ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Die-Cast to Jumbos
Post a reply

New Jumbo Voltrons by Toynami

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:50 am

Well, these sure aren't vintage...but where else am I gonna post this??? :P

Okay, the details: 2-foot tall Voltron I and III. Chinese vinyl. "Realistic" sculpts--not traditional Jumbo Machinder stove-pipe limbs. Shooty fist gimmicks. I assume they'll come with their respective blazing swords.

Much more here. Discuss.

Last edited by Sanjeev on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New Jumbo Voltrons by Toynami

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm

My favorite thing about Voltron is that it defends THE UNIVERSE. I'm glad I don't have that job.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

very cool. I saw their booth at Toy Fair, but they have a it pretty well guarded, so I couldn't get a good look at Voltrton

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm

:shock: Yes, there IS a ToyGod.. :shock:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Oh man. Thats gonna break my bank, but vehicle voltron was always my favorite. Is anyplace pre-ordering this?

phil

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Not yet...not to my knowledge.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of coverage of these things when they come out, though. I wouldn't worry about missing out...

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:05 am

This is fantastic...wow! I have no idea where I'm going to put it, but I think I need to start making space for one of these guys. Besides the fond childhood memories, Voltron/GoLion has always been one of my absolute favorite robot designs. I mean, giant robot cats that combine to form an even bigger robot with a ridiculous sword, it's perfect. (That sword heavily influenced the way I drew all my weapons as a kid, every doodle had guys wielding blades with impractical crazy winged tips.)

It looks like the sculpt will match to the Toynami 9" vinyl (seen below in the terribly lit photo next to a few of the 80's versions.) I couldn't resist picking it up a while back, and it's actually a pretty fun piece. I do wish the hands weren't solid, but I'm glad to hear that the jumbo version will have hollow hands and the ability to hold weapons.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:39 am

I don't suppose anyone's heard any updates about this project? Last I heard, Toynami's rights to Voltron is actually expiring very soon. Now, add to that the fact that a new Voltron cartoon is coming soon...with Mattel being awarded full toy-production licensing, I just don't know where that leaves Toynami...

Oh...and now, Most Wanted, an obscure Chinese toy company, is making a diecast Dairugger XV (Voltron I) toy...yeesh...

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:47 am

Did this actually get released? Where?

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am

COOP wrote:Did this actually get released? Where?

Psst... read the post above yours. No release yet, and news is lacking.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:33 pm

I've been digging around and haven't been able to find a single bit of new info about this, but I'm still holding out hope that these will be produced. In the meantime, I'll keep dreaming about owning one of these:

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:55 pm

anyone who went to SDCC get a chance to check out the Jumbo Voltrons at the Toynami booth?

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 am

Yup...Rainbot at TBDX posted some great info. Check about 3/4 of the way down on this page.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:54 pm

thanks for the link! can't wait for these to drop

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:06 am

I just hope they DO drop. I believe Toynami's license runs out at the end of the year...

Thu May 19, 2011 1:39 am

This is probably old news but these have been on preorder at BBTS for months.

Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am

Huh...I got my Dairugger a few weeks ago offa Amazon.com ($209 shipped!!).

Also...I hear some asshole's making a Blazing Sword! :wink:

Thu May 19, 2011 10:31 am

Vintango wrote:Image

is the version on the right transformable? who made it?

Thu May 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Nah, that's the Popy ST, Kirkland. Great toy, but no gattai...
Post a reply