi + MR Pib + Mountain Dew + a little Hawaiian Punch = Sugar overdoes heaven

Sun May 22, 2016 2:46 pm

I kind of thought the last discussion on Hendricks gin had basically devolved into a full-on alcohol appreciation thread, so that seems like a decent de facto one, if no other.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=43200

We kept it going for a while and definitely hit on a lot of 'other poisons' in there.

Mon May 23, 2016 7:59 am

I think we mainly just glorified Gin in that thread- but if James does a merge I'm open to talking about mixed drinks every day in that thread lol. I'm always searching for a new drink :P

Mon May 23, 2016 8:11 am

You are totally right Lixx, my mistake. I thought that was also the thread where we had expanded it into talk of whiskey and other miscellany, but I read back just now and you are right, must have been somewhere else [if at all, my mind is a sieve]. I thought we had a few pages of stuff, but unless it was the beer thread, which I doubt, can't recollect where.

After doing some searching, I guess I might have been thinking about this one,
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40968
although we had also discussed whiskey and rye for a while in the 'Canadian' thread too.

Anyways, I am always open to drink recommendations too; though I am a creature of habit and inevitably return to my old standards when reaching for something.

Mon May 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Diet cola + Bacardi rum.
Bacardi gives it an odd vanilla aftertaste and it's glorious. Diet means I only feel half as guilty!

Tue May 24, 2016 6:24 am

As a straight edge teetotaler, I wanted to alert folks to this amazing book Skylar and I recently picked up:

Never leave your non-drinky (and under 21) friends and family out of the fruity umbrella drink parties again! :)

Even if you drink, the artwork is just so FAB

Tue May 24, 2016 8:14 am

Caribou Lou

5 Parts Pineapple Juice Pineapple Juice
1.5 Parts Rum 151 Proof Rum
1 Part Rum Malibu Rum

Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 am

Missy, that art work is really cool to look at!

Tue May 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Lixx wrote:Do we have a mixed drinks thread? I've discovered a new fave summery drink- Moscow Mule- Vodka. Ginger Beer, Club Soda, Lemon twist. Served over crushed ice and in a copper mug- mmmmmm yum!

I enjoy the Kentucky Mule, just cause im on a whiskey run.

Tue May 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Long time ago i went to Trader Vics and got a Painkiller in a Metal porcelain enamel cup. I have a weakspot for tropical drinks... Mai tais are my favorite right now.

Post a reply