ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:02 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 James Groman Rotten Rex. 
Fresh Meat

Post Re: James Groman Rotten Rex.
luciferj wrote:
Any one got their Rotten Rexx yet?

boon velvet wrote:
This was included in Lulubell's most recent newsletter :

Rex PRE-ORDER update
Full Paint Rexx experienced another delay as you probably know. They did not start to ship out as we hoped, and we sincerely apologize for yet another delay. We attempt to provide the best information that we can, but this information often changes, especially on larger & more complex pieces such as Rexx. We thank all who ordered for your wonderful kindness and patience with this. We are hoping to start shipping out end of May early June now. We cannot wait for you to get your hands on them just as much as you!

Nope, almost forgotten i've got this on pre-order :P

Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:42 pm
Fresh Meat

Just checking if anyone has received their Rotten Rexx on PO?

Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 pm
Toy Prince

onlybobafett wrote:
Just checking if anyone has received their Rotten Rexx on PO?

Nope, not yet

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:32 am
Toy Prince

We have now hit the 1 year mark, should be any day now....

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:50 pm
Fresh Meat

Sent a couple of emails to Amy with no reply. :roll:

Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:47 pm
Addicted

Anyone have any information about the "King Korpse" figure Groman sculpted for InstincToy?

What I read said it would be a sequel to Rotten Rexx at about a foot tall and the sketch looked like a rotted out version of king kong. I am a huge fan of his work but I've never grabbed anything from that company before as far as I know.

Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:09 pm
Fresh Meat

Waterbear wrote:
Anyone have any information about the "King Korpse" figure Groman sculpted for InstincToy?

What I read said it would be a sequel to Rotten Rexx at about a foot tall and the sketch looked like a rotted out version of king kong. I am a huge fan of his work but I've never grabbed anything from that company before as far as I know.

I think I read something recently on spankystokes or another toyblog. Maybe preview at dcon?

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:27 pm
Toy Prince

taviq wrote:
Waterbear wrote:

I think I read something recently on spankystokes or another toyblog. Maybe preview at dcon?

Heard that lulubell is having trouble making those Rotten Rexx.
So, instead of contact James Groman through lulubell, INSTINCTOY contact James Groman directly and came up with the idea of making the "King Korpse"
BTW, hope Amy can start contact us with good news, instead of "They are supposed to start shipping in the next few weeks." (which is from 5 months ago)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?
fbid=823419021108398&set=a.153644518085855.30966.100003209227993&type=3

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:43 pm
Line of Credit

[Image pulled from Spanky Stokes]

I'll have to see it once completed, but based on the design, it just doesn't do it for me the way Rotten Rex did.

Though I'm definitely intrigued by the "liquid eroded heart".

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--
Socrates, not a toy collector.

SELLING: - - -
TRADING: - - -
WANTING: the Good / the Bad / & Plenty of the Ugly!

Now In INSTACOLOR: @boonvelvet

Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:59 am
S7 Royalty

I liked the Instinctoy liquid sculpts, but lost a lot of respect in the company after they sculpted their vincent figure on top of the HXS Tyranosaurus. I'm just guessing this will be a massive figure, I wonder if Groman will sculpt it himself like Rotten Rex. But I think Chinese production will be much better for an oversized figure like this and will be much more reliable.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

JoeMan wrote:
I liked the Instinctoy liquid sculpts, but lost a lot of respect in the company after they sculpted their vincent figure on top of the HXS Tyranosaurus. .

wow, really? was that stated somewhere by them?
that's a weird move.. :|

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:53 am
S7 Royalty

EVOM wrote:
JoeMan wrote:
I liked the Instinctoy liquid sculpts, but lost a lot of respect in the company after they sculpted their vincent figure on top of the HXS Tyranosaurus. .

wow, really? was that stated somewhere by them?
that's a weird move.. :|

A friend and board member here called them out on it, and they admitted to it. I don't think it was ever blogged about or made public knowledge by them.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Also, I always felt Instinctoy's bear toy was a rip off of T9G - they even copied his Logo onto the backside of the figure.
But that never seemed to bother anyone, either . . .

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:16 am
Addicted

JoeMan wrote:
I liked the Instinctoy liquid sculpts, but lost a lot of respect in the company after they sculpted their vincent figure on top of the HXS Tyranosaurus. I'm just guessing this will be a massive figure, I wonder if Groman will sculpt it himself like Rotten Rex. But I think Chinese production will be much better for an oversized figure like this and will be much more reliable.

Took this image from the broken link posted above by luciferj. Caption says it is hand sculpted by James and I read elsewhere it's a foot tall so it does look to be massive. Had no idea about the HXS thing. That is a pretty outrageous thing to do.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:52 am
Toy Prince

Quote:
Vinyl is up. My deepest and sincerest apologies for all the late Rexx orders. It's taken me way way too long. I appreciate our fans and customers. You all allow me to do what I do. This past year has been a rough one but I feel there's light at the end of the tunnel. I finally feel hopeful and excited. Thank you all for the love and support. Come hell or high water I'm going to finish this outstanding Rexx order and also include this triceratops head as thank you for your gargantuan patience. Thank you @luluamy for keeping this boat floating. Thank you @jgroman60 for changing me beyond belief. Thank you @lulubellyuki for all your hard work on this wax. And lastly thank you to everyone that has ever bought anything from us, you all help support a rag tag bunch of misfits.

:arrow: instagram.com/p/-TqyPCkOfd

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

This painted one is really cool!

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:35 pm
Comment King

I don't know about you guys, but that extra head omake looks like it's making the excruciating wait worth your while... because it looks AMAZING.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Agreed. This new head was on display back in NYCC 2014 and it was incredible (and also a big chunk of resin).

Do you think this will come painted as well?

Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:42 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9