ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
 MISHKA 
Addicted

Post Re: MISHKA
RudeBeast wrote:
Greg Mishka wrote:
this board is good for the archives thats about it

In almost four years here I've come to think the exact contrary. I've never had the luck to meet many of the great people that I'm in touch with across Skullbrain but I've hardly ever been on another board where people have been so helpful and friendly. This is what in my opinion SB is about, sharing knowledge and helping each other out.

I wholeheartedly agree in regards to the vintage forum

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
I would if it had a mohawk. Get it right Christ!

BUT HE DID IT TWO SECONDS, GIVE HIM A BREAK!

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

gatiio wrote:
I honestly check this thread just to see if Greg is having a meltdown or not. Always a hoot.

Also, if S7 had not joined with you guys, and made their own eyeball, would you have taken to attacking them just like you did with target earth? Honest question, since I was just told about that recently and find it in very poor taste, just like many things you do for the hobby.

What does that even mean? I'm curious as to what things Greg does 'for the hobby' that you find in such poor taste. Does he not extend his pinky out far enough when bringing exclusive Japanese vinyl to American conventions? What a shitty guy and what appauling manners!

Also, I'm fairly certain that Greg's 'attack' on Target Earth was little more than him saying 'not a collab, what gives?' or something to that effect, but that's just what someone told me so, you know, I could be way off.

TRADE

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

^That was SkullHeadButt not Target Earth.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:57 pm
Line of Credit

thefauxbot wrote:
gatiio wrote:
I honestly check this thread just to see if Greg is having a meltdown or not. Always a hoot.

Also, if S7 had not joined with you guys, and made their own eyeball, would you have taken to attacking them just like you did with target earth? Honest question, since I was just told about that recently and find it in very poor taste, just like many things you do for the hobby.

What does that even mean? I'm curious as to what things Greg does 'for the hobby' that you find in such poor taste. Does he not extend his pinky out far enough when bringing exclusive Japanese vinyl to American conventions? What a shitty guy and what appauling manners!

Also, I'm fairly certain that Greg's 'attack' on Target Earth was little more than him saying 'not a collab, what gives?' or something to that effect, but that's just what someone told me so, you know, I could be way off.

What does what mean? You mean the things I find in poor taste that he does? if you take a second to read it well, i mean the going after others for using the design, actually the concept that he has in no way created. As for other things, "exclusive japanese vinyl" is only a fair term in the sense that its their toys, made in japan, for their company. So the term itself aggrandizes something that is not completely true, since it only pertains to mishka and their close associates and not opening the vinyl Valhalla for anyone.

As for, "not a collab, what gives?" it stills goes to my point in how Mishka has decided to appropiate a concept with no real base demanding something that it does not own.

If you go back a few pages, you can find my exchanges with Greg (and how little he likes to defend his 'Art) and my position in regards to this company and the people that run it and how I feel about it. I will add a few things to what I've already said; I find it in very bad form that Greg goes on to do live auctions on his IG and prey on a great number of idiots with little to no respect for the hobby (I guess he's too cheap for ebay fees)

I also cant believe how he comes here, berates everyone with really rude language and gets but a slap in the wrist. Mods seem to like the bloodbath here, but in that the dude comes and says whatever shit he wants in whatever manner he feels like is really lacking. and just because just like all of us, he is protected by a computer screen, a thousand miles away and a stupid hat with an eyeball that would only look good on a ten-year-old.

And yeah, SkullHeadButt, my mistake I dont really follow much either brand.

flickr
Wanted Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 pm
Toy Prince

Those IG auctions are great man, and I'm pretty sure those people buying them are sensible and mature enough to know how they want to spend their own money, it's hardly some great social injustice that needs straightening out. As for the exclusive vinyl, I was more specifically referring to Cure - a company of which I am a huge fan. Those toys are hard enough to get ahold of in the West as it is. I assume Greg and everyone involved at Mishka for that matter are just looking to bring things which they love to a wider audience whilst making a buck.

And belittling people for wearing a madballs-influenced design on their cap, on a toy board no less....I don't even know where to start with that one.

TRADE

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

I am just returning kindness with kindness. Im sure Greg couldnt careless about what I have to say, he's made that clear before.

flickr
Wanted Thread

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:24 pm
Addicted

OK so you think Me and Lamour are preying on idiots by having out art auctions?

Yes I would like you to say that to me and Lamour's face because you sir are the idiot.

We do the art auctions for fun, and generally speaking the art sells for fractions of what it would be in a gallery section. This is the first time I am hearing something so negative and really shows a lot of you and your personality. I love my fans, and I am always talking about how much I appreciate them.

In fact the only hate we have received about the auctions is from other artists thinking its not a good look cause the art is selling too cheap and its making the art not as valuable, and we basically dont care cause we thought it was a fun concept.

