ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Feel free to say what you really think right here.
Post a reply

Can we get a dedicated forum for customization???

Tue May 24, 2016 5:52 am

Hey everybody,

It occurs to me that while not everyone in this hobby customizes or produces their own, there is a significantly large percentage that does. It would be useful to have a dedicated place on the board to talk shop and discuss pros and cons of various paints, techniques, and other such things. Things like Rich's tutorial on V-Color are invaluable, and it would be great to pull the strings as it were and consolidate things like that to a particular forum. How about it, Mods?

Re: Can we get a dedicated forum for customization???

Tue May 24, 2016 6:01 am

Yeah, that is... um... a puzzler. There is an actual entire subsection dedicated only to customs. Right there on the front page. And you are already on a single forum, so if you are asking for someone else to create another one, then I am just not even sure.

Also, could any mods reading this see about maybe putting a section for older toys? Like, a lot of people buy stuff from new makers on here, but I think some people might be into stuff that was made the olden times, like the '70s. And junk.

Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 am

Gadrylla wrote:Hey everybody,

It occurs to me that while not everyone in this hobby customizes or produces their own, there is a significantly large percentage that does. It would be useful to have a dedicated place on the board to talk shop and discuss pros and cons of various paints, techniques, and other such things. Things like Rich's tutorial on V-Color are invaluable, and it would be great to pull the strings as it were and consolidate things like that to a particular forum. How about it, Mods?

As ultrakaiju mentioned, there already is: http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=19

Since you referenced Rich's tutorial wouldn't that imply you must already know that? Are you asking for a whole new website? That would require a lot of maintenance and dedication and I don't see much incentive for the Super7 team or the SB Mods to make that happen seeing as the Custom Toys section here isn't all that active to begin with.

Tue May 24, 2016 11:39 am

***Retracted for unnecessary snark***

But this thread is still straight up doo-doo.

Tue May 24, 2016 3:25 pm

Just build your own forum ;)
Post a reply