ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Re: MOCKSHOCK

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:18 pm

bryce_r wrote:What's projectguano?

Well guano is bat poop so...... *Shrugs* XD

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Pretty sure its going to be a blind micro run release painted by a bunch of diff artists a la richs sb all stars dx release

Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:36 pm

Check IG - ecko started a custom series/project with 7 other artist, painting mini Mockbats.

Artist:
Eckotyper
Nebulous5
Hellopike
Michaeldev789
Gatchabert
Topher
Mr_Dlux

DavidJCoffman is making the header art.

Each artist will be painting 6 each. No date on release yet (:

Wed May 11, 2016 2:56 am

I realised on IG that some of the last mixed parts minibats were absolutely identical - anybody else saw (or even got) doubles? Just wondering if that happend by chance or if there were just different batches of identical bats produced. :?

Wed May 11, 2016 4:40 am

Yeah there are definitely a bunch of identical mixes...makes it hard to identify the flippers on eBay :x

Wed May 11, 2016 10:45 am

With identical parts, does that mean there may be some colors which could not be 100% completed for the full sculpt? I guess that depends on the mold breakdown but could that mean only gold glitter tongues and right legs, for example?

Wed May 11, 2016 2:54 pm

My guess is the there are complete bats in every color, but the mixes were made consistent to ensure each bat was fully, or mostly, mixed. With so many bats being produced it makes sense to do them this way.

Thu May 12, 2016 12:47 am

Thu May 12, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks Paul & Unbox !

Thu May 12, 2016 11:01 am

Damn! U got 5?!

carlisle60 wrote:Thanks Paul & Unbox !

Thu May 12, 2016 12:35 pm

^ Yeah.. UNBOX's Instagram posts gave the impression there were plenty available , so I tried for 5 & was able to checkout. Think some other people were able to get more than one as well , I guess it depended where you were in the checkout process ?

Thu May 12, 2016 1:14 pm

carlisle60 wrote:Thanks Paul & Unbox !

I also got the ones to the left and right. Complete identical parts!

Thu May 12, 2016 2:32 pm

I'm still sad that Dan stopped responding to my messages... :cry:

Thu May 12, 2016 2:44 pm

foto junkaay wrote:I'm still sad that Dan stopped responding to my messages... :cry:

Don't take it personal Kay. Dan has dozens of projects and pre-productions going on all at once, his inbox is probably over capacity on any given day.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:52 am

I totally get it, I gave up awhile back ago as I didn't want to keep messaging over and over again lol

Sat May 14, 2016 3:07 pm

So pumped on these pulls, the clear purple is great and squishy too!!

Sun May 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Design Festa 43

Sun May 15, 2016 9:18 pm

Grats on all the multiple mixed part pulls guys! :D

Tue May 17, 2016 3:23 pm

Andy is the base purple? if so ima flip my noodle!

Tue May 17, 2016 3:38 pm

eckotyper wrote:Andy is the base purple? if so ima flip my noodle!

I think it's the same blue the DCon '14 'Bats were painted on! Though a purple based Mockbat would be insanely cool.

Tue May 17, 2016 4:40 pm

i agree... its hard to tell in the pic, if purple sprays are layed over blue, or vice versa.

Tue May 17, 2016 8:41 pm

xSuicide Squadx wrote:I think it's the same blue the DCon '14 'Bats were painted on!

If any lucky Design Festa scorers want to send me theirs, happy to compare with Mockshock Bat and report back :)

Tue May 17, 2016 9:32 pm

rampage??

Tue May 17, 2016 10:08 pm

If I'm not mistaken the headers have Melissa's artwork on them for this release. Perhaps Paul brought them along for his trip to Kaiju vs Modular?

Wed May 18, 2016 6:56 am

eckotyper wrote:Andy is the base purple? if so ima flip my noodle!

The base vinyl is aquamarine blue. I believe the figures were painted by Paul.
Post a reply