ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Topic locked

Re: Angora Patio

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:09 am

haha. Amen to jumping hoops for the toys you love. A bitter long hunt makes a mighty sweet score. I have to agree Pushead is one of the very very few who i would like to see paint a nag. I love them bloody black lekkerNAGs kaaspannekoek.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am

Martoy Black wrote:haha. Amen to jumping hoops for the toys you love. A bitter long hunt makes a mighty sweet score. I have to agree Pushead is one of the very very few who i would like to see paint a nag. I love them bloody black lekkerNAGs kaaspannekoek.

Stop eyeing them lekker nags with your zaadvragende ogen :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:52 am

:lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:57 am

that's an awesome collab! What a nice surprise :)
I would love to see some close-ups of the paint job.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:32 am

The paint on that Pus Nag looks disappointingly muddy.

I wonder if Pus' drips and rubs work better on smoother textures?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Someone posted this somewhere else and well...

IggyNagIggyNag

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 pm

turtletooth wrote:The paint on that Pus Nag looks disappointingly muddy.

That one on display was more of a tester to see how the paint he put on would hold on Shig's paint application. The finished product will look different.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Creepiest image ever made ......

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Hahaha, thats awesome.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Any sight or word of the Warhol Nags at SDCC?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm

I Am The Fourth wrote:Any sight or word of the Warhol Nags at SDCC?

Im wondering the same exact thing, its killing me...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm

JORDAN23 wrote:
turtletooth wrote:The paint on that Pus Nag looks disappointingly muddy.

That one on display was more of a tester to see how the paint he put on would hold on Shig's paint application. The finished product will look different.

Good to hear. I was actually quite surprised by the picture. The collaboration is exciting and it's great to hear that that was only a test paint. It did really stand out like other pushead toys.

Speaking of which I don't have any pushead toys/prints etc but I've always been absolutely amazed at the level of work he does. Mind blowing on some levels. I'm always in awe when board members take pictures.

I can't wait to see what he does with the toy.

And fuck those mixed parts toys are amazing.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:40 pm

I Am The Fourth wrote:Any sight or word of the Warhol Nags at SDCC?

Are these supposed to be @ SDCC? I thought the lottery was already over.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

There is a separate run of warhol nags for SDCC, some unpainted gid with warhol wigs i think.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:47 pm

dxxe wrote:There is a separate run of warhol nags for SDCC, some unpainted gid with warhol wigs i think.

No one ever said they were for SDCC, that was assumed (though not a totally illogical assumption.) Where were whigs mentioned? Did I miss like a whole 2 pages? All I ever saw were the 2 COOP posted and then the 1 offs there was just a lottery for. Do we need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat up in here?

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I do think i've jumped to an SDCC conclusion, but i definitely read some with wigs somewhere.
I think...

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Also.. Were we allowed to enter both lotteries? Or just one or the other? I played it safe and only entered for one of the versions.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:57 pm

I Knew wigs were mentioned somewhere!

http://www.toybotstudios.com/2011/07/na ... -heat.html

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:21 am

I forgot when the emails were going out?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 am

according to the site didn't emails go out already?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:02 am

It originally said the 24th. It's now the 24th in Japan. From my experience that's a loose date, dude seems to get to it when he gets to it. Even the website's "EMAIL TIME" messages never seem to be TOTALLY accurate. I go by someone here posting "OMG :twisted: " or something to know they hit. There's usually at least ONE. Then the rest don't say and flip them or don't want to be hammered by "if you wanna sell it" pm's.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:17 am

:mrgreen: :shock: OMG!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

just kiddin'

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:42 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks BD, maybe I will get lucky again :) *everything crossed*

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:28 am

Damn...

And it sounds like the Nags are loose on the SDCC floor.

Tweet from COOP:
ARTofCOOP: @toybotstudios One of the guys dressed like Boba Fett has nags for sale, but you have to find the right one and give him a BJ #blowbafett

:lol:
Topic locked