ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Non- Vinyl American toys 
Toy Prince

Post Re: Non- Vinyl American toys
Headhunter wrote:
3wing wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I saw this on Action Figure Inside but if you REALLY like dinosaur action figures this guys pledge has been fully funded and hes worked on a ton of Neca and Spawn figures. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... escription

Lots of birds of prey but they look really cool. Theres only about 7 days left till the pledge is over but there all 6 inch figures so they go great with any of your other toys. Plus it looks like they come with some nice display stands to especially if you want that whole diorama look.

uh... these look rad as hell.

I wasn't sure if anyone would like them but since were on the topic about American toys anything goes for the most part.

They look WAY better than those terrible Jurassic World toys that were recently released. What a WASTED opportunity to make cool solid dinosaur toys with good articulation by Hasbro to instead give the toys some goofy gimmick that just hampers the look and feel of the dinosaurs. Not to mention all the quality control issues to. They could have easily made a line that was a little more expensive like the Star Wars 6 inch black series to give Jurassic Park toy collectors a higher quality dinosaur toy.

What did you personally think about Hasbros Jurassic World Line? I really thought they could have done better.

I don't really know about the Jurassic World line. I Love the JP line from the 90s! With the weird rubber skin and battle damage. That trex was the bees knees.

Fri May 20, 2016 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
I don't really know about the Jurassic World line. I Love the JP line from the 90s! With the weird rubber skin and battle damage. That trex was the bees knees.

That was one of my FAVORITE toys! XD

But all of the Jurassic Park toys previous to Jurassic World were pretty amazing. Heck i remember they came out with some weird hybrid types that were pretty phenomenal to! :D

Fri May 20, 2016 8:06 am
Toy Prince

I funded that Kickstarter. My collection needs a Raptor.

Fri May 20, 2016 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:

Nice! Which one did you pick up? There are more than just 3 types of species.

Well it looks like in 2017 you might be seeing more than ancient raptors as hinted. Extremely excited to see what dinosaurs he decides to offer next year! :D

Fri May 20, 2016 9:44 am
Toy Prince

Headhunter wrote:
3wing wrote:

Nice! Which one did you pick up? There are more than just 3 types of species.

Well it looks like in 2017 you might be seeing more than ancient raptors as hinted. Extremely excited to see what dinosaurs he decides to offer next year! :D

atrosiraptor

Fri May 20, 2016 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

^^^ Thats the one i picked to and than ill add on for these to maybe.

I haven't been excited for Dinosaur toys like this in a long long time. lol

Fri May 20, 2016 11:44 am
Toy Prince

I changed my pledge from the white one. I didn't like the neck.
I also might add another one.

Fri May 20, 2016 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Prototype

Thanks for reminding me of this. I didn't realize that the lineup had been expanded to 12 figures. Beautiful artwork too.

Fri May 20, 2016 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Holy fuck i am SUPER excited for the X-Men Juggernaut build a figure set coming out! :D

Im just debating which figures are going to be stupidly hard to try and find in stores. Will be kind of fun trying to hunt them down once they pop up in stores.

Last edited by Headhunter on Sat May 28, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 27, 2016 2:35 pm
Toy Prince

Japan brown Wolverine is my fave

Sat May 28, 2016 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
Japan brown Wolverine is my fave

Yeah hes pretty darn cool! I know Deadpool will probably sell fast considering it just had a successful movie made. Cable is a welcome to!

Sat May 28, 2016 5:00 pm
Team Tsubu

Build-a-figure set? Does that mean that one piece of a certain character comes packed with another complete toy, and you have to collect the whole series to fully "build" the final toy?

As is, it looks like Wolvie was finally able to decapitate ol' Beefy J. The cut looks clean.

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Sat May 28, 2016 6:02 pm
Toy Prince

toothaction wrote:
Build-a-figure set? Does that mean that one piece of a certain character comes packed with another complete toy, and you have to collect the whole series to fully "build" the final toy?

As is, it looks like Wolvie was finally able to decapitate ol' Beefy J. The cut looks clean.

Yeah gotta get the whole set of figures for Juggernaut but they have been doing that for awhile now with the Toybiz versions even before Hasbro got the license from them.

Ill give you an example in a little bit today. Just got the whole Red Skull Build a figure set. Because this Redskull version is super badass.

Sat May 28, 2016 6:41 pm
Toy Prince

Those Deadpool figs are hard to get hold of. Build a figures are dope. Glad to see a more X centric line. As of late it's been so much avengers shit.

Sat May 28, 2016 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
Those Deadpool figs are hard to get hold of. Build a figures are dope. Glad to see a more X centric line. As of late it's been so much avengers shit.

Well some of the Avengers stuff is pretty cool though even the newer wave that is not out yet.

Sat May 28, 2016 7:47 pm
Toy Prince

Mockingbird

Demolition Man

Cottonmouth

Task Master

Whirlwind

Captain America
He has a regular head but i prefer the wolf one.

I thought i had all the figures to show you guys the Red Skull but im missing one. Luckily i know where to get one quick when the stores open lol.

