ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Re: Non- Vinyl American toys

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:28 pm

AgentRavage wrote:http://smalljoes.com/cat/G.I.-GI-JOE-repair-replacement-parts-57.shtml
Great source for the proper sized O rings. I swear I used to have a link for a site that made recasts of the metal T bars with the hooks... but that may have been like 3 computers ago.

Thank god. I let my kids have all my Joes and an hour later, there were legs everywhere...

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 pm

I went to Wondercon and bought 2 things, this giant bootleg He-Man and a Magilla Gorilla hand puppet.

This guy is about the same size as an Ollie, and a head taller than a Pollen Kaiser. I'm going to have some epic battles once he figures out how to hold his sword correctly.

I'm tempted to find someone who can remold this guy in rotocast resin.

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 am

That guy is pretty epic David, and I would have the exact same reaction as you. Big vinyl dudes just make me want to battle them even more!

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:23 am

my friend picked up this giant bootleg robocop.. he is so rad he could battle giant bootleg he man
not my pic but you get the idea

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 am

I am just guessing that these are from Mexico? This stuff has me more excited that most else I have heard about the show.

More WonderCon bootleg gems please!! :D

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 am

yes the robocop was made in mexico .. I want to find a factory there to make cheap toys

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Nice!
I rarely find weird bootlegs at cons. Is that sort of thing more common at WonderCon, or was that just a lucky score?

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:47 am

funny, I picked up the same giant he-man bootleg at wondercon. The seller said got a handful of them from some dealer in south america. i assume he had several under the table and put one out on display at a time..

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 am

joshuajh wrote:funny, I picked up the same giant he-man bootleg at wondercon. The seller said got a handful of them from some dealer in south america. i assume he had several under the table and put one out on display at a time..

Yeah, he told me the same story. My friend asked if it was used to smuggle drugs into the US. His wife said he had a few more at home and she wanted him to get rid of them all because of their creepy staring eyes. Now we both need to find the matching Skeletor.

Ribbon controller, your friend got an amazing find with that Robocop, I'm a bit envious of it.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:12 pm

^^
I could have sworn josh had the bootleg skeletor. The gynormous one in the back of this ad.
Awesome scores by the way.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Ugh anytime s7 did any thing skeletor related the color scheme was always messed up.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:29 pm

bryce_r wrote:^^
I could have sworn josh had the bootleg skeletor.

Even better, now I know where to find 1 :twisted:

I reality tough it means 1 less person to compete with for finding 1.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm

I will be buried with my bootleg skeletors.

animator wrote:
bryce_r wrote:^^
I could have sworn josh had the bootleg skeletor.

Even better, now I know where to find 1 :twisted:

I reality tough it means 1 less person to compete with for finding 1.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 pm

for the many who don't follow my flickr posts (which are not as frequent as they used to be), wanted to keep this thread alive with this:
if anyone has any different galaxy warrior charcters in this fashion, hit me up with a pm or e-mail! VERY interested...

Fri May 03, 2013 12:23 pm

found this awesome grail around town a little while back...
would have been even more awesome to get Felina the villain, but heros are cool too!

Untitled by KaijuPhotobooth, on Flickr

Fri May 03, 2013 1:38 pm

What I want to know, is why Butterfly Woman bothers lugging that shield around if she's invincible...

Fri May 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Cubensis wrote:What I want to know, is why Butterfly Woman bothers lugging that shield around if she's invincible...

Fashion statement. I mean, look at those pants, girl sure knows whats in fashion. u__u

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:27 pm

SDCC2013

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:28 pm

^ I love how it looks like a shitty bootleg, even the packaging. Hopefully it looks like that in person.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Stoked for this guy loved the game when I was little!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:02 pm

silver_lining_man wrote:for the many who don't follow my flickr posts (which are not as frequent as they used to be), wanted to keep this thread alive with this:
if anyone has any different galaxy warrior charcters in this fashion, hit me up with a pm or e-mail! VERY interested...

thats your flickr?!!! i've been drooling over your collections!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:53 am

The first toys i ever remember getting. Must have been around 3 or 4 i think.

Just bought 'em this weekend. Starting to value spending the extra dough to pick up some packaged nostalgia.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 pm

haven't posted in a bit so i'm dumping here instead of the toys that stuff i got in the mail that isn't vinyl...Image
recent madballs i added to my collection...

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:46 pm

^ what kind of craziness is that last thing?

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:44 am

^^ I could of grabbed a pair of those green monster-face glasses at a recent boot-sale.

Regretting not doing that now :x
Post a reply