ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Feel free to say what you really think right here.
Post a reply

"added to store on (date goes here)"

Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:30 am

Just a quick request... would it be possible to add a line in the online store info that shows when a figure was added to the store? Sometimes I get confused with everything being all together in the "new" section since they tend to sit in there for a few weeks, and this would help us older (addlebrained) shoppers out.

Or maybe a "sort by date added" function...

Re: "added to store on (date goes here)"

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Confused? Might be old age... :D

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:32 pm

gatchabert wrote:Confused? Might be old age... :D

Darn whippersnapper!!! (shakes fist at bert)

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:46 am

Both of you get off my lawn!

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:53 am

the "added to store" section should also have a timer and live inventory count. if an item has been up for more than 5 minutes, I usually don't want it.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:07 pm

WTF? Rhino- is that a breastfeeding Booska? :lol:

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:09 pm

melek_taus wrote:WTF? Rhino- is that a breastfeeding Booska? :lol:

:lol:

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:46 am

I'd also like to see 'sold out' items kept in the database (with retail price) for reference purposes.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:17 am

I'm serious when I say this: I almost remember it all. I can nearly pinpoint what was entered into the store in order. I can also, usually, remember what WAS in stock and what it was sold for. I wish I could make my powers useful.

I think the idea of NOT using "low stock" is to drive hype AWAY. To say "LOW STOCK" is to say "UH OH RARE BUY NOW!!!" vs. "Buy what you like."

Now this can go in circles all day, AND I see the point on BOTH sides so I'm not saying I support one way or the other, just throwing some thoughts out.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:19 am

Total agreeement on the 'Low Stock' indication. Some sellers put 'Low Stock' on practically everything from the time it becomes available. I am sure the sellers that do it will justify (and I am sure many buyers would even agree) by saying 'Oh we're just helping you out by letting you know there aren't very many left) but I think it is all about hype and playing on your fears of missing out. I don't mind a 'Last one' indication on an item though, as this is meaningful information. With 'Low Stock' there might be 2 left..there might be 10.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:23 pm

rhinomilk wrote: if an item has been up for more than 5 minutes, I usually don't want it.

Hilarious! :lol:

Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:56 am

autonomy33 wrote:
rhinomilk wrote: if an item has been up for more than 5 minutes, I usually don't want it.

Hilarious! :lol:

Hehe

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 am

UnderBeit wrote:I'd also like to see 'sold out' items kept in the database (with retail price) for reference purposes.

Good idea!!!
Post a reply