ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Paying Hommage to The Header Card

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:50 pm

I searched the board and did not see a thread that pays hommage to the header card.

There are some headers that are just your standard fair.....then there are some that really put a lot of detail and artist value into each release.

I would like to create a thread to show the diverse artist value that header cards give to the packaging of a figure no matter how big or small.

Attached is my list of header cards that I have put together (more to come shortly).......feel free to show headers that give artistic expression or lack there of....

Enjoy

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/ ... 20Artwork/

Re: Paying Hommage to The Header Card

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:44 pm

awesome collection! have you ever used flickr? Nice place to group photos. I am a huge fan of the vintage stuff.

I'll have to get some of my images together for this thread. I've often wished there was a singular place you could go and look at it all.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:51 pm

My personal award for most lack of artistic expression goes to (drumroll) Longneck... anyone agree?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:02 pm

what drunkboy release did that header come with? yellow?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:29 pm

oniclub wrote:what drunkboy release did that header come with? yellow?

Yes - It came with the yellow Drunk Boy

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Thanks, I seen the original print the header is based off a while ago it has the oni's head floating above a bridge.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:43 pm

oniclub wrote:Thanks, I seen the original print the header is based off a while ago it has the oni's head floating above a bridge.

Any idea who the original artist is of the Oni?

Greasebat - Yeah I have been told I should open account on Flicker but already have this account....need to look at the benefits of moving all my pics over ...other then everyone else uses the service.

Also would love to see more of your vintage Headers....this one looks to be in great shape

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:01 pm

I LOVE the header card and in some cases as much as the figure. I keep mine in photo albums for the most part. These are older pictures I posted before. I'll take some of my favorites and post later as well:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm

This is a nice idea. I guess we all have tons of headers and it would be interesting to photograph the most unique ones.

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Mark, the headers are slick, but the Android print on the back of that Bee is killing me. Double cast teal with glow, based on the feet?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:02 pm

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:Image

What figure is this header card for?

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:09 pm

It's only a portion but the rest is just all black. Death Phantom, the clear yellow with GID inside from Halloween a few years back.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:06 am

That Death Phantom header is sweet BD. Is it a silkscreen?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:56 am

Secret Base has some really cool headers. If I get my scanner working, I'll post some of my favorites. The M1 Bullmark repro trikes are really awesome....but they're more box than header.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 am

This has been a favorite of mine, since Pus finds it funny that I like 2 things that are seemingly contradictory:

Big Eye cute stuff, and his artwork. Therefore my pirate came with this additional bonus item when I bought it from him.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:17 am

Greasebat- love the ultra family header. Here are some vintage header cards I have hanging around

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:22 am

living dead wrote:I LOVE the header card and in some cases as much as the figure. I keep mine in photo albums for the most part. These are older pictures I posted before. I'll take some of my favorites and post later as well:

HANDPAINT!!!!!

8)

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:02 am

Just a few more of my favorites -

Tim Biskup Zag:

Camo Zag:

Pushead:

TMNT mini RxH:

SLYANDROBBY Brain:

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:38 am

Wow, that TMNT header is waaaaaaay cooler than the toys were.
Every time I see those TMNT minis I want to punch the screen to make it go away.
But the header kind of calms those emotions ever so slightly.
I feel similarly towards the Sesame St minis actually.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:42 am

sick header cards mark.

8)

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:54 am

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:57 am

The Dokuro Taro card is 100% the best thing there.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:29 am

Bemon headers are pretty rad as well!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:29 am

Anraku - Glutamine

Anraku - Goga

Anraku - Mesukarugon

Bemon
Post a reply