ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3030 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next
 MVH Doji San and DX Slugde Demons 
Toy Prince

Post Re: MVH Doji San and DX Slugde Demons
Mutant Vinyl Heartache

Sat May 28, 2016 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Why delete? You had balls to original type what you said. Why not back it to the fullest as you did when you hit submit? People will cry regardless of how rich drops shit. First to comment on IG, lotteries, store drops, people even bitched at dcon when he came. There's no making everyone happy. But really at noeleaser because he works for KR? That's just a ridiculous accusation. If you have a hobby with limited shit where the demand out ways the supply, be prepared to be disappointed at times. Happens all the time to me in this hobby as well as shoes etc... You know how you mentioned KR? I suppose going to that side of collecting is always an option.

Sat May 28, 2016 5:39 pm
Toy Prince

tbh i have no hope whenever rich releases things, lotteries, instagram, shop drops, no luck whatsoever. I did however get lucky with a bernie yesterday. I'm not sure if quentor kept repeatedly trying for a kraken, but as soon as I saw kraken was being held in other peoples carts I went back and was able to add bernie.

I will say that the method rich used last night was the best way to actually give us humans, and not bots, a chance to score. I'm hoping he continues with that for future releases in the shop.

but damn if it isn't disappointing to be a fan of mvh these days, with how hard it is to obtain one of his toys. (I'm still holding out for a open preorder of sam one day)

Sat May 28, 2016 6:00 pm
Toy Prince

jvles wrote:
but damn if it isn't disappointing to be a fan of mvh these days, with how hard it is to obtain one of his toys. (I'm still holding out for a open preorder one day)

Well sometimes you can get lucky with other artist paint renditions of MVH's work. Got my first DX Bones a few months back from Joe. Just gotta be patient and keep trying.

Sat May 28, 2016 6:06 pm
Toy Prince

Ecko. I deleted something useless toys and I said. He deleted his comments too if you must know, we worked it out over pm. Noleaser is a kidrobot mod. Am I wrong? I stand by the comment I left. Sooo we aren't even allowed to show kidrobot toys around here but their mod can come over here and score mvh, and post about it. Help me understand.

Wants:
-MVH Blobpus 6 eyed Demon.
-Boss Carrion. Not picky on color...
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Sat May 28, 2016 6:32 pm
Toy Prince

jvles wrote:
tbh i have no hope whenever rich releases things, lotteries, instagram, shop drops, no luck whatsoever. I did however get lucky with a bernie yesterday. I'm not sure if quentor kept repeatedly trying for a kraken, but as soon as I saw kraken was being held in other peoples carts I went back and was able to add bernie.

I will say that the method rich used last night was the best way to actually give us humans, and not bots, a chance to score. I'm hoping he continues with that for future releases in the shop.

but damn if it isn't disappointing to be a fan of mvh these days, with how hard it is to obtain one of his toys. (I'm still holding out for a open preorder of sam one day)

Exactly! It's nothing against Rich at all. I'll go to a show to get a puece i guess, but yeah, I did wait all night refreshing and my kid sat there looking really sad at me, while I'm Pissed and not interacting with him because of a toy? Nah, not doing it.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Last edited by quentor on Sat May 28, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 28, 2016 6:56 pm
Fresh Meat

quentor wrote:
Ecko. I deleted something useless toys and I said. He deleted his comments too if you must know, we worked it out over pm. Noleaser is a kidrobot mod. Am I wrong? I stand by the comment I left. Sooo we aren't even allowed to show kidrobot toys around here but their mod can come over here and score mvh, and post about it. Help me understand.

First of all, I haven't worked for KR since 2014. So yes, you are completely wrong..

Second of all, why would my prior occupation dictate which toys I can and cannot buy? I've been in this scene since 2002, well before I worked for KR. I'm sorry if you've got some kind of problem with that. Help me understand..

Sat May 28, 2016 7:02 pm
Side Dealer

In collecting, none of us are entitled to anything, despite whatever luck we draw.

