ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Re: M.O.O.N.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Reminds me of a some insane boss in a video game.
Very interesting to hear about the crucible this thing has had to endure.
Should make the pay off all the sweeter for everyone when it's done!

Wed May 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Here's the Mini Trinity I was stoked to put together. Paints by Splurrt, MVH, PK respectively.

Wed May 13, 2015 8:04 pm

loving the photo's....!!! a super nice trio you got there smurph

Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Glad you dig the pics. I tried to post some different ones besides what's been shared on IG already.

Really love this sculpt!

Thu May 14, 2015 11:50 am

Awesome shot and customs from the Masters of the Moon.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:12 am

It's alive!

I dig this quite a bit. I love the idea of a toy that is practically 3 toys in one.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:05 am

Wow, this was so close to making an appearance at D-con. It would have been there, but it got held up in customs an extra day.

So amazing. Seeing the test shot pictures, my excitement is fully renewed.

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:26 am

JoeMan wrote:Wow, this was so close to making an appearance at D-con. It would have been there, but it got held up in customs an extra day.

It would be so amazing if you guys were able to do a run where each of you painted your respective sides. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Logistically impossible, but awesome. :wink:

Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:32 pm

kid_miracleman wrote:
JoeMan wrote:Wow, this was so close to making an appearance at D-con. It would have been there, but it got held up in customs an extra day.

It would be so amazing if you guys were able to do a run where each of you painted your respective sides. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Logistically impossible, but awesome. :wink:

Never say never

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:34 am

Here are turn arounds of the Goon I painted for Monstrocities, PK and Guumon also had one in the show, I'm not sure if they took images of all three sides before the show. It's too big for my little light tent.

ImageUntitled by Joe Merrill, on Flickr

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:12 am

RICH the new M O O N is good in instagram ,but what time for the online ?

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 am

Looks fantastic, Joe. Photos from the show give it a decent comparison to other toys in size. I'd imagine this was a lot of fun to paint. Lookin' forward to more releases.

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:34 pm

The full size Goons were incredible in person. The size is really impressive, with his long limbs taking up so much space.

I like this pic from the show, since it gives an idea how big this dude is...kind of like a line-up, if you will...

Also, maybe I'm blind, but I couldn't find who sculpted the Mini-Goon and Midi-Goon toys. :?:

Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Paul sculpted the midi and mini

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Not sure about the Moon Goons but i would love to start off collecting the regular sized Goons and mini ones. Ill be keeping an eye out for future ones but all of the ones from the show no matter what type were beautifully done! X3

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:32 am

Grizlli wrote:Paul sculpted the midi and mini

Makes sense. Thanks.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:19 am

Aside from a small amount of test shots that should be released eventually by all 3 involved artists, Goon DX is on slight hold again.
One of the parts requires a new mold be made due to a very "tiny" mold defect.(Nothing to panic about if you bought one from Monstrosities!)
Nothing super major, but enough to bother me. Should be ironed out soon.

As for the Midi and mini there will be plenty once this storm is over and my studio/garage is once more "Habitable".
It's pretty damp right now after one inch of water. The year is off with some major hiccups.
Hoping this next week is nice and sunny. :wink:

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm

Yikes, take care Paul! Hopefully the rain stops before the landslides start. We got a dose up north, but you guys got the brunt.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:02 pm

So great to see the first DX Goons show up at monstrosities.
They were all amazing.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:04 pm

nanite wrote:Yikes, take care Paul! Hopefully the rain stops before the landslides start. We got a dose up north, but you guys got the brunt.

We got the backwash! :wink:
Post a reply