ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Re: SPLURRT

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Thank you all very much! Uncle Steve has so much personality. He somehow manages to be both a cute and terrifying mascot of the dead. A wind up version would be super, super rad. Especially the spark coming from the missing eye, as suggested! I also agree an ascot and pipe would make him quite sophisticated. :-D

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:37 pm

He smokes souls :shock:

Also agree on uncle sparky.

Nice shots as always, Robert. You've really got a great understanding of a toy's character, and thru your images, you present the personality layer of your focus with ease.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:29 am

Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:17 am

Uncle Steve chilling at the piano bar.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:26 am

Aaaah CW's "The Continental" with his shalm-pan-ya never disappoints.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:58 am

I got to see Uncle Steve at MPH recently and he's great. Full of character and charisma. Would deff love to add one to my collection, with an Adams family butlers vibe.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Really looking forward to the marbled mixed Cadaver Kids and other marbled toys he will be coming up with this year.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Splurrt: Time flies when you're inhaling paint fumes, it's hard to believe the Cadaver Kid turns 5 this year. Lots of exciting CK projects are coming this year. A classic painted run in the next few weeks to start things off. Then I'm excited to announce @grodyshogun and I are partnering up for vinyl alchemy. Luke has been instrumental in advancing marbling and vinyl pouring techniques. He is doing stuff that just didn't exist 5 years ago when CK was born. It's going to be a new era for one of the most beloved Indy toy characters. Stay tuned for more news and surprises as plans progress!

These are some awesome news!!! it is been awhile since last release.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Everyone needs a good ol' cup of Joe in the mornin'.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:53 pm

AWESOME photo Robert....!!! that is some pretty extreme caffeine....!!!

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Thank you! The aroma during "the shoot" was heavily enjoyable! :-D

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 am

Coffee-scented vinyl!! I'd buy that.

Great pic, although this is how a zombie infection would spread in some bad Syfy movie. Zombie in the beans, make the coffee, spread the virus.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:38 am

Did you guys see the pink sofubi Cadaver Twins popping up soon on the instagram? They actually look really good in solid pink.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:05 am

Headhunter wrote:Did you guys see the pink sofubi Cadaver Twins popping up soon on the instagram? They actually look really good in solid pink.

I think this is what your referring to... Absolutely stunning on pink. Both versions. Blind bag from Angel Abby.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:41 pm

HardDragon wrote: I think this is what your referring to... Absolutely stunning on pink. Both versions. Blind bag from Angel Abby.

That would be them! :D

Is there a normal set time for Angel Abby drops? Because i always seem to miss them when anything good pops up.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Headhunter wrote:
HardDragon wrote: I think this is what your referring to... Absolutely stunning on pink. Both versions. Blind bag from Angel Abby.

Is there a normal set time for Angel Abby drops? Because i always seem to miss them when anything good pops up.

You should sign up for their mailing list, they normally send emails when new items are available, and sometimes even offer them first to the mailing list.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:14 pm

JoeMan wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

You should sign up for their mailing list, they normally send emails when new items are available, and sometimes even offer them first to the mailing list.

I really appreciate the help with that. :)

Your work is always awesome to to look at whether its a blank piece of a fully painted one.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:29 am

First marble pull by Luke I guess, it couldn't be any better.
Have to post this shot here for future reference.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:08 pm

These are insane

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:14 pm

Yes, a little test from Luke.

When it comes to making Japanese toys things are never simple. Lots of obstacles and expenses to make this happen.

CK will be the first to get the marbling treatment, the Diggler and Usir will follow later pending the CKs success 8) So buy em' up.

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Those marble pulls are just fantastic. Can't wait for more colors and crazy marbles. Will there be versions with painted eyes and teeth like the black/green marbles before?

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:13 pm

These are fantastic ! Very happy that CK will be celebrating his 5th anniversary . I've missed the little guy ...
hoping for a year full of CK releases ... enough for everyone to score !

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:55 pm

Extra slimy! 8)

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:43 pm

I notice some double pour action. Double pour two color (or is three?) marbel?

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:35 am

They look lovely !
Post a reply