I haven't won a lot of things from a lot of artists. Perhaps I'll lament from time to time about how much it hurts to miss out on something, but dragging the artist's name through the mud publicly; that's pretty bad form, because you know what? It's not their fault. It's the most we can ask that the work is even made available to us in the first place. And at a fair price! And at a set time and place! How much more of a level playing field can we be given, when there are hundreds of people vying for the same thing?

Sat May 28, 2016 7:38 pm
Comment King

It seemed to me like things were available for a good 2 or 3 minutes after the shop opened, at least according to the availability bar on the listings. Apparently after reading people's comments here that bar is not accurate? How does that work?

I didn't get to the point of actually adding anything to the cart to check if this was the case because although I love Rich's toys, I don't like black and white vinyl.

Top 5 Toys - http://top5toys.blogspot.com
SVM - http://softvinylmayhem.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------
Wants - http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49396

Sat May 28, 2016 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

You know what, let's just stop. I didn't know that noleaser, because I don't go over there, but I knew you used to be the mod over there. I don't want to keep spewing negativity. I was wrong about you, Im sorry. Ecko too.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Sat May 28, 2016 7:57 pm
Comment King

badteethcomics wrote:
It seemed to me like things were available for a good 2 or 3 minutes after the shop opened, at least according to the availability bar on the listings. Apparently after reading people's comments here that bar is not accurate? How does that work?

I didn't get to the point of actually adding anything to the cart to check if this was the case because although I love Rich's toys, I don't like black and white vinyl.

Availability bar reflects completed sales i believe. So theoretically all items could be sitting in cart limbo and the bar would still show theyre available. The krakens were all in carts withing at least 2mins, im sure it was more like 30secs tho. I tried back 10-12mins later cuz it was still not "sold out" but alas they wwre still unavailble and sitting in carts

Sat May 28, 2016 8:00 pm
Toy Prince

badteethcomics wrote:

Yeah as soon as they went up the Krakens and some of the other toys were already being held in ppls carts. I normally aim for the sludge's because it seems like the bigger items are always the prime target with ppl.

Ether way it was a very successful run for Rich as most of his online stuff is.

Sat May 28, 2016 8:03 pm
Addicted

I recall getting butt hurt about a lotto release a while back ( Hulk Ollie perhaps..?)
Then I remembered some sage advice from two of America's greatest poets...

Sat May 28, 2016 8:03 pm
Toy Prince

Lol yes. Yeah make no doubt about it I'm stoked for Rich. There is a reason he is sought after. He is a great guy and deserves all the attention he gets.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Sat May 28, 2016 8:12 pm
Die-Cast

I don't post much anymore here because everything I say will get nit picked like its some conspiracy theory.

Thanks to all who tried with last nights drop. I think the method I did was by far the best. No link, no info and closing down the site until the drop. It's the only way that gave the most fair shot.

Sorry to those that didn't socre, there is literally nothing I more I can do besides giving you the toy direct lol.

And quentor, your words really disappoint me and not to make it public but you know why.

On to the next drop so I can disappoint and ruin people's lives.

Sat May 28, 2016 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

I do know why Rich, congrats on the release. Check your PM.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Sat May 28, 2016 8:42 pm
Side Dealer

quentor wrote:

I was a KR mod before as well. Guarentee you that gives me no clout whatsoever for MVH, let alone KR drops lol.

Anyways, drops were dope. Like the surprise releases. He black set with he painted teeth or the orange chain... Nice. Almost a "halfways to Halloween" drop. My local triple A baseball team just had a halfways to Halloween promo game.

Sat May 28, 2016 9:09 pm
Mr. Freshly Smacked Ass

Can the next header say "MVH, ruining lives since 2009!"

Sat May 28, 2016 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Can MVH stand for Many Violated Humans? Or Most Vehemently Hoarded?

Sun May 29, 2016 2:07 am
Toy Prince

Well, this pretty much ended my relationship with Rich, but I stand by my comments. Believe it or not I never criticize Rich or drag his name through the mud anywhere in this thread. You guys, Rich included decided to take it that way.

