ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Re: Cryptic sofubi: Shub Zeroth ? ? ?

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Looks like a new Shub is in the works! ;-)

http://www.dski-one.com/1/post/2014/04/ ... hills.html

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:41 pm

I have the Black version and Blobpus version and love them. Looking forward to this version as well.
This sculpt is insane and almost every time I look at it, I notice something new.

Might not be for everyone, but I love the Shub
Lovecraft + Bathory x Slayer=this toy

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:46 pm

I am beyond excited for this new colorway... even if it just means I get to stare and drool over it on the Internet because it's way out of my price range. :oops:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Well, there it is folks! The new Shub!
Got to say, it isn't as "frosty" as the name suggested. I'm more a fan of the Lunar colorway myself.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:22 pm

I was just about to come and make a photo post of this! :-P I think the purples and blues are what make it a bit frosty. And make not in a literal sense, but just in the general color association. I'm really lovin' this one.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:45 pm

ahhhh man, was really expecting something icy...I really wanted more blue/grey/white....I love this sculpt a lot, but the paint echos the Blobpus too much(which I already have) from the last release.

Still a fantastic paint job though. Going to pass this time around.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:37 am

Great job, this new Shub paint looks neato. I also really appreciate the care & attention to details in the figure's promo. All the pics, text & additional imagery on the newsletter, etc looks super smooth.

Thu May 01, 2014 4:31 pm

Well, Permafrost went up today at 11am PST on Lulubelltoys.com, max 1 per household, $130 a pop...

...and sold out in less than a minute. Ouch.

Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 pm

That's great news! Happy for them, such a great toy.

Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 pm

I don't think I've ever F5'd and clicked so much in my life. So excited to add this Shub to the pair I have.

Fri May 02, 2014 7:02 am

Congrats to those who scored! This piece is freaking amazing in hand. David's painting style is like nothing I have seen before, the way the paint layers it brings a new dimension to the figure. This is one piece I am bummed I missed out on.

Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Can't believe I missed not one, but two Lunar Shubs in the BST yesterday.
I was on the fence about getting the first and then got into a minor car accident that could have gone REALLY badly. My boyfriend was having a really bad day (long story, he can't find a job after college and such) and missed a turn, still tried to make it, and we ended up jumping the curb and almost smashing into a tree. I was so shaken up that I basically said "Well to hell with being indecisive, life is too short for this." and came home to buy. It sold, but by some miracle there was another one up. I contacted the seller but then fell asleep because I was still recovering from the shock of almost getting squashed against the dashboard earlier... And somebody bought it by the time I woke up.

So yeah, if anyone has one that they want to sell, hit me up. :oops:

Thu May 22, 2014 10:49 pm

hellointerloper i will more than likely end up trading/selling my permafrost at some point :)

Fri May 23, 2014 12:08 am

BigHeadedKid wrote:hellointerloper i will more than likely end up trading/selling my permafrost at some point :)

I already offered her one. She's looking for the Lunar specifically.

Sat May 24, 2014 10:13 pm

I definitely appreciate the offers, but yes, I'm specifically looking for the Lunar colorway for now. I'll make sure to tell you if I change my mind down the road! (Who knows, I might get impatient, haha!)

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Thursday 1-2pm - SDCC Shub Zeroth exclusives & signing!
Metacrypt's Shub Zeroth is back from the dead in an exclusive "Grayve" version for SDCC 2014. From the creative genius of Brian Ewing x Hateball, come meet these guys & snag one of these ghostly ghouls for $120 (*max 1). They will also have unpainted grey blanks for sale for $100.

Looks pretty neat! Looks like grey vinyl with green and black rubs.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Surprises await you, if only you are to show up at the Metacrypt event on Thursday at 1, Lulubell Toys booth 5407. #crypt

Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:13 pm

The new "Grayve" version is my favorite color way yet.
Fantastic in person...so much deep green/blue/gray vinyl. Really happy to grab one of these at SDCC. Dave killed it with the paint.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:07 pm

To anyone interested, both painted and unpainted "Grrayve" versions are currently available at lulubell online. As well as some other neat stuff.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:28 pm

I almost don't want to post this on the off-chance that some may be left after NYCC and I may be able to grab one. But this guy is too perfect not to show everyone.

EVERYONE.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Really do like the new colorway, even though I really have zero knowledge of Evangelion. :P Shub Zeroth is such a flexible sculpt, there's so many fun ways to paint him up.

Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Just a quick note...there are still a few of the unpainted marbled release we did for Brian's recent solo show at Galerie F...you can check them out over at—you guessed it—Galerie F's website.

http://www.galerief.com/portfolio/shub-zeroth/

These come with super fun screenprinted headers, too.

Brian went pretty berserk with the show itself...take a peek and have some fun, hun.

#crypt

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:39 am

I think these new ones are edible.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:00 am

The new Blacklight color way DOES look edible! :lol: Or at least lickable. Looks almost like frosted glass or sugar.

The one on the left was a previous marbled release, guess they were selling leftovers?

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:10 am

It's a batch they didn't think they had... It turns out they were the ones who were lost.
Post a reply