ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
S7 Royalty

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
Lalo wrote:
I Am The Fourth wrote:
Anyone playing anything interesting lately?

I've been addicted to Tiny Tower on my phone. 42floors now.

love that game.
i'm at 94 floors now!

What are you guys' GameCentre IDs? I'm still petitetoilonrouge (and at 180 floors...). If you like Tiny Tower, you should check out Pocket Planes, NB's new game. A bit more strategy, even though you still can't lose...

Oh, and if you have a PS3, you -have- to get Journey. It's amazing. It's moving. It's one of the best games I've played ever. Definitely an Art Game.

Finally, I don't know if it's still up, but you also -have- to get Humble Bundle V, which includes Limbo, Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery, Braid, Super Meat Boy and a few others for however much you want to give. You get the soundtracks too! And you can choose for part of the money to go to charity! Ain't it perfect?

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 am
Mini Boss

180 floors!!! Insane! Didn't think there were that many businesses
gamecenter id: lalosoda

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Pocket planes is fun other then the fact it somehow glitched and linked my wife's game on my phone...i lost all my progress..but somehow in the glitch it gave me 250bucks! So my wife was surprised when she woke up and I had bought a helicopter and 4person plane.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:03 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Lalo wrote:

There's only 161 businesses/appts, but you can keep building empty floors for the upcoming update (this summer, apparently)... Once you're all 9/3 stars, I update it once or twice a day and money piles on...

Deadboy is at 162 floors and Cliff at 155...

Oh and I am passively playing Dream Heights too if any one is on there. It's not as good as Tiny Tower, but it -is- yet another way to lose time, grow old, and think "why am I wasting my life like this?".

I'm at level 16 in Pocket Planes. Don't have any of the fancy choppers or what not yet. My crew is #Toucharcade because, well, it will win everything, right? :)

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am
Post Pimp

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
Lalo wrote:
I Am The Fourth wrote:
Anyone playing anything interesting lately?

I've been addicted to Tiny Tower on my phone. 42floors now.

love that game.
i'm at 94 floors now!

What are you guys' GameCentre IDs? I'm still petitetoilonrouge (and at 180 floors...). If you like Tiny Tower, you should check out Pocket Planes, NB's new game. A bit more strategy, even though you still can't lose...

Oh, and if you have a PS3, you -have- to get Journey. It's amazing. It's moving. It's one of the best games I've played ever. Definitely an Art Game.

Finally, I don't know if it's still up, but you also -have- to get Humble Bundle V, which includes Limbo, Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery, Braid, Super Meat Boy and a few others for however much you want to give. You get the soundtracks too! And you can choose for part of the money to go to charity! Ain't it perfect?

Yeah, I thought the game maxed out at 100. Wow, this addiction just got worse. I'm going to be dead by the time I "finish" this game. :P

And funny you brought up Journey!
I just had a "indie gaming" weekend.
I played through Journey, in one sitting, and was blown away. I think it might have gotten a place in my top 10 games of all time! The graphics, the mood, the music, the atmosphere and, well, the "journey" was just jaw-dropping outstanding and incredible. Love it all. It reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus with Flower. And the last act was mind-blowing. Love, love love.
Then I played Limbo. I was mixed. Love the art stye, but thought the game was 30mins to long and the repetitive dying got a bit tiring. Neat game, but no Journey.

Then I watched Indie Gaming The Movie. GREAT documentary, with a good insight on the struggle of making an indie game, and now I want to play Super Meat Boy and Braid!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

Just recently got all 300 of my bitizens 9 rating in dream jobs, so as of now the tower is complete. I'm trying to get sucked into Pocket Planes but I don't have that same compulsive neurosis as Tiny Tower.
Is dream height the Zygna rip-off? Zygna needs to be sued into oblivion, unfortunately the companies whose properties are being stolen are microscopic in comparison to Zyngas bankroll.

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
Lalo wrote:

There's only 161 businesses/appts, but you can keep building empty floors for the upcoming update (this summer, apparently)... Once you're all 9/3 stars, I update it once or twice a day and money piles on...

Deadboy is at 162 floors and Cliff at 155...

Oh and I am passively playing Dream Heights too if any one is on there. It's not as good as Tiny Tower, but it -is- yet another way to lose time, grow old, and think "why am I wasting my life like this?".

I'm at level 16 in Pocket Planes. Don't have any of the fancy choppers or what not yet. My crew is #Toucharcade because, well, it will win everything, right? :)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

deadboy wrote:
I'm trying to get sucked into Pocket Planes but I don't have that same compulsive neurosis as Tiny Tower.

I agree. It actually feels more like "playing" than TT, so it requires a bit more time every session...

deadboy wrote:
Is dream height the Zygna rip-off? Zygna needs to be sued into oblivion, unfortunately the companies whose properties are being stolen are microscopic in comparison to Zyngas bankroll.

It is. I refused playing it for a long time, but then I bent my ethics and thought "if I don't give them any money...". I don't know why they don't/didn't sue them though. Someone here works for Zynga, maybe he knows more? Still, apparently TT itself was also copied on something else...

