ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Feel free to say what you really think right here.
Post a reply

Cat out of bag?

Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:59 am

Just read over at vinylpulse about the new Super7 store in Florida---will there be cupcakes sold out of this store in addition to toys? Guess I should have figured out that connection sooner...

Hope we see an Aligator Mummyboy!!

Seems like VP gets news up quicker than Super7 does these days...

No matter---this is a very good thing for all!

Re: Cat out of bag?

Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 am

Bah! Florida is no closer to me than Cali! New England has lots of vinyl dorks! Think of us! Florida is hot and all the vinyl will sag :evil: We have nice frigid vinyl-preserving winters in NE.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:10 pm

I'm sad about it too BUT CONGRAT'S. In theory I could take a week and drive down, Which I would never do to get the Cali so it's definitely a step in the right direction. Good going guys and maybe I'll visit S7xFL one day.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:14 pm

You guys in NY need to stop, there's TT and not to mention......NY! What's in FL? Nothing! So now there's something! SHOOT, what's in the SE at all? NOTHING! I'll be moving back north just around the opening day, so I'll probably never make it down now (again, what's in FL?) but congrats to Scott and S7!

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 pm

scottygee wrote:Hope we see an Aligator Mummyboy!!

Wow Congratulations S7!! This is cool. Oh and an Aligator Mummyboy would be SICK :!:

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Congrats S7!!!
NY S7 one day...

Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Great news! Not so sure about the St Petersburg choice...but I'm sure you guys have good reason and I'm glad to see S7 expanding. I envision a day where S7 will be like Starbucks...2-3 per block. :wink:

Some demographics on St. Pete...from the wiki

In the city the population was spread out with 21.5% under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 30.2% from 25 to 44, 23.1% from 45 to 64, and 17.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39.24 years. For every 100 females there were 91.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.7 males.

That's a lot of dudes that need toys...cause there aint no women.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:31 pm

REdYOdA wrote:For every 100 females there were 91.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.7 males.

Not sure that I follow.
You list more women than men in those two age brackets...

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 pm

I'm loving this cause I live in tampa which is just a short trip away and I don't have to work that day...!!! only 30 minutes to fresh baked vinyl... woot...!!!

hey scott, I need a job...!!! :wink:

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Oh, this is very cool! As a Florida native, I would have guessed the College Park-area of Orlando, but I used to live in St. Pete too, and it is definitely an interesting choice of locale. I hope this injects some more vinyl stimulation into the East Coast!

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:41 pm

liquidsky wrote:
REdYOdA wrote:For every 100 females there were 91.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.7 males.

Not sure that I follow.
You list more women than men in those two age brackets...

Oh you're right...I read it wrong. I didn't get enough sleep last night.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm

So I assume no webstore as it would compete with headquarters.
And why build and maintain a second webstore for the same product?

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:08 pm

BAH.....NY or nothing....

Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:15 pm

This is possibly the best news I've ever heard!!! So stoked!

P.S. I need a job :wink:

edit* Mike, you've already got a job... I is but a poor college student.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Hmmm. Doesn't Steathtank live in Florida??? Could this have anything to do with a "store" he was opening?

Steath? Yes/no?

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:12 pm

And the missus wanted to go to Atlanta that weekend....ha! :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:16 pm

bryce_r wrote:Hmmm. Doesn't Steathtank live in Florida??? Could this have anything to do with a "store" he was opening?

Steath? Yes/no?

Check Whitepages & see if 720 2nd St North is his home address :lol:

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:05 pm

????

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Whoops

I'm just happy there is a Super7 on the east coast, a 2 1/2 hour plane trip is better than 6 ;) ( I hate flying)

I'm betting this is Scotts toy shop, and if it is congrats buddy, thanks for bring this to the east.
Last edited by Rich on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:14 pm

bryce_r wrote:Hmmm. Doesn't Steathtank live in Florida??? Could this have anything to do with a "store" he was opening?

Steath? Yes/no?

I could have swore Stealth mentioned St. Pete when he had the RxH cupcake Mutant Head up for sale. In any case, while I would love a store up here in the northeast, it could be a hazard for my wallet to have one too close. I have trouble enough with the availability online.

Congrats to Stealth if this is indeed his store!

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:16 pm

LASH wrote:I'm just happy there is a Super7 on the east coast, a 2 1/2 hour plain trip is better than 6 ;) ( I hate flying)

Are you B.A. Baracus? True, 2 hours is better than 6, but for 6 you get San Francisco, for 2 you get......FL? OK, I'll stop ragging on FL, I live in GA so I think I'm supposed to hate them. But Scott has clearly pulled some strings to make FL 1,000,000,000 times cooler than GA (like Disney wasn't enough on its own?) OH YEAH, Death Metal is from FL, so 3 things kick ass now down there! Let's go for 4, it's shaped like a wang, 4!

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:24 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
LASH wrote:I'm just happy there is a Super7 on the east coast, a 2 1/2 hour plain trip is better than 6 ;) ( I hate flying)

Are you B.A. Baracus? True, 2 hours is better than 6, but for 6 you get San Francisco, for 2 you get......FL? OK, I'll stop ragging on FL, I live in GA so I think I'm supposed to hate them. But Scott has clearly pulled some strings to make FL 1,000,000,000 times cooler than GA (like Disney wasn't enough on its own?) OH YEAH, Death Metal is from FL, so 3 things kick ass now down there! Let's go for 4, it's shaped like a wang, 4!

:lol:

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 am

Gratz to the new owners...
I'm with LASH on guessing who the new owners are.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:11 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally a toy store in FLA that I can shop & is less than a hour away. Thanks Super7 & Scott :D
I will be there for the Grand Opening, have the cupcakes ready :lol:

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:34 am

Very cool! I'm in that area a few times a year to visit the in-laws. Now I have another reason (a fellow bot collector lives in the area) to look forward to those trips! Very cool, indeed!! Congrats.
Post a reply