ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
 F**K YOU thread again 
Vintage

Post Re: F**K YOU thread again
Yeah, let's just drop this whole thing. I think everyone knows well by now that flippers in general are not appreciated in this, or any hobby.

Moving right along, Fuck You to the makers (or general persons responsible) for Cracker Jack.

Cracker Jack does away with prizes (and box), replaces them with QR code.

That you very much you stupid turds. You took one of the last things people could still just enjoy for its simplicity and tradition, and ruined whatever more than likely still had people buying your product. Do you really think people have been buying so much Cracker Jack because of its wonderfull freshness, delicious taste, or wholesome goodness? Or maybe the great price for such a bounty of food? :? According to parent company PepsiCo Frito-Lay, the move is being done to provide “baseball-inspired mobile digital experiences directly from the sticker inside.” What the ever-living-fuck?

Look, I fully admit the prizes have been incredibly lame for some time now. Going with this whole trend of completely moronic lawsuits that the culture of entitlement combined with abject stupidity and lack of ownership/responsibility in the US that took off in the 90s, and worked its bastard way into the cereal boxes (and children's joy) of America, you have reached a whole new level of cluelessness. Just see the whole 'Kinder Egg/Überraschung' thing for more on this. I think it is really gone too far. And its not that I even could care at all for the stupid prizes or nostalgia of it, as I said, I think it has been a few decades since anyone probably got a 'real' prize inside a box. It is just that this move smacks of poor decision-making, and not understanding at all your core audience/purchasers. The classic look, the waxed paper design, the [albeit] little joy of a surprise, this is what your brand was.

Good luck with getting anyone to bolster your sales now. The sailor on your package is saluting you a final farewell.

For a much better idea and tribute to this great icon of Americana now on its way out, check out this post,

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=787037#p787037

And for good measure, the original post which unfortunately the link is broken to i̶s̶ was here (you will have to scroll down a little to see the pics)

h̶t̶t̶p̶:̶/̶/̶s̶k̶u̶l̶l̶b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶.̶o̶r̶g̶/̶b̶b̶/̶v̶i̶e̶w̶t̶o̶p̶i̶c̶.̶p̶h̶p̶?̶f̶=̶1̶7̶&̶p̶=̶7̶8̶6̶7̶5̶0̶#̶p̶7̶8̶6̶7̶5̶0̶
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31450&start=14675

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:45 am
Fresh Meat

What?!? No more prizes? There was an older man that I used to work with until he retired, but he used to bring me a box of cracker jacks everyday. I would always dig for the prize first and share the cracker jacks later. My disappointment at the time was they promised me 50% more peanuts but there were like 5 total!

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:37 am
Side Dealer

That's terrible! :x End of an era! Not that it's worth eating the stuff anymore, but the box, toy prize, packaging design was a remaining Warholian icon. ...so does that mean we should buy up all remaining supplies, and then sell them in 10 years as art pieces? :P

p.s. oh blush! :oops: thank you Stevie :oops: :P

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:54 am
Comment King

I feel like Cracker Jack lost most of its relevance when they stopped providing actual prizes, and instead gave out... Baseball tattoos? I think? I don't even remember, but it must have been useless if I can't remember.
Now it's going to be even less relevant. Who the hell wants to scan a QR code with their phone for a "mobile experience"? Hell, someone can just snap photos and upload all the codes to a site and then there's no point to them anyway.

I miss the days of color-changing spoons and little cars in my cereal boxes.
Hell, I miss when childhood didn't include a goddamn phone.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

No big loss honestly. It's been many years since any of the prizes were actually prizes. Back before the 40's the prizes were made in japan and pretty damn incredible. After that they remained pretty cool for almost another 50 years before everything switched over to just paper goods. Round baseball cards and riddles have been the normal prizes for decades. Scanned prizes have been around for over 3 years already. This is nothing new.

The only food stuffs that still has neat prizes are Kinder Surprise eggs but you can get busted for even bringing one across the border into the US which is pretty hilarious.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:52 pm
Side Dealer

I remember the prize from my first box of cracker jacks: a plastic dolphin that would dive if you filled it with baking soda. As the baking soda bubbled off, it would rise back up to the surface. Kids today didn't even know how bad they were getting ripped off with those baseball tattoos. I will say this, I wouldn't normally buy something like cracker jacks these days but I got a box for free & the sticker it came with is perfect for covering my laptop camera to keep my work computer from spying on me.

tl;dr: fuck shitty cracker jack prizes & work computers spying on you

phantomfauna wrote:
No...that's not all I got. Eat a three inch dick footlong you prick.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:36 am
Addicted

Last toy I remember was a paperclip. A plastic, orange, homeplate shaped paperclip.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:08 am
Toy Prince

psilo110 wrote:
... covering my laptop camera to keep my work computer from spying on me

people laugh at me for doing this, im so glad im not the only one
fck them :evil:

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

Fuck stupid disagreements with the SO.