Last edited by Headhunter on Sun May 29, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 28, 2016 11:30 pm
Vintage

I am honestly really tired of everything being so Avengers-centric. I mean, I understand that Marvel/Disney is holding not stops to pumping out stuff to sell its CU, but man, Marvel is just so much more. Being a longtime X-men just makes it that much worse, with the literal phasing out of an entire spectrum of the Marvel Universe, all just to spite competitors. I mean, WTF. If that isn't the biggest slap in the face to your own readership, I don't know what is; and yet they are constantly getting a pass.

This is just to say, I am excited to finally see some X-men representation in the BAF line again, but don't want this to be the only way I can enjoy mutants. We have gotten a fair number of these toys already (and please, I love Wolverine too, but there are so many others that also need a figure). But just give me a really proper 'classic' Luke Cage to replace that horrible one from before. I imagine it is more than likely though we will only ever see a new version, similar to the Danny figure we got recently - which was nice, but their 'giant' Luke take is never going to work as a Legends toy.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat May 28, 2016 11:42 pm
Toy Prince

ultrakaiju wrote:
I am honestly really tired of everything being so Avengers-centric. I mean, I understand that Marvel/Disney is holding not stops to pumping out stuff to sell its CU, but man, Marvel is just so much more. Being a longtime X-men just makes it that much worse, with the literal phasing out of an entire spectrum of the Marvel Universe, all just to spite competitors. I mean, WTF. If that isn't the biggest slap in the face to your own readership, I don't know what is; and yet they are constantly getting a pass.

This is just to say, I am excited to finally see some X-men representation in the BAF line again, but don't want this to be the only way I can enjoy mutants. We have gotten a fair number of these toys already (and please, I love Wolverine too, but there are so many others that also need a figure). But just give me a really proper 'classic' Luke Cage to replace that horrible one from before. I imagine it is more than likely though we will only ever see a new version, similar to the Danny figure we got recently - which was nice, but their 'giant' Luke take is never going to work as a Legends toy.

I think we will see more hopefully its just a matter of "WHEN" per say. Toybiz had a truly extensive line of figures and some of those ones were far more accurate with the comic books in general than the Hasbro versions. Not to say that i don't like the Hasbro versions of figures but this is what i noticed since i do have some of the original Toybiz sculpts.

Sat May 28, 2016 11:56 pm
Toy Prince

Ok finally got the figure i needed to finish off the Red Skull set lol. I had to bike around for a bit since my local Gamestop suddenly decided not to have her in stock. XD

Sharon Carter
Overall i really like her body great mold only issue I have with her is the cheesy gun she comes with but other than that great figure.

Red Skull
This is the build a figure version for the Captain America set. Great build a figure over all and super menacing. Im not to sure on the story behind this version of him though.

And than i took a group shot of the whole set. You can see Captain America with his normal head. Great classic version of captain America from the comic books if you ask me. As well as mocking birds staff which separates into two batons as well as the alternative head that comes with the Task Master.

Last edited by Headhunter on Sun May 29, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 29, 2016 4:50 pm
Toy Prince

They need to remake a couple legends figs. The Psylocke, Luke Cage, havok, spiderwoman

I feel like the Legends female sculpts need some thickness. They all end up looking like Rob liefeild did the anatomy

Sun May 29, 2016 4:53 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
They need to remake a couple legends figs. The Psylocke, Luke Cage, havok, spiderwoman

I feel like the Legends female sculpts need some thickness. They all end up looking like Rob liefeild did the anatomy

Sharon carter came out really awesome. But yeah they probably need to go back and redo a few of the females. You know i just saw a spiderwoman in my local Walgreens while hunting for Carter on the way. She looked ok to me. I see no issue with her body.

Sun May 29, 2016 4:54 pm
Team Tsubu

New rule: All super-hero toys much be designed to look as if they came from any comic book inked before Todd McFarlane bought his first drafting board.

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Sun May 29, 2016 5:05 pm
Toy Prince

toothaction wrote:
New rule: All super-hero toys much be designed to look as if they came from any comic book inked before Todd McFarlane bought his first drafting board.

I know the last 2 pics are not that great. Im really tired after biking a few miles to where i needed to go and back lol. But thats red skull onslaught from the newer comics.

And the capwolf is a much needed piece although i wish Hasbro had given him alternative wolf claws to go with it. Since that version of him was from the 90s people probably wont remember it as much. Im pretty sure all these versions are from newer concept designs of the villains and heroes except for Captain America which is in classic form.

Sun May 29, 2016 5:14 pm
Toy Prince

Capwolf is my favorite Mark Gruenwald work. That figure needs some torn up costume and claws.

Sun May 29, 2016 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
Capwolf is my favorite Mark Gruenwald work. That figure needs some torn up costume and claws.

At LEAST some claws would have been appropriate. Idk why the hell they didn't do it? They literally gave Edge Of The Spiderverse Spider Man a bunch of poseable extra hands PLUS claw hands to go with his alternative symbiote head.

And im uploading some new pics soon as well as some old Marvel Legends Toy Biz stuff while I have the figures out.

Sun May 29, 2016 8:30 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next