ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Non- Vinyl American toys 
Toy Prince

Post Re: Non- Vinyl American toys
I do love me some Resident Evil/ Biohazard! :P

Some of the older SOTA Toys Street Fighter Figures. Iv always been fond of this line even if allot of the older figures and color variants can be super hard to find.

And some older Spawn stuff. :P

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:03 am
Toy Prince

Got a incredible Mutant Commando resin fig from Luke Reich.
hit him up at
http://mutopiatoys.tumblr.com/

Found a MIB Toybiz Wolverine for 20$

Tue May 03, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

AAAAGHH! NOOOOOOO! Mine eyes see McFarlane toys on this page (fixes index fingers in shape of a cross, rushes hurriedly away :lol: ).

Your first love and your last love is toy love.

Tue May 03, 2016 4:40 pm
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
Got a incredible Mutant Commando resin fig from Luke Reich.
hit him up at
http://mutopiatoys.tumblr.com/

Found a MIB Toybiz Wolverine for 20$

Thats quite an old X Men toy you have there. One of the first figures made in action figure form i believe.

Tue May 03, 2016 4:50 pm
Line of Credit

There were a few to come before, in the 70s and 80s, but that's the first toybiz Wolverine.

That one was one of my favorites as a kid. You can't beat retractable claws and a removable mask that doubles as a ring.

My first wolvie was the Secret Wars figure.

Not my image.

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--
Socrates, not a toy collector.

SELLING: - - -
TRADING: - - -
WANTING: the Good / the Bad / & Plenty of the Ugly!

Now In INSTACOLOR: @boonvelvet

Tue May 03, 2016 6:44 pm
Toy Prince

^^^ Oh yeah i forgot all about those! I was born in 1984 so i BARELY remember any of that. I do remember seeing allot of Kenner Star Wars figures in a comic book shop out where i used to live as well as some old Clash Of The Titan figures.

Tue May 03, 2016 8:52 pm
Side Dealer

Johann Kraus

Wed May 04, 2016 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

boon velvet wrote:
There were a few to come before, in the 70s and 80s, but that's the first toybiz Wolverine.

That one was one of my favorites as a kid. You can't beat retractable claws and a removable mask that doubles as a ring.

My first wolvie was the Secret Wars figure.

Not my image.

Damn... those secret wars toys, were like Marvel's answer to super powers. Got to love the lenticular hologram shield!

Wed May 04, 2016 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

They were also pretty enjoyably referenced in Deadpool's Secret Wars:

Ah yes, original SW was a good time. I really miss those days of simplistic, but well done, action figures. The Toybiz series was great in its own way too, even when it embraced all the, well let's call it zaniness, of the 90s comics era.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed May 04, 2016 8:06 am
Post Pimp

When I found out Gentle Giant's "jumbo" Secret Wars figures did NOT come with the shields (despite originally advertising that they would), that was an instant deal-killer.

blog

Thu May 05, 2016 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

What a hugely missed opportunity! Why even leave them out, for the amount you have shell out for these 'beefed up' rubber toys, with barely any articulation or accessories, they kinda need something to bring it to that extra level. Heck, even the 80s toy line was not really great in comparison to levels of detail of other comparable action figures of the time, so they needed a gimmick. Really too bad. I haven't seen the GG versions of these guys, not sure they could match the appeal of the Kenner SW was tbh, but I suppose the comic [collectible] market is just as huge. The 'bobble' versions they did were horrible though.

Oh well, at least there was some decent versions made for the nuSecret Wars that had them included.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu May 05, 2016 8:05 am
Line of Credit

ultrakaiju wrote:
They were also pretty enjoyably referenced in Deadpool's Secret Wars:

Ah yes, original SW was a good time. I really miss those days of simplistic, but well done, action figures. The Toybiz series was great in its own way too, even when it embraced all the, well let's call it zaniness, of the 90s comics era.

Haha, this is great. Thanks, Steve :D

They're worth collecting just for the shields.

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--
Socrates, not a toy collector.

SELLING: - - -
TRADING: - - -
WANTING: the Good / the Bad / & Plenty of the Ugly!

Now In INSTACOLOR: @boonvelvet

Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Toy Prince

^^^ Those vintage Secret Wars figures are probably hella expensive to if there in vintage condition with packaging.-

Mon May 16, 2016 12:35 am
Toy Prince

ultrakaiju wrote:
Oh well, at least there was some decent versions made for the nuSecret Wars that had them included.

That's actually the variant comic cover of Secret Wars: Battleworld #1 by John Tyler Christopher. He does blister-pack action figure cover variants for a bunch of comic series. Pretty fun:

http://imgur.com/a/7059E

Make sure to load all the images...

Jet Jaguar Want List

Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 pm
Toy Prince

Some new figures came in the mail today but I figured this was the perfect place to discuss them. So Mattel has been continuing to making new He-Man and She-Ra figures. Allot of them first appearances and maybe the only appearance some will ever have. These ones are both super cool.

The first one being Vultak. Absolutely amazing figure paint and down to every detail. Its amazing finally seeing this figure come to life! Also here is the back of the card for this one so you can see some of the other figures you might have missed out on.