Boyfriend says he's too exhausted/tired to drive off the NJ turnpike into a rest stop so I can hop out of the car and grab some Dippin Dots from the vending machine.
I don't understand how taking less than 5 minutes out of your drive to make me blissfully happy is such a big deal, and why he's complaining about being tired when it's HIS choice to stay up late almost every night playing video games.

Such a fucking stupid argument but it's the principle of it all. He's tired because he made himself tired and I want to stop briefly for ice cream but 5 minutes is what's going to push him over the edge into exhaustive frustration? Isn't making me happy supposed to be a good thing? Making HIM happy is a priority for me, so why doesn't it work the other way around?

Yeah fuck that.
Just for that I didn't go to Delaware with him for his police exam. I had my own ice cream at home. :evil:

Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

F the police :wink:

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--
Socrates, not a toy collector.

SELLING: - - -
TRADING: - - -
WANTING: the Good / the Bad / & Plenty of the Ugly!

Now In INSTACOLOR: @boonvelvet

Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:59 am
Comment King

He conceded defeat and admitted his frustration stems from his own self-destructive behavior... :roll: I guess I win? Sort of?

And you have no idea Boon... He's been trying for a police job for AGES and nobody wants him because he either 1) doesn't have a military background or 2) they prefer transfers or 3) who the fuck knows. He doesn't want to be a patrolman, he wants the CSI unit, cold cases, or detective unit. (He has a bachelors in Investigative Services and he interned in those units, had a blast.) Everyone starts at patrol, so he'll have to be that asshole handing out traffic tickets for a while... But he wants to work his way up and is more than capable of it.
...IF THEY FUCKING OFFER HIM A JOB DAMMIT

Hell, he's so frustrated at this point that he's taking an EMT course as backup.
So yeah, f the police, give my boyfriend a job.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

You know what, fuck employment/job applications period. Doesn't matter what your qualifications are for the position, or how much training you have done - the entire system nowadays is so backhanded and underminded by morons, it is working against you at every step. I swear that the modern world now runs at a level of near-Hollywood level nepotism, that just irks me and defeats the purpose of even doing training or ever having "the best person for the job." Seriously, fuck off with HR bullshit, connections, recruitment agencies, job 'postings', inside hiring, lipservice interviews, automated replies, no responses, generic [anything].... just fuck it all. I am so sick of it. :x

flickr part [2] part [3]

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:11 am
Line of Credit

I meant it as a joke for him not keeping ya happy, Maddie, but yes, f them for that too.

"The secret of happiness is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less."
--

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:37 am
Comment King

ultrakaiju, I hear you. It's such bullshit that I sometimes want to scream.

Let me list off some of my bf's qualifications/past jobs for you:

-Bachelor's Degree, Criminal Justice - Investigative Services at University of New Haven, one of the best Criminal Justice schools on the east coast
-Internship at Local PD, where they kept him longer than they were supposed to because everyone liked him
-Loss Prevention Officer at JCPenney, where they kept him longer than they were supposed to (it was for the holiday season) because his boss liked him
-Security Guard License
-CPR Certification
-Passed the CT Physical Test at 50th percentile multiple times (the stupid card expires every 6 months, and has two passing grades... 40th, or 50th. 50th is the better one. Below 40th = fail.)
-Security Guard at a front desk of a major corporation (current job)

AND HE STILL CAN'T GET A POLICE JOB.
Rejection letters every month, 50-page applications, and some departments THROW OUT ALL APPLICATIONS AND START OVER BECAUSE THEY DECIDE THEY WANT TO CHANGE APPLICATION METHODS AND THEY DON'T NOTIFY THE APPLICANTS THAT THEY NEED TO RE-APPLY.
Every damn boss he's had thinks he's the best because he's always early for work, barely ever takes sick days or days off, works extra hours when asked, never sleeps/slacks off on the job...

What happened to working hard to work your way up the job ladder?
What happened to a degree actually meaning ANYTHING?

It's bullshit beyond all bullshit.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

College degrees aren't what they use to be, but 100% needed these days unfortunately (I say this as I graduate in two weeks). While I do not think it's fair and certainly there are tons of jobs anyone can do that require degrees that should not- it's because corporations don't want to waste money on training anyone. Hence unpiad internships, need a degree etc etc.

