ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:22 pm

How many of you post on the KR board? 
Fresh Meat

Post How many of you post on the KR board?
I see a lot of mean comments but people on this board regarding the kid robot board (immature, kiddy, beginner toys) and at the same time i recognize a lot of the names from here to there...Who posts over there too? I'm curious.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:31 pm
S7 Royalty

Keeps me abreast of the rest of the vinyl world.
and it's usually quite entertaining !!! hehehheee

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:33 pm
Profile YIM
Addicted

actually the recent thing with the one guy's toys only being sold w/ the exclusive butthole has had me crackin up. Some of those kids over there are hilarious when they think they missed out

but yeah I post over there from time to time. It's an alright place to converse. Just not as good as here.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 pm
Toy Prince

I post there often, more so than here b/c I still feel very new and out of place in this board.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:41 pm
S7 Royalty

Too many weird looking toys.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

Me Too!!!BTW don't mistake our "meanness" its all just tough love!!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

I post there, but sometimes I do question why!!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:56 pm
S7 Royalty

i barely posted for a few months but the drama is so fun i've been back for more lately!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:01 pm
Profile YIM
Addicted

i stopped posting there. i do it once in a while, but latelly i'm not sure what is going on...

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

I don't post nearly as often as I used to. Just too much whining, but I do still post,

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:12 pm
Post Pimp

I have an account there, but rarely check it, and when I do it's because I'm looking to buy toys that people post about here and someone always replies "post on skullbrain"

I know it seems like some kind of group mentality that we have over here, but I really honestly don't like most of the stuff that kid robot carries/caters to, with the exception of be@rbricks

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

I don't post on kr often (or here too!!). KR boards are funny to read at times, it seems to go along the lines of flippers flippers, new toy - lets hype it up, flipper flippers, why can't i get the new super hyped toy, flippers, moan, flippers...

Colin

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:25 pm
Line of Credit

I post very rarely. I check to see any info about other stuff I'm into, but it's mainly the entertainment angle that appeals. KR is a paranoid place.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:30 pm
Post Pimp

I keep up w/KR because they were the glue that bonded a lot of us(skullbrainers) but my interest has since dwindled to almost none.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

actually the recent thing with the one guy's toys only being sold w/ the exclusive butthole has had me crackin up. Some of those kids over there are hilarious when they think they missed out

I never really go onto the KR Board at all because I try to limit my vinyl toy love to the stuff covered much better here, but I have to see the thread about the exclusive butthole toy! :shock: A toy with an exclusive butthole speaks to me. Link please! :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:42 pm
Addicted

this is the exclusive limited-edition ultra sought after anus I was referring to:

although as far as i know that is the only bleeding rectum.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:00 pm
Die-Cast

Nice repost of my labbits bloody butt. Thanks again frank.

I post on KR. I love that board it is to fun to watch people have a meltdown because the couldn't buy a 1000 run [expletive deleted]. I have never seen a group of people with such a sense of entitlement.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:49 pm
Addicted

it seems to go along the lines of flippers flippers, new toy - lets hype it up, flipper flippers, why can't i get the new super hyped toy, flippers, moan, flippers...

you forgot to mention "petitions" too

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

I've posted there a couple times. Found a toy I was looking for. Check it like, once a week. I'm here daily & frequently.

No comparison.

RFSO!
RFSO!
RFSO!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Nice repost of my labbits bloody butt. Thanks again frank.

I post on KR. I love that board it is to fun to watch people have a meltdown because the couldn't buy a 1000 run [expletive deleted]. I have never seen a group of people with such a sense of entitlement.

"Entitlement" is the perfect word. It's one thing to be pissed that you missed out on something, we've all been there at one time or another. But when it turns into threats of bodily harm and assholes bragging just to stir the pot... Way too "Emo" for me.

A more mature bunch here. Still I hope new folks aren't put off by the smallness of this board.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:41 pm
Fresh Meat

Hmmm...Well - Interesting answers indeed. I for one am not put off by the smallness of the board. I'm actually not put off by much other than people on these toy boards that aren't actually "toy" collectors.

I also think there's probably a fair amount of shit stirrers on this board as well - to be frank. But it is refreshing to see outright hostility (again outright hostility) rather than cracks and behind the scenes hooliganism.

Sense of entitlement? Selfishness? On other boards...Indeed. I'd like to think not here.

Often times though those that are considered paranoid have something to actually lose. That's why Grandpa Jake (RIP) always told me not to fight with somebody who has nothing to lose. I think he was right - Indeed. He also said there's plenty of mind-fuckers in the world too so who cares?

Coming soon to a store near you "Young, Black & Angry" along with ***"Stark Raving Mad" ***blatant rip-off.

Don't call it a comeback.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:54 pm
Addicted

If you want one little example of why people have been bashing the [expletive deleted] message board just go to thelink below. Just do yourself one very big favor...make sure you take 2 extra strength tylenol before you begin. And even then be prepared for your eyes to start crossing and blood to seep from your nose!!!

I honestly can't wait for the "cool" factor to drop out of this toy craze. That will leave the true fans and artists to enjoy this for the right reasons and then all the obnoxious fad jumpers will move on to the next cool thing to be seen involved in!!!!!

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=22090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:54 pm
S7 Royalty

Holy blow-moley! :shock: I couldn't read much more.

And I thought my "other" hobbies were getting rediculous as eye full of green boogers. But I like the way you skullbrainers handled it.
Truly a saving grace. :wink:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Illuminati

Hey young,black&angry,
If you want one little example of why people have been bashing the [expletive deleted] message board just go to thelink below. Just do yourself one very big favor...make sure you take 2 extra strength tylenol before you begin. And even then be prepared for your eyes to start crossing and blood to seep from your nose!!!
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=22090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

good god. Is it just me or is 25 pages for thread in a matter of days a bit crazy?!

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:24 pm
Profile WWW