ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Feel free to say what you really think right here.
Post a reply

Embedded YouTube videos

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:01 am

Is anyone interested in having the ability to embed YouTube videos into our messages? After reading through viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44801, I realized how nice it'd be to be able to watch videos without leaving the pages themselves. I have no idea how easy it'd be to implement, but I've seen it on other boards and it's a feature I'd like to see here.

Re: Embedded YouTube videos

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am

I think the coding is pretty simple, so it's probably just a matter of whether or not the powers-that-be want us to be able to do that. Maybe it's a matter of server bandwidth, dunno.

I agree it would be nice to be able to embed videos here. All for it.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Sure! I don't see why anyone might object to it unless there's a bandwidth issue or something

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 am

i can't imagine any bandwidth issues since embedded videos, just like embedded photos, are still hosted by and served by their respective servers, not sb.

edit: and just like that, magic!
Last edited by Ultra999 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:08 am

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 am

Again Tiredchildren comes to save the day! :mrgreen:

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 am

Just don't go crazy with these things. Dunno how it's going to affect the overall board yet. If things go south, we may need to turn that bbcode off again.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:11 pm

TiredChildren wrote:Just don't go crazy with these things.

Good advice. Thanks very much James for your awesome stewardship of the site functionality.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Yes, thanks so much James for all your great work on the board. Not least for getting the email PM notifications working properly!
Post a reply