ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

Throgaa - New figure sculpt

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:08 am

Hey guys, just wanted to share my new sculpt. Im calling him Throgga! He's about 8.5 inches long, 4inches tall. Hopefully producing him in sofubi.

Re: Throgaa - New figure sculpt

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:48 am

Very nice Fiji mermaid type sculpt. I really like all the gruesome details.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:51 am

Love how thick and chunky those feet are. The little barnacles look fun to paint as well.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:13 am

Not my bag, but certainly well executed!

Boardies whose sculpts look like your children brought them home from kindergarten, take note! This is how it's done.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:28 pm

That is some underbite! Killer looking!

The thick arm/legs with the restraints are really well done.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:37 pm

Love the elongated skull. Definitely gives it a creepy feel.
And just throwing this out there, one of these painted up like a lantern fish would be amazing. :wink:

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Fish are the new Gorilla!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Really diggin' the textures and details in the scales, barnacles and bones. The size and dimensions are very enticing, as well. The shackles and elongated bottom jaw are my favorite parts! Awesome work!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Thanks so much everyone! I'm never quite sure what the reaction here will be so its nice to see you guys diggin my work, I appreciate all your kind words!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:37 pm

If it's not too much to ask, do you have an particular paint apps in mind??? Blue glow blanks are already a great way to start off!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Love the skull head... keep rocking brother

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:41 pm

At first glance I was seriously not feeling this. But upon closer inspection, it has some great detail. It's hard to not look at it really.

Some crazy marbled color ways would rock with this sculpt imo. I would snatch that kind of thing up immediately.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:06 pm

Donkeykonk wrote:At first glance I was seriously not feeling this. But upon closer inspection, it has some great detail. It's hard to not look at it really.

Some crazy marbled color ways would rock with this sculpt imo. I would snatch that kind of thing up immediately.

Haha thanks man! You may just be in luck :wink:

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:10 pm

xSuicide Squadx wrote:If it's not too much to ask, do you have an particular paint apps in mind??? Blue glow blanks are already a great way to start off!

Im thinking of starting with something obvious like an underwater themed colorway. Im working on a print as well and that will help me figure out some color schemes.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:38 am

No. I only buy non-Japanese sculpted sofubi from a guy who looks exactly like Pauley Shore.
He used to call himself 'LASSIE' . . . or something. :) :wink:

But seriously, that is a cool sculpt. I like it.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:13 pm

What kind of clay is that? Plastisol?

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:25 am

i used mostly super sculpey firm. made some adjustments and additions with apoxie sculpt

Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Here's some art i made for Throgaa as well

Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:35 am

looking good man.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 am

Lovin' the Fiji Mermaid influence.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks again guys, the original idea had no fishy parts but Rich made a suggestion and I went with it! I'll be doing more stuff with scales for sure, they're interesting to sculpt.

Also in case you guys don't know I am running a pre-order right now for Throgaa, links can be found in places ;)

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:00 pm

This is really good.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks FATAL!

Just sent Throgaa off to Japan to start the process of turning him into vinyl. Im really excited and a little nervous about him making it over there in one piece. I'll keep you guys updated on my progess :)

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Throgaa safely made his way to Japan, ill put up some pics if/when i get some!
Post a reply