ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:53 pm

New SB releases 
S7 Royalty

I saw mushroom head and Mudvayne a few years back...Great show!!!

argghhhhh I grew up with mushroom head

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:30 am
Illuminati

WOW - I missed this spirited debate!It covered so many bases:

Selling: I bought some of Jackie's toys, and I'm pleased she offered them here first! In fcat, isn't it great that we get the first chance? Jackie is super cool and friendly to deal with!

But, like Ramos, I also find it super hard to sell (or even get my head around selling )anything SB, Henshin, Gargamel that I only had one of (I'll happilly sell or trade extras) - but I'm lucky enough not to have to. I'll admit that I was really tempted by the "stoopid money" offer for the all black Mantis, so I could plough it back into my large Yahoo Japan invoice - but I realized I couldn't sell it. However, if I was between jobs, I'd be f##ked instantly...and maybe eventually I'd be forced to sell

Not cool: Having multiple Ice-Cats and Sn0-cats when I don't have one. If anyone here attempted to get one, you will know it was virtually impossible!

Not cooler: Man, I was really disappointed with the number of people who insta-flipped their Skuttles by bringing along someone else so they could get 2, preventing people behind them in line getting one of the 50 available.

Music: SlipKnot have cool masks, but are musical dullards - KISS, on the other hands rule in all avenues (aprt from Gene, who sucks Dubya's dick, but designed the axe bass which makes up for it a bit). The Rakes, We Are Scientists and Maximo Park are ruling my world right now.

Embarassing fact: I love Buckcherry's fisrt record and I'm English.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:51 pm
S7 Royalty

#whistle#

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:53 pm
Post Pimp

Im going to start a music thread in the proper area so we can leave the SB thread to SB-sorry i started the hijack!!!

Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Illuminati

How did u guys even score one set of Jled ice and sno's? I called up, emailed, spoke to Joe and Amy, had one held for me (which someone esle bought) - still nothing! Plus, I know I am not the only person who couldn't get these.

I love the way they managed to represent the 2-d originals in 3-d, while still retaining their 2-d-ness. I have a few SB and Gargamel doubles I would trade if either of you are interested.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

I got lucky with annoucnments on KR forum. And managed to get the ordinary ones from a UK and a French store.

My firecat and icecat are still for sale by the way :P

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:11 pm
Illuminati

(for Muton) I love the cocaine...I love the cocaine...

Writer's Page: http://www.esoterra.org/editors.htm

Last Hurrah Records: http://www.lasthurrahrecords.com

Last edited by Chad Hensley on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Was the French store called "Album" by any chance? I went to a place with that name in Paris last summer, and they were stocked with a lot of vinyl.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:28 pm
S7 Royalty

No it was artoyz. They seem to be quite big (got they're own nedzed). Cost me a bit in shipping - even to england.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:32 pm
Die-Cast

I just got lucky with the ice and snow and got a 2nd set.

The regular verions were easy to get. They were up on artoyz for days. I bought 3 of each to help re-coup the shipping cost. sold one extra set and recoverd the shipping for the two I kept.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:51 pm
Mini Boss

someone sell me the GID/green Kaiju Mantis.

I love you looooooooong time. beacoup Boom-Boom

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:54 pm
Addicted

I don't post on here nearly as much as everyone else but -

1. jltohru seems really nice, posts all the time and there's usually a lot of love around here, so reading this all was weird. She can do whatever she wants, she still seems way cool. Good luck with everything btw.

Selling stuff in desperate times sucks (and most of us have been there), but especially in this case, if she's just refining her collection while staying in her means, then awesome. I have sold off a ton of my old LP's in the last couple of years because I don't listen to them anymore and have most of the music on CD anyway and I don't feel bad at all about it. Plus I needed room for these damn toys!

2. regarding another post in this thread - I still think Baseman and his toys are awesome. If you don't think they're cool anymore, let me know what you want to sell me for cheap and I'll take it if I don't have it. :D

3. I'm with you Muton, Buckcherry's record was great. I was dorky enough to have just seen them at the Whiskey not too long ago. And Slipknot aren't horrible or anything, but why bother when there are so many good Black Metal bands to listen to. \m/ :twisted:

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:43 pm
Site Admin

exactly, stick to At the Gates and Emperor for the new stuff and Slayer for the old stuff and you are pretty much covered.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:50 pm