ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Die-Cast to Jumbos
Post a reply

pegas talker

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:12 pm

im the moderator of the die cast section ? i dont know shit about die cast
other than they are cool and the people that i have met who collect them are even cooler . as you can see i love robots and jumbo machinders but you guys need to take me to school on die cast . keep the posts comming .

Re: pegas talker

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:31 pm

Hey,

Thats the toy Warren was playing with in of the video we did. Great toy.

I only have two talkers, The Grendizer and the Great Mazinga MIB, but always want more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22826138@N ... 230885676/

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:58 pm

hey josh

i was on the kimono rooftop when you guys were shooting that video .was that a vintage nordic track ? bet warren still has the box for that too .

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Hey Jim,

Yeah I recall you there. I think we tried to do a virtual trade. ;-)

Warren has like an unopened case of those vintage Nordic tracks. They are the rare hawaii color variant, so I don't know how much he is asking, but I can ask.

I mean they are not diecast, but they have plenty of chrome. Diecasters love chrome.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:18 pm

from what i hear vintage collectors of at home gym equipment are now calling him uncle warren . if you ever want to do a virtual trade josh , that jumbo you have your
mitts wrapped around would be a great start . are you the guy with the green ghost ?

Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Hah...I wish that Daiku was mine.It was a shot Matt Alt took of me in 2003 when we went to Forrest Gangu before they moved into their smaller location. I was tempted,but it had no box, and lucky for me my filter makes my collecting painfully s...l...o...w

Here is the set it is from.....there are a lot of vinyl shots as well which might interest you.

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Fea ... ges/Joshf/

Here is one you might like.... ;-)

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Fea ... 2.jpg.html

Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:02 am

vintagevinyl wrote:im the moderator of the die cast section ? i dont know shit about die cast

Well, technically, the forum is just called "Super Robots". No diecast necessarily involved. ;)

That's a great talker, Jim. Do any of the other talkers feature any action (like this missile firing Pegas)?

Josh, great pics of Forrest Gangu! BTW, I was in the background during the Skyping (dude with the long leather coat and goatee). Nice to informally meet you.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:52 am

Hey Myles, I know who you are ;-)

Ever since the article you wrote on TBDX "Life of a married collector" in 03'

But regardless, cool to see a face , even if it was virtual. I am sure the next event, I WILL be there.

Man I miss Forrest Gangu of olden days. Just not the same anymore.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 pm

That is too cool! I'm glad someone remembers that! That was my first involvement on any of these boards.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:38 am

As overpriced as Forrest Gangu may have been, it is missed.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 am

Yeah man, it was a bit overpriced , but they did have some great stuff. Anytime I would walk around there, I would love looking in the stock room, vintage deadstock stuff just stacked floor to ceiling.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Damnit Jim, why didn't you bring that thing upstairs? Argh!!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:18 am

didnt get the talker until sat night and i was heading out sun . guess you will just have to come over here . would like to thank erik and alen for dinner last week .after the kimono closing we all met up for dim sum and toy trading . believe me , KFC had nothing on this chicken !
Post a reply