And than we have Lord Masque which iv never seen before but damn this guy is beast!

Tue May 17, 2016 11:32 am
Side Dealer

I actually found a Moss Man at a dollar store a while back, I love it.

Tue May 17, 2016 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

rattanicus wrote:
I actually found a Moss Man at a dollar store a while back, I love it.

NICE! I found him at a comic book store. Paid a little more but its worth it.

Tue May 17, 2016 11:53 am
Toy Prince

One more figure id like to show you guys iv been meaning to but just never got around to it. This is the Club Grayskull Filmation figure of He-Man more true to the cartoon format of the figure rather than the more super detailed version. Sorry if the pictures came out a little odd its really hard trying to get light bouncing off the clear plastic packaging not to show.

This is the initial front of the box and it wraps around all sides and you slide it off to reveal the figures main box. The Castle Grayskull box is awesome!

So the figure inside comes with the Alcala sword as well as a stone stand for him to pose on.

And this is the back of the packaging with He-Man on the back and a Bio of Mattels toy line in general. Very sorry again was trying to get light off the box.

I do have Filmation Trap Jaw coming. It should have been in this month but due to delays im not getting it till the 10th of next month. >.> lol

Tue May 17, 2016 12:00 pm
Vintage

That is really cool man, and I love to see that they are releasing some of the unmade figures and the Filmation versions. I love the 'barbarian' 5" scale that so populated the early 80s, so those will always have a special place in my heart, but it is cool to see some more cartoon accurate versions. That is one crazy box too! Are you planning to display him as is, or free him for play at some point?

PS - post a whole collection shot if you have one :P

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu May 19, 2016 2:48 am
Toy Prince

ultrakaiju wrote:
That is really cool man, and I love to see that they are releasing some of the unmade figures and the Filmation versions. I love the 'barbarian' 5" scale that so populated the early 80s, so those will always have a special place in my heart, but it is cool to see some more cartoon accurate versions. That is one crazy box too! Are you planning to display him as is, or free him for play at some point?

PS - post a whole collection shot if you have one :P

Yeah man, He Man has always been one of those late 80s properties i grew up with when i was little and just wanted more out of them toy wise. Im keeping them in the boxes the value of these things is through the roof on some figures and it would be extremely foolish of me to take them out of the package. Besides i think the package is what makes the figure sometimes if you ask me. The art and everything that goes with the toy itself.

Im going to tell you now that would be fucking IMPOSSIBLE for me to do. There are over 250 toys that were released since the Classics line came out and i do not even have them all yet because of scarcity and the fact that some figures are UBBER expensive. Ill continue to take close up shots for you guys so you can see the figures better and try to take FULL bio shots of the older ones so you can read about there histories.

Thu May 19, 2016 4:44 am
Toy Prince

the he-man property is such a blast. That funmation he-man fig sold out like instantly...
I got that the production art book Darkhorse put out. The Earl Norem are exquisite.

Thu May 19, 2016 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
the he-man property is such a blast. That funmation he-man fig sold out like instantly...
I got that the production art book Darkhorse put out. The Earl Norem are exquisite.

Trap Jaw sold out just as fast to so i pretty much expect every Filmation version to sell out lightning fast at this point. So its good to have a sub for hot sellers like that so you don't have to worry about purchasing them on store drop day.

Yeah the book looked awesome but i have yet to get to a decent book store to nab one. Id rather buy it from a book store than spend the extra money for shipping and handling and all that jazz.

Thu May 19, 2016 9:15 am
Toy Prince

I saw this on Action Figure Inside but if you REALLY like dinosaur action figures this guys pledge has been fully funded and hes worked on a ton of Neca and Spawn figures. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... escription

Lots of birds of prey but they look really cool. Theres only about 7 days left till the pledge is over but there all 6 inch figures so they go great with any of your other toys. Plus it looks like they come with some nice display stands to especially if you want that whole diorama look.

Thu May 19, 2016 11:34 am
Toy Prince

Headhunter wrote:
I saw this on Action Figure Inside but if you REALLY like dinosaur action figures this guys pledge has been fully funded and hes worked on a ton of Neca and Spawn figures. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... escription

Lots of birds of prey but they look really cool. Theres only about 7 days left till the pledge is over but there all 6 inch figures so they go great with any of your other toys. Plus it looks like they come with some nice display stands to especially if you want that whole diorama look.

uh... these look rad as hell.

Fri May 20, 2016 7:23 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

uh... these look rad as hell.

I wasn't sure if anyone would like them but since were on the topic about American toys anything goes for the most part.

They look WAY better than those terrible Jurassic World toys that were recently released. What a WASTED opportunity to make cool solid dinosaur toys with good articulation by Hasbro to instead give the toys some goofy gimmick that just hampers the look and feel of the dinosaurs. Not to mention all the quality control issues to. They could have easily made a line that was a little more expensive like the Star Wars 6 inch black series to give Jurassic Park toy collectors a higher quality dinosaur toy.

What did you personally think about Hasbros Jurassic World Line? I really thought they could have done better.

Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next