The old adage "it's who you know" is also not fair but really these days it's about how you market yourself to prospective employers. You have to work it and be persistent. Getting a job is a full time job in itself. Build your resume, don't think anything is beneath you, and you will be surprised how all those little things add up later. I applied for a seasonal state DEC field technician job and it will basically consist of me talking to anglers about their catches all summer and fall and recording data along the Niagara river. Hey it's outside, exercise, and while it may not be David Attenborough on a remote island observing a rare new species it's in my wheelhouse of what I want to do- and a start.

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

\hey, that actually sounds pretty damn amazing to me, would love to have that role. Nice one, man!

I guess we have just had very different experiences. All's I can say is that I consider myself fairly qualified, but couldn't even get hired for shit jobs these days. You're fortunate if you can land something fairly easily, and rare is the occasion anymore where someone gets settled in a lifelong 'career' at all; typically people have to move around every five years or so now, which is pretty shitty. I guess I am being very cynical and jaded about this whole thing, but my experiences have been so far below stellar, it is depressing to even think on.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:57 am
Line of Credit

--

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:11 pm
Team Tsubu

ultrakaiju wrote:
Moving right along, Fuck You to the makers (or general persons responsible) for Cracker Jack...

The true culprit discovered:
https://youtu.be/nFicXlvJBdo?t=160

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:23 pm
Comment King

Fuck all the flippers on eBay.
Seriously.

I'd say maybe 1/4th of my collection consists of things I've won on eBay... "Non-hype" toys that went for auction and I got for prices at or below retail. They aren't perfect, some have a scuff or two, but they are much-loved parts of my collection.
(My favorite is a Hukkokudo Zag I got for $40. He's beautiful, and he's mine.)

But now... Now EVERY toy is buy-it-now at a crazy flipper price. Drives me up the damn wall. Every damn day, a barrage of flipper listings.

I guess this isn't anything new, I just don't remember it being this bad...

rantrantrant

Mon May 02, 2016 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Mr. Grumpy™

^^^
And many of those a-holes buy non hyped toys cheap on sites like Mandarake or YJA and them mark it up astronomically hoping somebody will think buying on ebay is easier- because direct from Japan (Mandarake) will be too complicated and too expensive shipping wise or that YJA is too hard to figure out. You're better of just going with Mandarake or getting a buying service and getting the toys in one lump shipment -and that is the definition of sheer bliss BTW- I kind of miss that- it's sensory overload unwrapping each bubble wrapped toy!

Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

ebay has always been hit and miss in regard to anything long before SB.

It is a simple matter of just not buying anything from that type seller.

It is odd that over half of the Marmit dolls I want can be had for cheap.

Glad for that, to hell with the new stuff.

Now for the news.......

Fuck this:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-01/h ... ys/7373736

95% Killed if successful? Wow that sound like a great fucking idea!

What happens to all the other forms of life in those rivers?

What happens when the said virus mutates, which virus often do?

Not to mention.. where will the contamination end? Ever heard of the Ocean?

Not to worry they put enough chemicals in the water to make it safe to drink!

This world is really going down the toilet.. Fucking idiots.

Mon May 02, 2016 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

^ Human beings suck. I constantly see people around my area throw garbage out their car window. Wtf is wrong with everyone? Its fine, the earth will wipe us out and rebalance itself. Or we will destroy it.

Mon May 02, 2016 11:43 am
Mr. Grumpy™

^^^Don't go to college for an environmental science degree if that stuff depresses you! I did, and was well aware of how we are destroying the planet beforehand- but going to actual classes on how many ways we are destroying the planet and being able to quantify it for 4 years straight makes me really weep for the future. Today I learned it's going to be a banner year for coral reef bleaching with the latest El Nino event. Say goodbye to whole reef systems that might not ever recover. Millenials in old age and their kids are uber screwed. Hell I'll probably die of heat stroke in my old age or starve. Shit's going to get real and people just have no idea. Ecosystems folks, it's a fine balance- everything is connected. Best case scenario a plague or virus wipes more than half of us out. Planet will still heat up even with that many gone based on what we've already put into the system carbon wise.

Mon May 02, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

I'd be cool with a new plague... Specifically one that affects people who text and drive would be nice. Or flippers. ...please?

But yeah, I guess it's a small comfort knowing that I'll probably be dead before most shit hits the fan. If not, I'll just go be a hermit somewhere far from the general population so I don't catch what ever brand of misery they're spreading about.

Mon May 02, 2016 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at "treasure-japan"'s eBay prices, but I sent them a nice message saying I got the same toy they're hawking for $120 less, and called them an idiot. :)

So fuck you, flipper.

Fri May 13, 2016 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next