ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Re: Non- Vinyl American toys

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 am

[quote="ultrakaiju"]Wait, someone else know Blackstar?! He-man can't hold a candle against the child-me's love for those toys [and let's be honest, both cartoons were pretty awful]. The 'laser-light' sparker figures (I had the Palace Guard) were one of the coolest toys I owned, and I still love them as then.

Haha, even the font in this ad is ripped off.

Got a bunch of this stuff loose also. Man I got a lot of crap!

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 am

Not sure if this is what you mean, but could it have been these "Whacky Walkers?"

I also found this one, which for some reason I find disturbing (I think it is the 'cups'). :|

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 pm

This thread inspired me to look in the garage for some old school toys. I found a few.....I know there is more : )
I thought it was cool my Buck Rogers and Black Hole action figs to the right of the soccer game still had scotch tape on them from when me and the bros used to tape a dime between their legs, and have headspin battles on the lunchtables.....anyone else remember doing this ?

The rubber bands on my Joes sure didn't last....
Shredder is impossible to stand up !

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:04 pm

Love the classic Joes, those are timeless for me. Haha, I had Snowjob too, but was so jealous of my brother's Snake Eyes. And the grunts of course. The o-rings aren't too hard to replace if you do wanna fix 'em up.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:16 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:Love the classic Joes, those are timeless for me. Haha, I had Snowjob too, but was so jealous of my brother's Snake Eyes. And the grunts of course. The o-rings aren't too hard to replace if you do wanna fix 'em up.

I imagine their has to be some online source for action figure parts ? The orings, and pins that hold the limbs together...etc?
The Joes aren't in bad shape actually....considering they are in pieces :lol:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:27 pm

bansheebot wrote:Holy crap, I had that Ghostbusters Dracula. If there's one thing I regret not bringing with us when my dad and I moved to Florida, it's my orange plastic hamper full of random action figures.

Ahh yes....big containers full of random action figures are so much fun. I've gotta dive back into the garage again, because I know I have a couple boxes like that....full of Beetlejuice, Ghostbusters, Marvel and DC stuff, fast food toys, maybe some He-Man.....

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 pm

The pins are rivets, so that is a bit trickier. And I am pretty sure they are aluminum, or maybe the early ones. I haven't fixed any arm joints myself. But as for the o-rings, you can probably just find some at a local hardware or parts store. They are a pretty standard size, but try and get one that has suitable flexibility so you aren't putting too much strain on the plastic.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:01 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:Not sure if this is what you mean, but could it have been these "Whacky Walkers?"

Noooo, but Thanks for tryin, Ultrakaiju! These were MUCH cooler than that, w' "Mad Ball" type graphics, if I'm remembering them correctly.

The shape is more like a turtle shell or German half helmet.

The sticky wheel rollers were hidden under the bottom.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:57 pm

http://smalljoes.com/cat/G.I.-GI-JOE-re ... s-57.shtml
Great source for the proper sized O rings. I swear I used to have a link for a site that made recasts of the metal T bars with the hooks... but that may have been like 3 computers ago.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 am

AgentRavage wrote:http://smalljoes.com/cat/G.I.-GI-JOE-repair-replacement-parts-57.shtml
Great source for the proper sized O rings. I swear I used to have a link for a site that made recasts of the metal T bars with the hooks... but that may have been like 3 computers ago.

^ Thanks ! I really should fix em up. It wouldn't cost that much, and they have sentimental value too....it would be nice to have them standing again : )

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 am

^ as is the fad these days — mixed parts joes!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Heh...I remember one time getting Lady Jaye in a big group-trade. So naturally, I did some fucked up Dr. Mindbender-type experiments where I transplanted her boobs onto Cobra troopers & such.

Good times...good times...

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:46 pm

^^ Yep. As someone with an older brother, I was the one who always got stuck with the lady figures. I was young and naive, but I had a inkling of how much that sucked. As if there isn't enough to be jealous of your big siblings with - he always got the best toys too!

How this happened I still have not figured out.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:43 am

Found this Toxic Crusader in a charity shop the other day for 50p. He's missing the accessories but I'm not too bothered.

I'd never seen this toy-line before . . . the sculpt is great . . . i will have to keep an eye out for more!

Headbanger by The Moog Image Dump, on Flickr

Headbanger by The Moog Image Dump, on Flickr

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:30 am

always one of my favorites, forever and ever

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:42 am

^^ Nice . . . . i needs one of those :)

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:43 am

toxie and his oversized bootleg companion:
speaking of companions, i need a noxie figure! and while i'm at it, sgt. kabukiman & Tromie The nuclear rodent!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:22 am

A bootleg...of the Toxic Avenger. Huh. That seems extraordinarily fitting, I'd say!

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:01 pm

can't wait for the new toxic inspired MVH vinyl!

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:28 pm

...just in case you forgot who the best action figure designers in the world are, The Four Horsemen are about to drop this insanely awesome shit!
www.fourhorsemen.biz/news/2013/3/17/ravens.html
Seriously, just take all of my money! :lol:

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 am

^^^^ Sorry. I don't like figures attached to platforms no matter how well they are sculpted.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:10 am

It just looks all McFalrane to me, not that its a bad thing.
It "looks" detailed and good and kind of busy, but it doesn't make me "feel" anything.

plastichunter wrote:^^^^ Sorry. I don't like figures attached to platforms no matter how well they are sculpted.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am

can't go wrong with TMNT...well, I guess you can--but I like this one.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:40 am

OOh I like that new Metalhead

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 am

I realy hope that line ets funded, I need the Rooster figure varient!
Post a reply