Thanks for reminding me how ignorant you are and you are right at this point I could really care less what you have to say.

gatiio wrote:
thefauxbot wrote:
gatiio wrote:

What does what mean? You mean the things I find in poor taste that he does? if you take a second to read it well, i mean the going after others for using the design, actually the concept that he has in no way created. As for other things, "exclusive japanese vinyl" is only a fair term in the sense that its their toys, made in japan, for their company. So the term itself aggrandizes something that is not completely true, since it only pertains to mishka and their close associates and not opening the vinyl Valhalla for anyone.

As for, "not a collab, what gives?" it stills goes to my point in how Mishka has decided to appropiate a concept with no real base demanding something that it does not own.

If you go back a few pages, you can find my exchanges with Greg (and how little he likes to defend his 'Art) and my position in regards to this company and the people that run it and how I feel about it. I will add a few things to what I've already said; I find it in very bad form that Greg goes on to do live auctions on his IG and prey on a great number of idiots with little to no respect for the hobby (I guess he's too cheap for ebay fees)

I also cant believe how he comes here, berates everyone with really rude language and gets but a slap in the wrist. Mods seem to like the bloodbath here, but in that the dude comes and says whatever shit he wants in whatever manner he feels like is really lacking. and just because just like all of us, he is protected by a computer screen, a thousand miles away and a stupid hat with an eyeball that would only look good on a ten-year-old.

And yeah, SkullHeadButt, my mistake I dont really follow much either brand.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

"The Hobby" lol.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm
Post Pimp

Congrats on the Super7 collab, Greg.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
I would if it had a mohawk. Get it right Christ!

Still using paint :lol:

Last edited by Collin Shots on Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 69 times in total.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:18 pm
Die-Cast

Sold. Get Sucklord or Healey on this.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm
Team Tsubu

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:07 pm
Comment King

thefauxbot wrote:

Greg Mishka wrote:
Not a collab. #assholes

#fuckskullheadbutt

It's not about the eyeball it's that it's almost an exact rip off our eye on a Japan toy. They knew what they were doing.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:58 pm
Addicted

bunnyboy wrote:
thefauxbot wrote:

Greg Mishka wrote:
Not a collab. #assholes

#fuckskullheadbutt

It's not about the eyeball it's that it's almost an exact rip off our eye on a Japan toy. They knew what they were doing.

that sounds about right. not sure I would have been as reactionary if I could do it all over again

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

I understand why you were mad bro, you guys are so original you would never bite anyone. Sidenote, new Ghost Rave figure dropping soon.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:50 pm
Addicted

Collin Shots wrote:
I understand why you were mad bro, you guys are so original you would never bite anyone. Sidenote, new Ghost Rave figure dropping soon.

Nice. An original with tag.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

This place is really fucking lame, and it has nothing to do with Greg/Mishka.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:13 am
Die-Cast

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
This place is really fucking lame, and it has nothing to do with Greg/Mishka.

I got lost what was irony, sarcasm, fact or fiction several pages back . . . my opinion remains the same regardless! :wink:

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:41 am
Site Admin

Jeff, your original post was better before you edited it.

TiredChildren Design
To Write Love on Her Arms (My Day Job)

Trades / Unpainted PK Wants / Micro Wants / Wishlist

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

My question to to Greg and Lamour is what exactly are you going to do when anyone actually says criticism, or shit, or whatever to your face? Is your BFF gonna be there with his pointy ASS rings? Or are you going to give them one of your awesome snappy retorts about suicide?

And since when is it ok to tell multiple board members to kill yourself? Seriously? How is this dude not banned yet? Is this a fucking joke? Mods anywhere!? Toymaker or not this is just pathetic and needs to be dealt with

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:04 am
Side Dealer

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:
And since when is it ok to tell multiple board members to kill yourself? Seriously?

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life," -- Brooke Shields

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:51 am
Mini Boss

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:
My question to to Greg and Lamour is what exactly are you going to do when anyone actually says criticism, or shit, or whatever to your face? Is your BFF gonna be there with his pointy ASS rings? Or are you going to give them one of your awesome snappy retorts about suicide?

And since when is it ok to tell multiple board members to kill yourself? Seriously? How is this dude not banned yet? Is this a fucking joke? Mods anywhere!? Toymaker or not this is just pathetic and needs to be dealt with

Probably depends on how you say it. I'm not threatening anyone. I just feel it's better to connect as humans instead of comments that could be misconstrued on a message board.
If we have it out, we have it out. My hope is we can drink a beer together at the end and shake hands. I have nothing but love for you all.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Looks like we've got a very early runner for comment of the year here :lol:

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next