ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Feel free to say what you really think right here.
Post a reply

Re: Cat out of bag?

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Personally, I'm insulted that the new shop isn't in NJ.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Good God! I used to do laundry next door....and then, I think, have been at the same storefront.

Congratulations!

So who the hell organized this and didn't call me up :D . I work about 3 blocks from the new store.

Let me know if you need part time help guys.

Ed

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:35 am

I will let Scott chime in when he is ready, but yes, Scott will be steering the Florida ship so to speak. We figured it would make better sense to announce at sdcc as not to confuse the issue leading up to sdcc. I will see you all there!

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:05 am

can't wait...!!! :D

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:36 pm

Yes, I can confirm that I am indeed the mad scientist who has been given the keys to drive the highly anticipated, new souped-up east coast store! Strategically located within minutes from Tampa International Airport, an hour's drive from Orlando, and within driving distance from Jacksonville, Miami, and Atlanta Florida aims to provide all of the toys, art, and fun we've come to expect from the good folks over the years, with a dash of key lime and a heaping side of southern hospitality. It is our goal to bring the finest artists and toy makers in the world to the very doorstep of those living in the Southeast. So I hope to see everyone in the area at the Florida grand opening on August 29th, because yours eyes and ears are not deceiving you. This is happening!!
Last edited by stealthtank on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:44 pm

Wow! congrats, Scott and S7! :)

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Very nice. Congrats!!
Toy Karma in effect.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:05 pm

scott, will you be having some of your famous sales at your store? :shock:

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:36 am

Congratulations! I could not be more happy about this. I know I'm new to FL, but I'm going to be less than an hour from s7!! See you guys at the opening!

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:19 am

Congrats Scott!
I hope to visit one day.
Don't forget the couch! :wink:

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:45 pm

That's awesome, congrats!

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:43 pm

I feel like my sister just got married to a alligator mummy boy. I love it.
Scott rules. Lets party!

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:25 pm

This will be about 3 hours north of me but I'm STOKED regardless!

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:19 am

Push the store opening up a week because I'm moving the selected weekend and may never be so close again. That's right, I'm asking for a buisiness to cater to my personal life, so?!?! :mrgreen:

Again congrats Scott/S7, I would have guessed Philly for an East Coast S7 honestly.

Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:48 am

Joe Bunny wrote:Image

if florida is shaped like a wang..does that make this guy a dickhead?

Congrats stealthtank and S7!

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:35 pm

I live and work about 15 minutes away, at most.

I will be a regular, so get used to seeing my ugly, gigantically-bearded mug around there.

The opening is a definite.

Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:40 pm

congrats to scott and S7!
can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the opening

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Now that a Florida store is coming, you should add a forum under Tourist Go Home for sunny Florida!! ;) Keep us updated on goings on at the store, get-togethers, and such.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks guys, for all of the words of encouragement!!! It's been both an exciting and stressful time for Lauren and I, and so we certainly appreciate all of the enthusiasm. The shop is going to be great fun!

And we definitely will have our own section here on skullbrain.

Right now though, you can keep up on the goings on at the new shop on twitter at http://twitter.com/Super7_Florida.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:02 pm

Glad to hear of the expansion Stealth!

Maybe Texas is next? We have to get something in here to compete with the new KR store!

IKe

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Scott, I know this is happening on the 29th, but at what time?? And, do you need us to bring anything, besides money, cameras, and a ton of best wishes? :D

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:02 pm

The grand opening is at 7 p.m. on Saturday the 29th, and I will let everyone know about any and all festivities planned as they become available.

We may try to have a "trade bait" get together earlier in the afternoon at the nearby Vinoy Park, if we have time.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 pm

rednecktex7 wrote:Glad to hear of the expansion Stealth!

Maybe Texas is next? We have to get something in here to compete with the new KR store!

IKe

Thanks Ike!

I know Texas is certainly on the radar.

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:50 pm

While I know nothing that cool would ever come to Buffalo, maybe Toronto someday? I know Canadian skullbrainers would love it. Would give me an excuse to cross the border more often
Post a reply