ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Non- Vinyl American toys 
Addicted

Post Re: Non- Vinyl American toys
^ I watched that cycle through more times than I am willing to admit.

RGB

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:08 am
S7 Royalty

Bitterpill wrote:
^ If I recall correctly, there were both black & white versions. Uamou's new Bastard figure reminds me of them.

This roadkill in front of our house gave me motivation to dig up my Isz :twisted:
Think I got it straight from Kieth at a signing in the mid 90'.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:58 pm
Addicted

HA ! Good one, S ! Last week I unearthed a box of toys from my garage which I was sure was going to contain the outback head dress and my Isz....but no luck :cry:

Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:32 pm
Mini Boss

some recent favorites. here's some of those N-VATs you were asking about UltraKaiju...

Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:49 pm
Side Dealer

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

Oh thats fantastic SLM! Thanks for sharing those pics so quickly. Dang, those Dragonriders are superb, and the Demon Flyer! So impressive. But that Manglor set really has me geeking out. I am afraid if I ever came over to your place for a visit, I might never leave! :D (seriously, any money in the budget to hire a toy watchman? I provide my own flashlight and sleeping bag)

flickr part [2] part [3]

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:25 pm
Side Dealer

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Super Deformed

An expensive little vintage bauble . . . but i'm worth it :wink:
1986 My Pet Monster Clip-on.

I love mankind, it's people I can't stand - Charles M. Schulz

blingaling wrote:
I'm still in the "everything is shiny and I want it all" phase

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:38 am
Side Dealer

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Freshly Smacked Ass

^ Skips!!!

Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Really love this White TigerZord! Half-price at toys r us, and I'm glad I picked it up. A beautiful toy that brings the joy of playing with robots back for me.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

rattanicus wrote:
Really love this White TigerZord! Half-price at toys r us, and I'm glad I picked it up. A beautiful toy that brings the joy of playing with robots back for me.

This new one is killer. I have the vintage one.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
rattanicus wrote:

This new one is killer. I have the vintage one.

This is not really an American toy. Considering Bandai is mainly Japanese but i dig it. XD

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:09 pm
Side Dealer

Agreed~ but if I can buy it off a toys r us shelf, it's "American" to me ;)

Last edited by rattanicus on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Imaginext Samurai, beefed up~

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

^^^ Wow Rattanicus, those Samurai are really freaking sweet haha! I actually bought a few of those Articulated Icons Feudal figures. Ill post them this year once the shipment finally come in.

I have some toys as well to post now that i know there is another action figure thread. Ill post them in a little bit here.

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:20 pm
Vintage

Excellent one, Rei. I was never as into the Sentai shows as the standard 'hero' tokusatsu, but that does not mean all that I don't still like them (just that I am more obsessed with the others). :P A fantastic toy, giant robots FTW!

I think it is generally agree that this thread is more for non-'sofubi' related stuff, though, granted, that covers quite a wide range of items; and while this might have also applied in a another category or two maybe, it's a good place here as well. While the show might be Japanese in origin, very little - if any - of these production toys are coming from Japan, and in addition, as pointed out, can be found at standard toy outlets. So I don't think it really fits within the niche category of the usually stuff posted here - though a lot of people appreciate them just the same. So for those reasons I give it a pass, and a thumbs up.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:32 pm
Toy Prince

I've always considered Sentai as the beautiful Superflat cultural conversation between the US and Japan. Power Rangers is an interesting World conversation.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
I've always considered Sentai as the beautiful Superflat cultural conversation between the US and Japan. Power Rangers is an interesting World conversation.

I hated that fucking show so bad. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over the top cheesy with the dubed English acting and it has nothing to do with it being Japanese it was just so bad! XD

The robots were top notch though and i do like them hence my conflicting interest with the show.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:28 am
Toy Prince

So it looks like Dreamworks and Playmate toys has infact acquired the rights to the Voltron franchise. I have mixed feelings about this. First i want the show to be almost as good as the cartoon and not shitty like that half baked CGI version was a couple years back. Second i love the idea of Playmates working with the toy so more Americans can experience the nostalgia from the 80s however what i don't want to see is a bunch of half assed semi ok painted figures. Far to often iv had to scour the toy aisles for decent paint on the figures they have made because unfortunately to many factory screw ups make it on the toy shelves more often than not.

"HONG KONG — Let’s Voltron! Playmates Toys and DreamWorks Animation today announced plans for a new toy line based on the new DreamWorks Animation series Voltron: Legendary Defender, a re-imagining of the classic property featuring five teenage pilots and mystical robot lions, set to debut as a Netflix Original Series in 2016. Playmates Toys will serve as the master toy licensee and will create an expansive line of toys set to launch in spring 2017.

“We are excited to work with DreamWorks Animation on the resurgence of such a beloved brand, and are looking forward to providing nostalgic fans and new audiences with a heroic space adventure toy line,” said Thomas Chan, CEO of Playmates Toys. “We are dedicated to developing an innovative line of toys that will bring the series to life, allowing fans to be immersed in the epic adventures of Voltron, as the team liberates the universe.”

“Voltron is an incredible property, rich with mythology and lore, and we couldn’t be more excited to collaborate with Playmates Toys to bring this legendary defender to life off the screen,” said Tim Erickson, Global Head of Licensing, DreamWorks Animation. “Voltron: Legendary Defender is an action-packed series that will have kids lining up to see what Playmates has in store.”

Voltron: Legendary Defender follows five unsuspecting teenagers as they are transported from Earth into the middle of a sprawling intergalactic war and become pilots for five mystical robotic lions in a battle to protect the universe from evil. Only through the true power of teamwork can they unite their lions to form the mighty warrior known as Voltron. Voltron: Legendary Defender premieres on Netflix in 2016."

Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:41 pm
Toy Prince

Wouldn't it be great to get some die cast bits in the Playmates run?

Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

3wing wrote:
Wouldn't it be great to get some die cast bits in the Playmates run?

Im thinking they might do something like this for a limited time. Im going to be keeping an eye out for sure.

And it looks like they are going with a cell shaded CGI look to Voltron which is good. Definitely looks WAY better than the all CGI version a few years back. Can't wait to see how big the toy will be.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:25 pm
Toy Prince

speasking of voltron. This nerd built a functioning voltron out of legos.
http://gizmodo.com/lego-would-break-the ... socialflow

It's a beut

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

Yeah, cautiously hopeful about the new Voltron as well. I figure since they've had so many false starts over the years, maybe they've finally gotten it into their heads that they should try and cater to the adult/nostalgia market with *actually* decent writing and production value.

And, yeah, diecast toys, please! (Or an official licensed version of that Lego set!)

blog

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next