ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Resin Heads have a home of their own.
Post a reply

Re: King Swine

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Guf's King Swine @ Designer Con 2012
(Image Courtesy of Vinyl Pulse. More Pics & Info Here : http://www.vinylpulse.com/2012/11/paul-kaiju-guf-stuf-and-butcher-brand-designer-con.html#more)

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Here's what I want to know, who bought that amazing brown 1 before I even got to see it?

Amazing work Guf, these are painted brilliantly in person.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 pm

^ really liking the eyes on that brown one!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:07 am

Thank you!

Having fun with a Godzilla diorama I built for some Kaiyodo kits, KS fits pretty good on it.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 pm

ah! he looks really great with the scale...

nice.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:26 am

Ha, that's Great! I'd love to see more toys in pics like this. Beautiful Grey scale, by the way.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:08 am

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:53 am

^ :D mmmmmm lemon lime bacon!

Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:35 am

Ha, that has just become the official title of mine's colorway! :D

I can't express how much I enjoy this piece, Guf. And I'm glad I can tell you this directly, well, E-directly.

I'm so damn plum happy w' my King Swine, and him being rotocast resin doesn't turn me off at all (same goes for my Tattoo Royale "Larry"), as I'm sure you've no doubt heard various feedback about this. Actually, man, for my own knowledge (& any readers) - Why did you make the decision to go the rotocast resin route instead of vinyl? And Do you have any plans to move King Swine to vinyl?

Honestly, I'm COMPLETELY Satisfied with him in this medium, & where so many are producing vinyl or hard resin pieces, it definitely adds a bit to your signature too. But yeah, he feels awesome in hand, and like vinyl works, with the interior being hollow, it definitely adds to this. One thing I've noticed too is that where so many articulated resin pieces seem a little sloppy around the joint areas (Skinner x Deadbear Studio's "The Outsider" comes to mind), well that isn't the case here AT ALL! You so obviously put a ton of care into making King Swine & it definitely shows, Guf!

Even though I feel lucky enough to have the 1, I absolutely want to add another to the family eventually. Perhaps one to contrast mine (like think good guy / bad guy). OH, Guf, do you happen to have any extra header cards from the Designer Con releases?! The artwork rocked & It'd be Great to have 1 for mine, which there wasn't one for then.

K, well I just wanted to share my fondness for the monster pig with ya. Can't wait to see the next batch Image

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 am

I love the fact its rotocast. The first time I picked one up I was confused on why it was so light. I wish my figures were that way. Anyways great sculpt and paint on all of these. As soon as the holidays are over I want to pick one up.

boo velvet wrote:Ha, that has just become the official title of mine's colorway! :D

I can't express how much I enjoy this piece, Guf. And I'm glad I can tell you this directly, well, E-directly.

I'm so damn plum happy w' my King Swine, and him being rotocast resin doesn't turn me off at all (same goes for my Tattoo Royale "Larry"), as I'm sure you've no doubt heard various feedback about this. Actually, man, for my own knowledge (& any readers) - Why did you make the decision to go the rotocast resin route instead of vinyl? And Do you have any plans to move King Swine to vinyl?

Honestly, I'm COMPLETELY Satisfied with him in this medium, & where so many are producing vinyl or hard resin pieces, it definitely adds a bit to your signature too. But yeah, he feels awesome in hand, and like vinyl works, with the interior being hollow, it definitely adds to this. One thing I've noticed too is that where so many articulated resin pieces seem a little sloppy around the joint areas (Skinner x Deadbear Studio's "The Outsider" comes to mind), well that isn't the case here AT ALL! You so obviously put a ton of care into making King Swine & it definitely shows, Guf!

Even though I feel lucky enough to have the 1, I absolutely want to add another to the family eventually. Perhaps one to contrast mine (like think good guy / bad guy). OH, Guf, do you happen to have any extra header cards from the Designer Con releases?! The artwork rocked & It'd be Great to have 1 for mine, which there wasn't one for then.

K, well I just wanted to share my fondness for the monster pig with ya. Can't wait to see the next batch Image

Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:35 pm

3 years later... :D
I hope that more are made some day, especially in vinyl form!

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:25 am

Great colors on this one, Kevin. Looks like the King (Swine) of Mardi Gras.

I've expressed how much I like this lil piggy being rotocast, but I would certainly not reject a vinyl version. Plus, it'd be nice to compare the two mediums with the same sculpt. Though if I was Guf going vinyl, I'd probably want to do something new...

Does anyone know about how many King Swines were produced?

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:12 am

Thanks guys! I am still making Swine, just slowed down once the molds started showing wear. There are approx 40 King Swines out there, my favorites are the ones with mawashi , as I always envisioned him as a sumo wrestler.

The last ones made were for an art show in SD last year.

No plans for vinyl, maybe new molds and more resin. I learned a lot trying to design him with the intent of vinyl but know there is a lot that I would change if I was to go that route.

I need to get off my ass and sculpt a new figure, soon..............

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 am

Amazed by these. Sculpt is top notch and would love to see a new figure.
Post a reply