ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Feel free to say what you really think right here.
Post a reply

New Banner ??

Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:47 pm

I think its about that time again....

Re: New Banner ??

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:27 pm

LASH wrote:I think its about that time again....

+1
Preferably something less 'minimal'.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:34 pm

I like this minimal banner....but I do wish it was just a tad smaller in height.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Like this banner very much.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:51 pm

I like this banner actually.

Before the change over this place started to look visually annoying. Everyone started having these huge avatars, flashing signature lines etc. I like the simple look.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Although I see no real need for a new one, there may be some who don't know that the current one was a joke submission by locomoco from one of the past banner contests. The self-deprecating "I can't draw" footnote was in reference to the accomplished art of some of the other entries by talented Skullbrainers. If there's going to be a new banner, I'd see nothing wrong with taking another look at some of those past submissions. Some of them were excellent.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:46 pm

I like that this banner is work friendly....

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:47 pm

How's this for an updated banner?

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Ooh, color.
I actually like the simple banner.
Got use to it and it's easy on the eyes.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:52 pm

toybotstudios wrote:I like that this banner is work friendly....

and it is also friendly in the sense of "are you wasting more of our time taking about those stupid toys again?" conversations again with my wife. either she learned to accept the fact that i eat, breath, and shit in my toys. or that this photo-less header still has her fooled all these months....

Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:06 pm

"How's this for an updated banner?"

+1
Last edited by nefasth on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:15 pm

I like this banner too. Work friendly, easy on the eyes.

Maybe replace it occasionally with some other text or saying or something?
Animated GIF of text on black that cycles occasionally (every few days) or randomly?

Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:11 pm

Locomoco wrote:How's this for an updated banner?

No. I hate this one. Switch it back. The orange is too distracting.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:46 pm

Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:59 pm

definatley diggin this banner.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:40 pm

I like it the way it is, really easy at work!!!!

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Skullbrain.org*

*I spent banner money on toys

:P

Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:22 am

liquidsky wrote:I like this banner too. Work friendly, easy on the eyes.

Maybe replace it occasionally with some other text or saying or something?
Animated GIF of text on black that cycles occasionally (every few days) or randomly?

That could be cool. As much as I agree that some of the board artists are quite talented, I'm really not a fan of loud, garish banners; both because of work issues and the fact that they tend to lose their novelty fairly quickly. Something simple that changes randomly would be great, in my opinion.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:05 am

I would love to see a banner that looks like a section of an Excel spreadsheet, with "Skullbrain.org", about the same size it is now, as a header or in one of the cells.
Maybe two or three cells could have some tiny photographic detail of a figure in them- say, a Galtan claw, Kanegon's mouth, Baltan's eyes- and maybe these could shift/change randomly.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:08 am

ungawa222 wrote:I would love to see a banner that looks like a section of an Excel spreadsheet, with "Skullbrain.org", about the same size it is now, as a header or in one of the cells.
Maybe two or three cells could have some tiny photographic detail of a figure in them- say, a Galtan claw, Kanegon's mouth, Baltan's eyes- and maybe these could shift/change randomly.

How about just an Excel spreadsheet as the banner to make it look like we're working? :lol:

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:11 am

mikeee wrote:
ungawa222 wrote:I would love to see a banner that looks like a section of an Excel spreadsheet, with "Skullbrain.org", about the same size it is now, as a header or in one of the cells.

How about just an Excel spreadsheet as the banner to make it look like we're working? :lol:

Right, yeah... that's.... kinda what I'm saying....

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:18 am

ungawa222 wrote:
mikeee wrote:

Right, yeah... that's.... kinda what I'm saying....

Opps!

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:26 am

Keep the old banner ...the minimalist look is very fine and anyway, who really cares ?!!

Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 pm

You guys are bitches, I like a rotating banner like we used to do. Keeps the board fresh :)

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:36 pm

I say mix it up.
Post a reply