ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Re: Cryptic sofubi: Shub Zeroth ? ? ?

Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:03 pm

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Oh jeez, those are all gorgeous. Shub is such a flexible sculpt when it comes to paint jobs... The third one is just divine. Wish I had the cash to dish out for another, but for now I'll just enjoy my Lunar.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:48 pm

hellointerloper wrote:Oh jeez, those are all gorgeous. Shub is such a flexible sculpt when it comes to paint jobs... The third one is just divine. Wish I had the cash to dish out for another, but for now I'll just enjoy my Lunar.

Dude, you are so right. You can do a lot with this thing. Time to add to my wishlist :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:58 pm

hellointerloper wrote:Oh jeez, those are all gorgeous. Shub is such a flexible sculpt when it comes to paint jobs... The third one is just divine. Wish I had the cash to dish out for another, but for now I'll just enjoy my Lunar.

Don't know about all of them, but I got the "third one" in a blind bag at the Metacrypt booth at ComicCon. :D

Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Love these blanks!

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Comic Con 2015 Lucky Bag Shub Zeroth painted by Lulubell Luke.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Thank you so much for sharing Connell, that Shub is superb! Are those gold accents on the suction cups?

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Gnou wrote:Image

Love the rainbow paddle pop flavoured Zeroth :)

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:21 pm

Pals any one had info about new release of shub? ...still trying to get one for myself

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 am

Probably something for NYCC this weekend. Haven't seen any pics, but Brian posted what look like patches the other day

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Up now at: http://metacrypt.myshopify.com/

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:31 pm

Those sure went quick.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:44 pm

see the mail and trying to get one, but only see the sold out advice :( ...if someone wants to sell / trade a shub let m eknow, ...head are welcome too :D

Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:31 am

So I totally tried to post this upon reception butI couldn't get the image to post and i just figured it out. This is my Grail. Hope to get a GID one day.
ImageShub Zeroth by nicholas martin, on Flickr

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:56 am

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Wait this is a show?! "Making It"?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:58 pm

It's a documentary about what it means to "Make It" as an artist - the truth, the illusion, and the personal philosophies.

Lots of wise words from many an artist, but unless you're one yourself, I could see how some may find it boring. I however really enjoyed it and am glad I watched.

You Will see some Shub Zeroths from time to time (mainly in the background), but the majority of art shown are flat works.

But yeah, I couldn't resist not snapping a pic of the title page when I noticed the Bog Zeroth in the corner. He's either waving or summoning the great darkness from Brian's beard.
Post a reply