ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 132  Next
 MVH Ollie, Enma & Berserker 
Comment King

Post Re: MVH Ollie, Enma & Berserker
Number them all! And keep records!

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:05 pm
Line of Credit

mutantshark wrote:
Number them all! And keep records!

I back this. Names alligned with numbered figures. I'd absolutely hate to see something as personal as a Skullbrain only release get flipped.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 pm
Fresh Meat

Missed this one so fingers crossed everyone plays by the rules so I can get in on round 2. Congrats to the ones that did get in. :D

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:29 am
Die-Cast

I'm just gonna go with the honor system, and let the collectors police the flippers. I rather focus on painting and sculpting than numbering and tracking. I don't want to assume and treat everyone like flippers.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

detroit_denver wrote:
Missed this one so fingers crossed everyone plays by the rules so I can get in on round 2. Congrats to the ones that did get in. :D

Shouldn't we have a certain amount of posts to be able to take part in something as awesome as this?
Or else everyone will start joining SB just to get Richs stuff.

Instagram : Shiddy_Rich

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:34 am
Fresh Meat

No worries Rich, I missed out your deadline, wasnt expecting you to extend the list. Grats as always to those who got into the list, please do share what it looks like! Hopefully there will be another chance :)

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Dj Will Ross wrote:
detroit_denver wrote:

Shouldn't we have a certain amount of posts to be able to take part in something as awesome as this?

Apologize I don't meet your posting standards Grand Master of the Internet but I've been a member for over a year & had interactions with quite a few cool boardies through buying & selling. Thanks for doing your diligent research & trolling however.

:D :D :lol:

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:25 am
Toy Prince

Rich wrote:
I'm just gonna go with the honor system, and let the collectors police the flippers. I rather focus on painting and sculpting than numbering and tracking. I don't want to assume and treat everyone like flippers.

I'm very new to this vinyl sofubi scene, but it has a lot of similarities to the poster scene (Mondo being probably the biggest), which I've been in for years. Flipping is totally impossible to police. Flipping is also pretty arbitrary in its definition. If you tracked everyone and you saw the first one went up for sale at 2x cost a year from now, would you be upset? What if it was to fund new sofubi purchases from newer artists where these sales could give them a leg up in their new hobby? Or to support your next release that he likes more?

I mean, if you sell the toy the minute it arrives, you're a tried and true asshole unless it is to support an emergency or something. And even then, you're kind of taking strangers on the Internet for their word.

And in my case? I'm trying to buy older pieces that I love before I was around, specifically a MVH Berserker Black Magic Witch Hunter. If I'm willing to pay 2x original cost, am I part of the problem, even though I'm buying it because I love it and know that if I won't pay more than cost I'll never have it?

Sorry for the rant, but "flipping" isn't a black and white issue, it's gray.

Velocitron/Skinner Cthulhu
Karz Works Satan
MVH Dokuro DX
MVH Six-Eyed Ghoul
MVH Leviathan

Want List
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=50294

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:59 am
Die-Cast

detroit_denver wrote:
Dj Will Ross wrote:
detroit_denver wrote:

Apologize I don't meet your posting standards Grand Master of the Internet but I've been a member for over a year & had interactions with quite a few cool boardies through buying & selling. Thanks for doing your diligent research & trolling however.

:D :D :lol:

He's not trolling so let's not derail this thread :wink:

I also doubt anyone is gonna be flocking to SB just to have a chance at buying a release with no set date. And just like above I also don't want to start with background checks and who worthy to collect BS.

I just want to make toys jeezzzzz :lol:

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Have people been invoiced yet?

I haven't heard back yet.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:01 am
Die-Cast

gazpacho wrote:

Sunday

Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

super excited for this release. Hopefully all goes without a hitch, so those who missed out can get a second chance to take part.

Instagram : Shiddy_Rich

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:54 am
Fresh Meat

Dj Will Ross wrote:
super excited for this release. Hopefully all goes without a hitch, so those who missed out can get a second chance to take part.

I hope so too. :D (commenting so I have an acceptable amount next time there's a drop.) :wink:

But seriously.... Great collection, just gave you a follow on IG.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:06 am
Addicted

detroit_denver wrote:
Dj Will Ross wrote:
detroit_denver wrote:

DJ Will wasn't trolling you. He made a valid point and your 2nd post (in the year plus you've been a member here) just proved it. It doesn't take "diligent research" to see who joins SB simply to take advantage of the (often generous) sales here.
While post numbers don't necessarily signify anything, it's obvious who actively participates here and who doesn't...

