ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Post a reply

Acroyear Amazon = Microman + Vinyl

Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:14 am

After months of being buried in work I finally have time to dive back into photography. And I've managed to score some figures that were my faves when I was a kid: Acroyear Amazons.

These are just the best damned figures never released in the U.S. The crystal heads. The spinning cutter wings with the crazy patterns. And the vinyl sidekick.

Only showing the blue one that I have with his vinyl companion and the green one. Will post some other pics of the red one I have with his monster in the next week or so. Check out some other loose figures I posted in my Flickr stream.

Re: Acroyear Amazon = Microman + Vinyl

Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:35 am

Definitely some of the coolest Microman toys.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Wow these are Bizzare. I have no recollection of these and I was pretty diehard micronaut kid. When were they released? Love em tho~ Thanks for more great pics

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks! They were Japanese only Microman releases. No way these would ever get released by Mego for the Micronauts since they are so elaborate, colorful in that way that Japanese color schemes are just “crazy” and they came with that vinyl figure.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:19 am

Those are so damn cool!

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:20 pm

we need to convince takara to let gargamel do new vinyls of the amazons.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:44 am

That's going to be tough with the Takara Tomy x Convex x Secret Base deal going on :( One day license could work though, possibly

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:27 am

Whats the deal with Secret Base?

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:42 pm

efp3 wrote:Whats the deal with Secret Base?

You can see the details in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23741

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Yeah, but what does that collab have to do with Gargamel who has done vinyl Microman stuff before?

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 am

MicromanZone wrote:Yeah, but what does that collab have to do with Gargamel who has done vinyl Microman stuff before?

As I said a one day license could still work. Gargamel has only ever produced Takara related vinyl with the show license, no regular releases. For regular released Takara Tomy is currently using Secret Base (previously Takara had only done regular releases on the vintage and newer robotman vinyls, I'm not sure who made those) making them using or allowing a regular vinyl release from a different company highly unlikely.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 pm

those little vinyls are wild!
Post a reply