ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Die-Cast to Jumbos
Post a reply

C10 in the motha fucking house!!

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:18 pm

From the infamous C10 Fraser collection:

Bitches..

Re: C10 in the motha fucking house!!

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:20 pm

glad to see the cga case finally came man.

They really suck at shipping on time.
;-)

I will meet your GA51 and raise you a GB24

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:55 am

Someone once asked...how come the die-cast guys don't really display their stuff. They just keep them in boxes...
My friend and I answered...it's because of the boxes. If you have a decent sized collection of die-cast toys and took them all out of their boxes to display them, it would take up a little more than double the space required. Of the few die-cast I have, the onlyl one's out of the box are the SoC toys. Until the Soc toys become rare, they will remain out of the box for me to play with :D

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:24 am

Actually that GB24 is out of the box. I display all my toys out of the box, but I do display the boxes as well. Compared to Erik, my collection is , like 1/10th, so he has less options and needs to be selective what is out unless he buys a bigger house.

The only toys I dont display out are the unopened deadstock stuff. it would be a shame to break the seal 35 years later. in that case, I just have multiples, and display the lesser conditioned one.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:33 am

Plus the boxes (artwork) are often as amazing as the toys.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:40 am

plastic cases around the boxes are a great idea . glad to see more die cast stuff showing up . as far as eriks ( brother love ) collection , i was lucky enough to see it in person . the only way to describe it is overwhelming .though i spent a lot of time looking at it i wish now i would have spent more time .

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:52 am

Diecast box art is just beautiful to me.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:07 am

gatchabert wrote:Someone once asked...how come the die-cast guys don't really display their stuff. They just keep them in boxes...
My friend and I answered...it's because of the boxes. If you have a decent sized collection of die-cast toys and took them all out of their boxes to display them, it would take up a little more than double the space required. Of the few die-cast I have, the onlyl one's out of the box are the SoC toys. Until the Soc toys become rare, they will remain out of the box for me to play with :D

Funny, I never used to keep my shit in boxes that is until it got out of control. Much like Josh said, I am at the mercy of space. I would need a room at least twice the size to display everything out of the box. I would prefer to have everything out so that I could appreciate each piece but I'm not holding my breath.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:31 am

That's a choice fucking collection, Fraser.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks man.

I like looking at the boxes all together, Its the colors or something.

I got to see Erik's though in person...I hear it is a bit overwhelming .

Guess i got collection size envy.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Well, you've got "quality" down pat. The problem with Sjoen is that he's got both quality AND quantity. That's not playing fair. I bet your boxes are in better shape than his though, Josh. ;)

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Josh F wrote:Guess i got collection size envy.

The box art is pretty cool. I think most of the packaging art from those times were really awesome.

As far as Erik's collection goes...all I gotta say is................. :shock:

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:26 pm

After years of dealing with header cards and clear bags, it's so cool to see box artwork.
Gorgeous cool packaging.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Well, you've got "quality" down pat. The problem with Sjoen is that he's got both quality AND quantity. That's not playing fair. I bet your boxes are in better shape than his though, Josh.

Haha..I am not comparing. ;-)

That would require me to take the collecting too seriously, and that would be no fun. All my toy boxes will be eventually destroyed in a land fill once I am dead, I am sure.

here are two toys only shots

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Jeez....that Denjin Zaborga tin is absolutely beautiful. And pieces like the Meisaku Astro Boy and the Popy Mach Baron are stellar....and will be hunted down by me someday.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:59 pm

we had the honor of checking out Eric's collection the other night.

i spent the first 10 minutes eyes wide open, mouth agape and dribble coming out...

:shock: :o :oops:

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Y'know, I've never actually handled that DX Gaiking/Daikumaryu set in person. Kinda ugly...in an ugly sorta way! :wink:

Didn't know you had that Grendy talker though, Josh...I'ma have to come by sometime and check that out!

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:25 pm

Dude, don't you live in Braintree? i am in South weymouth. So like what, 10 minutes away.

Anytime. Though I am sure you would like to see the Nihonto as well. The wak I bought those months ago is sick. Does not look Koto it is in such awesome shape/health.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:04 pm

both of your talkers are pure candy but whats up with the black robot in the background.
cant quite make it out . thanks for posting all these pics josh im really enjoying this .
go nagai robots rule the world !

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Josh F wrote:Dude, don't you live in Braintree? i am in South weymouth. So like what, 10 minutes away.

Anytime. Though I am sure you would like to see the Nihonto as well. The wak I bought those months ago is sick. Does not look Koto it is in such awesome shape/health.

What the fuck!? How did I not know that!? :P

Well, I live in Roslindale now, but that just adds another 15-20 minutes. We'll be in touch, man!

Can't wait to get my grubby, acid-strewn fingers all over your toushin...Mason-style! :wink:

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:46 am

"both of your talkers are pure candy but whats up with the black robot in the background.
cant quite make it out . thanks for posting all these pics josh im really enjoying this .
go nagai robots rule the world "!

I never saw this, sorry for not responding till now.

The black tin is a limited edition Osaka Tin toy / OHYA collaboration piece. Only 50 were made. Its basically the regular Batt Op in all black, with a great black on black sneaker style box. Sick toy.

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~robot/OT23black.html
http://www.robottoy.com/shop.html/

Below are images from the HK show in 06' I bought it from. I also met and spoke with the President of Osaka Tin Toys,Nobuo Kumagai. Great person. He invited me to the factory in Osaka next time I go there to see the toys being made. (wet dream)

http://collectiondx.com/gallery/Feature ... 9.JPG.html
http://collectiondx.com/gallery/Feature ... 0.JPG.html
http://collectiondx.com/gallery/Feature ... 2.JPG.html

;-)

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:22 am

thanks for posting those pics josh . how did you like osaka ?

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:15 am

Hi Jim,

Actually I did not get out to Osaka this time out. I was only in Tokyo, Kyoto and Nara. My trip was vacation based with my gf, and I wanted to make it a more oldskool trip for her this time. So very little in terms of toys. She stayed in Osaka herself when she got there ( I was in Taiwan for work at the time) and she said she liked it, but ended up backpacking to some more remote areas. But that said, here are a few shots I took when we were in Nakano/Shibuya Mandarake. (whose selection and prices were somewhat underwhelming at best )

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Cool store pics! Man I love that Dragun talker. The film noir style venitian blinds in the chest totally make that one for me...

I wish we could make out the price on the Diaplon "Space Clear." I've had several of those and it seems to be impossible to find one in a decent box.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:01 pm

I was hoping I had a higher up shot so I could tell you.

Sadly this is the only other shot I have of that part of the case Robert. ;-( Worse than the first one to see the price. I am sure it will be there when Erik goes there.

I am sure it was more than what you want to pay, the prices there were certainly on the higher side than I remember last year.
Post a reply