You may be a member by status, but what have you brought to the table? I wholeheartedly agree that boardies who only lurk don't really deserve to be included in events/exclusives for SB members. This doesn't mean post inane crap in to bump up your count either... Join discussions, post pics, etc. and you won't be "trolled" in the future :idea:

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:29 am
Fresh Meat

smurph wrote:
detroit_denver wrote:
Dj Will Ross wrote:
detroit_denver wrote:

DJ Will wasn't trolling you. He made a valid point and your 2nd post (in the year plus you've been a member here) just proved it. It doesn't take "diligent research" to see who joins SB simply to take advantage of the (often generous) sales here.
While post numbers don't necessarily signify anything, it's obvious who actively participates here and who doesn't...

You may be a member by status, but what have you brought to the table? I wholeheartedly agree that boardies who only lurk don't really deserve to be included in events/exclusives for SB members. This doesn't mean post inane crap in to bump up your count either... Join discussions, post pics, etc. and you won't be "trolled" in the future :idea:

:D ^^^ Refer to original post ^^^ :D

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:57 am
Fresh Meat

this is rad!

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:33 pm
Toy Prince

All I have to say is, if you have been here for a year and never posted, it is as though you never signed up in the first place.

Can't wait to see what this SB release looks like! The colors sound amazing!

p.s. I had a dream about the SB member release last night and it looked glorious! I hope it looks like my dream did!

Thanks again Rich!

Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:36 pm
Addicted

kid_miracleman wrote:
Rich wrote:

I'm very new to this vinyl sofubi scene, but it has a lot of similarities to the poster scene (Mondo being probably the biggest), which I've been in for years. Flipping is totally impossible to police. Flipping is also pretty arbitrary in its definition. If you tracked everyone and you saw the first one went up for sale at 2x cost a year from now, would you be upset? What if it was to fund new sofubi purchases from newer artists where these sales could give them a leg up in their new hobby? Or to support your next release that he likes more?

I mean, if you sell the toy the minute it arrives, you're a tried and true asshole unless it is to support an emergency or something. And even then, you're kind of taking strangers on the Internet for their word.

And in my case? I'm trying to buy older pieces that I love before I was around, specifically a MVH Berserker Black Magic Witch Hunter. If I'm willing to pay 2x original cost, am I part of the problem, even though I'm buying it because I love it and know that if I won't pay more than cost I'll never have it?

Sorry for the rant, but "flipping" isn't a black and white issue, it's gray.

Sorry for the derail but....
Flipping is a black and white issue, no gray area. The only exception really doesn't fall into the flipping category, which is vintage toys that have increased over time. MVH is not yet vintage so flipping is flipping is flipping. Regardless of emergency :roll:, two years from release :roll: , or whatever bs excuse is made :roll: . And no one cares what the profit is used for. If you disagree, you flip, or you support flippers by paying 2x then SB is not the place for you.
Also...please don't argue with this post, simply use the search function and you will find your answers.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:58 am
Toy Prince

I guess I missed the cut this time.....hopefully they'll be another that I'm around for next time.

I'll look forward to seeing pics when they start landing, how about another SB all stars release Rich?

Last edited by apeboy on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:23 pm
Toy Prince

:oops:

Comment removed to let the fire burn out!

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:29 pm
Comment King

For the people who missed the PM window, what is the release going to be? Or is it a secrety secret until it's officially released? :wink:

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

Rich wrote:
gazpacho wrote:

Sunday

Have all the invoices gone out yet?

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:29 pm
Mr. Freshly Smacked Ass

chimply.kaiju wrote:
Rich wrote:
gazpacho wrote:

Sunday

I haven't gotten 1 yet.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

animator wrote:
chimply.kaiju wrote:
Rich wrote:
gazpacho wrote:

Sunday

I haven't gotten 1 yet.

Whew. Good to know. I'm starting to have a panic attack if I missed out. :lol:

hellointerloper wrote:
For the people who missed the PM window, what is the release going to be? Or is it a secrety secret until it's officially released? :wink:

DX and Ollie. Choices of getting 1 or both.

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:47 pm
Toy Prince

paid mine already last sunday.

Quote:
I was thinking of doing a clear orange vinyl with orange or gold or silver flake, what ever works best. The spray will be black with metallic orange. Maybe some detail colors. Basically an homage to Super7 colors. Ill make some unique stickers and pins plus header and full package for this as well. So nothing will be spared.
:twisted:

Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:57 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 132  Next