ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 85  Next
 MISHKA 
S7 Royalty

Post Re: MISHKA
noted and updated :wink:

eckotyper wrote:
$30 overdraft is better than flipper prices!

Twitter: Toysaresanity
Wants:http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38807

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Super Deformed

coma21 wrote:
noted and updated \":wink:\"

\":twisted:\" \":twisted:\" \":twisted:\"

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm
Line of Credit

I can't really say I'm shocked..

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:28 pm
S7 Royalty

Rich wrote:
wingnut0 wrote:
dago wrote:
You was right! there is one already on ebay up for sale, I can't believe it!

That's busizem isn't it? What's not to believe?

Yup it's him. Maybe you can give him a piece of your mind when he's sleeping out front of FOE in august

We can always prevent him from buying stuff no?

Instagram: Grizlli_Atom

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:21 pm
Super Deformed

Grizlli wrote:

My thoughts exactly -- You would think MISHKA and co. would be able to do that. That's assuming they would even care to do that though (I've heard that they don't). Regardless, it was only a matter of time before one got flipped, but a little more vigilance would have kept something out of a known flipper's hands.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:26 pm
Comment King

I'm not a fan of the bootleg, and frankly I'm perplexed and suspect by the sudden demand, but that is some seriously low life shit by busizem... if our sources are correct.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Mini Boss

bansheebot wrote:
Grizlli wrote:

My thoughts exactly -- You would think MISHKA and co. would be able to do that. That's assuming they would even care to do that though (I've heard that they don't). Regardless, it was only a matter of time before one got flipped, but a little more vigilance would have kept something out of a known flipper's hands.

yea good luck with that, don't forget, these guys get stuff, "hand delivered".

:twisted: :twisted:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:14 pm
S7 Royalty

Ha Ha Hype.

GJM,B! store

Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Addicted

If someone is already flipping this that is pretty annoying
But I can't stop people from doing it. I'll try though. Doesnt mean that
People won't flip ship one day.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

On a more positive note wait to you see what we have for sdcc!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

Greg Mishka wrote:
If someone is already flipping this that is pretty annoying
But I can't stop people from doing it. I'll try though. Doesnt mean that
People won't flip ship one day.

I love what you do..but..this seller is the one that's flipped a bunch of your bootlegs. Listing the skinner bootleg for 1200 etc. He's been banned from skullbrain for trying to rip off people (ask COOP)...but it might be hard to stop him. Joel says he's a stand up guy though. :roll:

MOCKBATPOCALYPSE BATS/THRASHOUT

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:59 pm
Post Pimp

I remember when flippers had the decency to wait a couple of weeks before going to ebay :lol:

John - STFU and go play with your Bearbricks!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 pm
Addicted

Greg Mishka wrote:
On a more positive note wait to you see what we have for sdcc!

Any way to reserve a few for a SB lottery?

Instagram : Shiddy_Rich

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 pm
Side Dealer

i have some mixed feelings...

I hate flippers, but they happen everywhere. Even on here via PM. Folks hate it if someone buys something to flip and I get that, folks also hate it if someone buys something to use as trade bait. that part I get a little bit, but at the same time I dont because honestly theres too much bitching on this board. We all can't get what we want... believe me I've been after the NYCC RC since the day it dropped, and others are just far out of my price range.
The next point that comes to mind is, is Sam flipping the bootleg? He started it off at $1... had noone bidded on it he would of taken a $549 + sales tax loss no? We as a community are basing what this straggler bootleg is worth by bidding on it. I say we because I bet there is at least 1-2 people that are on this board, bidding on this auction. So its hard to point the finger at one person, and wish it would'nt happen. However at the same time, be bidding on the auction in question.
Im not saying that Sam is right, nor wrong. I can only judge him from the past transactions i've did with him. He's slept out overnight for me, in some pretty bad NY weather. He even went recently to grab some sneakers I could not grasp my hands on here in CA, and didnt charge me a penny over what they cost him. He even helped out in nabbing me a 1/1 cadaver kid from foe, windy city cadaver kid, pea soup stumpless pirate, all at retail, not .1 over markup. So in my eyes, thats where i'm at a loss. I'm pretty sure a good percentage of us can state the we have sold something over the $ amount that we paid for said item?
Some of the rules here I agree with, but some are just too fine of a line. When is it okay to put a toy up for trade bait? When that place in time comes that it is okay to put up for trade bait do we really know if that said person really was trying to simply trade a item that they really adore for something new. Or were they just smart, and grabbed a hot item, and put it on the back burner to allow that allotted time to pass before placing said item up for trade bait?

We all are going to gaze over at eBay from time to time... if some of us choose to bid on those items, then we should know what we are in for and paying overpriced... and shouldn't bicker. No one is forcing us to enter that bid. I honestly have waited patiently for many of the items in my collection, waited patiently to see them on the B/S/T here, or sign on to an awesome PM that the item I had been looking for being offered to me.

I speak all of this because I know for the most part this is a tight knit group. However at the same time, there is more shit to worry about then what another person is doing OUTSIDE OF THESE BOARDS.

Be glad you aren't a sneaker geek like me. You think this 'Flipper' debate goes well on those forums? No people will yap, but it's like they have no voice... because it happens with any type of tangible item that is collectible. If it's collectible it has value. supply and demand. We that don't agree to that should stick to this site, and not engage in transactions on eBay for Sofubi. and like I said above, if we choose to do so... we made that choice to pay a premium price for said item, not anyone else.

now the board side of me...

oh yah sam, your a dick for flipping this!... Mine is staying in my Office :P

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:25 pm
Super Deformed

Yes flipping sucks! :evil:

Always a good sign...
Quote:
Opened only to confirm condition

Bought just to turn around all sell to the highest bidder! LAME!