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 am
Comment King

been cracking out on pokemon conquest, it's the first time in years I've picked up a pokemon game as they have become stale to say the least, this one is a breath of fresh air, a pretty solid tactics game with a handful of simulation type location growth/mining elements, also I was afraid the play factor other than 2 player would be dead after beating the initial storyline not so much :P any fan of the poke world or tactics games should try it out, definately a solid purchase for the price

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:00 am
Vintage

How long did it take to get at least 50 towers?

MOCKBATPOCALYPSE BATS/THRASHOUT

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 am
Post Pimp

bryce_r wrote:
How long did it take to get at least 50 towers?

Taking me a month or so. Of course, I'm playing it as casual as I can/ Restock in the morning, afternoon and night. Then let it all ride out.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
Still, apparently TT itself was also copied on something else...

TT is 'inspired by' SimTower, a creation of the ineffable Yoot Saito. However there is a gulf between TT and SimTower. Lots of improvements were made, the game was sped up, the controls were re-worked for iOS, cartoony characters introduced, etc.

Zynga brought nothing new to the table and pretty much cloned TT. Mark Pincus is lame as hell.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:43 am
S7 Royalty

Onion wrote:
Zynga brought nothing new to the table and pretty much cloned TT. Mark Pincus is lame as hell.

Oh he brought something new: you could play TT for free, whereas there is no way to get "bucks" without buying them in DH, and it's night impossible to buy anything with hearts. I mean, just to get the third elevator in DH would cost you $4! The fourth $6.50 and the fifth is $10. So they want you to pay $20 for minor upgrades on a phone game. Seriously?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 pm
Toy Prince

I'm trying to play through all the 'great' SNES games. On Earthbound right now. I hop back on Steam every so often for Binding of Isaac.

I got them wants in spades.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Mini Boss

megaman x on that list? :)

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Lalo wrote:

You better believe it! Already beat it, got all the parts, ryuken'd for the gold. I'll probably wind up playing all of the Megaman X games, they're just a lot of fun.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Mini Boss

antithesis816 wrote:
Lalo wrote:

You better believe it! Already beat it, got all the parts, ryuken'd for the gold. I'll probably wind up playing all of the Megaman X games, they're just a lot of fun.

Nice!
1 is best but 2 and 3 are great as well!

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

antithesis816 wrote:
I'm trying to play through all the 'great' SNES games. On Earthbound right now. I hop back on Steam every so often for Binding of Isaac.

You're in for a treat. A real treat. Earthbound (aka Mother 2) and Mother 3 are constantly duking it out as my favorite. Savor it!

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:30 am
Comment King

Got Lollipop Chainsaw because I love Grasshopper. It's exactly what I wanted, mindless fun, chainsaws, and an over the top story involving a cheerleading zombie killer.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

Onion wrote:
antithesis816 wrote:

You're in for a treat. A real treat. Earthbound (aka Mother 2) and Mother 3 are constantly duking it out as my favorite. Savor it!

I just moved the stone in Tenda Village. Before this I beat Super Mario RPG and thought that was just great, but this, man Earthbound is in another league. I can't put my finger on why I like this game so much, I just know that I do. A lot.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Lalo wrote:
antithesis816 wrote:
Lalo wrote:

Nice!
1 is best but 2 and 3 are great as well!

1 and 3 are totally awesome
and it's not on the SNES but I liked 4 so much every once in a while I'd play through it in a single sitting
the "Xtreme" games for the gameboy color are also some of my favorite portable games

damaged Bryan wrote:
Got Lollipop Chainsaw because I love Grasshopper. It's exactly what I wanted, mindless fun, chainsaws, and an over the top story involving a cheerleading zombie killer.

I haven't tried this game yet but I want to mostly because of Tara Strong voicing the cheerleader

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm
Line of Credit

damaged Bryan wrote:

Same here, just quickly tried it though as I'm finishing off Batman AC and just started Dragon's Dogma. Looks pretty good and fun, really like the Rockin' Jelly Bean look and feel :)

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:16 pm
Post Pimp

Man, I've been meaning to pick up that game. Good to see some other Grasshopper fans on here. On of my favorite game developers (Next to Kojima Productions).
Killer7 being one of my favorites, and No More Heroes a runner-up (I still need to play NMH2!), I have to say I've been disappointed lately in Suda51's games. Shadows of the Damned was alright, felt like more of a chore sometimes. Had some great concepts, but too long and shallow, and annoying enemies. And I feel like Lollipop will be the same way. BUT, at the same time, I still love his games. Its like, even his bad games are good? Haha

Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

No More Heroes was one of my favorite games ever.
No More Heroes 2 made me a sad panda.
Killer 7 I hated the first time I played it and then it just clicked like whoa, and I've been a Suda fan ever since.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

damaged Bryan wrote:
No More Heroes was one of my favorite games ever.
No More Heroes 2 made me a sad panda.
Killer 7 I hated the first time I played it and then it just clicked like whoa, and I've been a Suda fan ever since.

Dude yeah. Killer7 is still a game I don't think that will ever be replicated. So bizarre, taboo and badass. Ending was a mindf*** too!

No More Heroes was like Suda's Kill Bill. Everything in it and was awesome. Great ending also. Fourth wall breaking to the max!

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Mini Boss

Correction!
My gamecenter ID is Lalo.Soda

Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 101  Next