I'm simply saying it's too hard, and I'm out. I don't care if it's a girlfriend, a job, anything in life. If I'm not happy, and not getting results, what is the point? I don't fight losing battles, I'm not doing it anymore. If you want to turn that into a reflection about how Rich does releases go ahead but I never went there.

I did imply that people who are flippers and bots are hijacking these releases and alienating the true fan base. It's not Rich I can't handle, it's his "fans".

-Rich you remember how I told you I was getting better at loving myself? I am, and I'm not letting anything get in my way of loving myself. Trying to collect MVH is/was making into something I didn't like. Would you rather me lie to you and kiss your ass like the rest of these people or be honest? You don't know how it feels to be on the other end of this man, you just don't know. It sucks. If you internalize that frustration as a criticism on you, or how you do things, I don't know what to say it's not about that at all. Lastly, I'll just say it publicly, yes you gave me a gift a while back, a flying freak blank. Does that mean I owe you not to be upset or speak out when I have bad experiences? If it's a gift it's no strings attached correct? Just checking. I don't care if you're "disappointed in me" you're not my Dad. Thanks for the gift. I still feel how I feel. I'll miss your friendship. I won't miss these drops. At all. Peace.....out. (drops mic)

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Last edited by quentor on Sun May 29, 2016 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun May 29, 2016 3:54 am
Post Pimp

quentor wrote:
You don't know how it feels to be on the other end of this man, you just don't know. It sucks.

He's a collector too, you know...or did you forget that he's a person like the rest of us and not some big corporation out to get you? Look back at his posts about not getting onto the Anraku list

Stop crying about it, it's really not that hard to get these toys, especially this latest release. I was able to add three different toys to my cart by hand and you can't add a single one? Maybe it's your internet that's the problem?

John - STFU and go play with your Bearbricks!

Sun May 29, 2016 4:08 am
Comment King

All this drama over toys... Man... :(
Can we just take a step back for a second and remember that these are pieces of plastic? They can be beautiful, thoughtful, and artfully made, but they're toys. They won't talk to you, they won't ask you how your day went, they won't meet up with you for coffee.
I have missed so many amazing toys just due to not having money. I don't even have a chance to enter...
And Rich is just one man, doing all this work himself minus the actual pulling of the sofubi from molds. A man with a wife and kid, trying to sculpt, paint, and release toys when he can.
Take that step back and remember there are humans behind these entire operations and it's not easy.

Sun May 29, 2016 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

^I refreshed and saw all of them there as the clock turned. I tried to add within seconds and got the "already in others carts" for every item. I tried all night, again. So I don't know what is going on. It happens this way every time. I have zero seconds. If it is my internet why does it show them available right when I refresh? I don't know Russ...maybe you're right.

Doesn't matter anymore. That's for sure...

@ interloper, you do realize that is my point exactly. I have a life with people who do talk to me and ask me how my day went, who meet me for coffee. That is why I'm not spending my time chasing these toys and getting this upset anymore. I feel great.

Wants:
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Sun May 29, 2016 4:17 am
Side Dealer

Ah, I see. Because I have a differing, positive and rational opinion, I'm a kiss ass? So many of the rants on here share a brief glimpse of sanity in the form of an "apology", only to end up in the person doubling down and burning it all to the ground. Shame. There needs to be some kind of ranting etiquette thread in the FAQ. Start it with: when it's looking pretty bad, just. do. nothing. Stop. Walk away. Take a week off from this and then come back and see if you're still really as mad as you thought you were. You know, how a grown up would react.

Oh and by the way, it's very possible to have both a life and a few extra minutes to spend trying to get something for the collection. If a drop interferes with my life, you know what I say? Pass. I'll try for the next one.

hellointerloper wrote:
They won't talk to you

If your toys don't talk to you, well, I don't know what you're doing wrong but boy are you missing out!

Sun May 29, 2016 4:25 am
Comment King

bbb wrote:
hellointerloper wrote:
They won't talk to you

If your toys don't talk to you, well, I don't know what you're doing wrong but boy are you missing out!

Are you trying to make me do drugs? Because you're making me want to do drugs. :lol:

Sun May 29, 2016 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3030 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122  Next