KFHC

KEVLO flickr

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

EBIII wrote:
probably will go for less than the thanos bootleg...

wait until shill bidding by pyro begins.

any art or specialized transport in nyc call fritz! ...........want nothing

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:02 am
Post Pimp

eckotyper wrote:

I hate flippers, but they happen everywhere. Even on here via PM. Folks hate it if someone buys something to flip and I get that, folks also hate it if someone buys something to use as trade bait. that part I get a little bit, but at the same time I dont because honestly theres too much bitching on this board. We all can't get what we want... believe me I've been after the NYCC RC since the day it dropped, and others are just far out of my price range.
The next point that comes to mind is, is Sam flipping the bootleg? He started it off at $1... had noone bidded on it he would of taken a $549 + sales tax loss no? We as a community are basing what this straggler bootleg is worth by bidding on it. I say we because I bet there is at least 1-2 people that are on this board, bidding on this auction. So its hard to point the finger at one person, and wish it would'nt happen. However at the same time, be bidding on the auction in question.
Im not saying that Sam is right, nor wrong. I can only judge him from the past transactions i've did with him. He's slept out overnight for me, in some pretty bad NY weather. He even went recently to grab some sneakers I could not grasp my hands on here in CA, and didnt charge me a penny over what they cost him. He even helped out in nabbing me a 1/1 cadaver kid from foe, windy city cadaver kid, pea soup stumpless pirate, all at retail, not .1 over markup. So in my eyes, thats where i'm at a loss. I'm pretty sure a good percentage of us can state the we have sold something over the $ amount that we paid for said item?
Some of the rules here I agree with, but some are just too fine of a line. When is it okay to put a toy up for trade bait? When that place in time comes that it is okay to put up for trade bait do we really know if that said person really was trying to simply trade a item that they really adore for something new. Or were they just smart, and grabbed a hot item, and put it on the back burner to allow that allotted time to pass before placing said item up for trade bait?

We all are going to gaze over at eBay from time to time... if some of us choose to bid on those items, then we should know what we are in for and paying overpriced... and shouldn't bicker. No one is forcing us to enter that bid. I honestly have waited patiently for many of the items in my collection, waited patiently to see them on the B/S/T here, or sign on to an awesome PM that the item I had been looking for being offered to me.

I speak all of this because I know for the most part this is a tight knit group. However at the same time, there is more shit to worry about then what another person is doing OUTSIDE OF THESE BOARDS.

Be glad you aren't a sneaker geek like me. You think this 'Flipper' debate goes well on those forums? No people will yap, but it's like they have no voice... because it happens with any type of tangible item that is collectible. If it's collectible it has value. supply and demand. We that don't agree to that should stick to this site, and not engage in transactions on eBay for Sofubi. and like I said above, if we choose to do so... we made that choice to pay a premium price for said item, not anyone else.

"Real Talk" as one would might say, and kind-of totally expresses my exact thoughts on it all.

Now, lets move on to SDCC shall we!
8)

Last edited by I Am The Fourth on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:54 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Anyone defending him just gets lumped into my mind with him.
I'm sure the huge ebay sales don't hurt the original retail market at all either.

eckotyper wrote:

GJM,B! store

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 am
Super Deformed

eckotyper wrote:

... only because you've dealt with said flipper on numerous occasions and he's hooked you up and is your buddy, is what you're getting at. You're obviously biased and it doesn't matter.

This likening vinyl toys to sneakers thing again? What. I feel like I'm on a certain different message board where all the toys actually wear sneakers. Best of both worlds.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:44 am
Toy Prince

I'm still over $800 out for the money he took from me for a commission by SEEN. So frankly F him.

"stand up guy" my f u c k i n g a r s e

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

@Ecko, maybe he's doing these nice things for you.. to get something out of it.. theres a reason ive been wary and avoiding these guys since KR

5&A Dime
VinylPulse
Super7
S7xSD IG

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

Never trust a Hippy!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:57 am
Side Dealer

Words to live by!

Wanted | For Sale | Trade Bait

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 am
Post Pimp

eckotyper wrote:
The next point that comes to mind is, is Sam flipping the bootleg? He started it off at $1... had noone bidded on it he would of taken a $549 + sales tax loss no?

I don't believe for a second that this guy would have let this thing go for anything less than a huge profit. If you believe he would have just sat back and let it close at a loss...I have some land to sell you. When this was put up, whether it was starting at $0 or a BIN of $1200, the seller knew what he was looking for.

Yes the buyer who pays a hefty price for it is indeed fueling the flip and is partially responsible but it doesn't relieve the seller of any responsibility in the matter.

Honestly I don't think that much about flipping since everyone does it at one time or another but I understand when people are peeved at the more blatant ones. Let it be and don't try to make it seem like it's holier than other flips.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 pm
Side Dealer

I never said it was holier, I never even said I felt what he was doing was okay... Point blank we all knew this was going to happen, regardless if it was Sam or someone else. A bettng man would easily say that another one will probably be up for sale as soon as it lands at someones doorstep. I think we all should just personally enjoy what we have, and not bicker what we cant have.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 85  Next