ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Let's hear it for Monstock...

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 am

ungawa222 wrote:Far as I know, Joe, Anraku has just done paintings for a bunch of their header art.
The example of this I'm most familiar with (naturally) is the header for the Monstock exclusive version of Atelier G-1's Pygmon:

...but I'm pretty sure there have been others.

Didn't Okuda San of Atelier do the sculpting for all of Anrakus figures ?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 am

Good question, Rich- I recall reading somewhere, a long while back, that he did do some sculpting for them, but I'm not sure which figures, specifically, or whether or not he's actually their main sculptor.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 am

I know he did the sculpt for Gogamezilla(There's one painted by him out there). Here's another one of the header cards by Anraku...

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 am

Ok, so Anraku has just done sales out of Monstock and some header artwork. He hasn't collaborated on any designs?

The Minoru Sugiama collaboration figures bear such a strong resemblence to Anraku it made me wonder, but maybe they share a sculptor, Okuda San of Atelier, and that is the reason.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am

I have heard that the paborasu has been sculpted by Anraku.
everything remains covered by mysteries ....
here you can see the designs which are inspired the monstock figures http://www.minoruland.com/m-sofubi/abaron.html

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 pm

dedoperucelli wrote:I have heard that the paborasu has been sculpted by Anraku.
everything remains covered by mysteries ....
here you can see the designs which are inspired the monstock figures http://www.minoruland.com/m-sofubi/abaron.html

Very cool, haven't seen that link before, that almost looks like a Dako in the water, but a little different.
Is it covered by mysteries, or just lost in translation? I'm not sure, but I love these collabs with Sugiama, some amazing designs there, I hope they make more together.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:09 pm

JoeMan wrote:that almost looks like a Dako in the water, but a little different.

Pretty sure it's this guy

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:53 am

anyone get
a MONSTOCK New Year! 2013! lucky bag

(A) yen 10500 ① MONSTOCK!! Bag
(B) yen 10500 ② MONSTOCK!! Bag
Yen 5250 ③ MONSTOCK!! Bag Minisofubi

April 09th, 2013 to April 13th

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:49 pm

couldn't understand how to go about ordering them....sigh.

but happy to have gotten this

Last edited by Kaijufinn on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Dun think they ship overseas anyway haizzz. Pls sell to overseas fan monstock if you see this :D !

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Kaijufinn wrote:couldn't understand how to go about ordering them....sigh.

but happy to have gotten this

That is freakin awesome! What's it called?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 pm

What's it called?

Paborasu

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:07 am

impressive bird Kaijufinn

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:03 am

sensensempompom wrote:impressive bird Kaijufinn

Thanks!!!! Really in hand the colors are just popping and the sculpt is pretty impressive....Froggen is on the way....will take a pic when I got him...also thanks to Cheapo for introducing me to Monstock.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:24 am

Nice score, man- that Paborasu is my fave color version of the figure. A rare bird, indeed!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:33 am

Just received my Froggen, awesome is all i can say now....

cheers

Simon

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 am

^ is there a texture or shape that doesn't make an appearance on it?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 am

That is very beautiful

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 am

Nice job with the shots Kaijufinn, that Paborasu is one of the best released so far imo, I don't seem to recall seeing that colourway before but makes me almost want one.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 am

Thanks everyone for the kind comments ...really love them....the textures are great .

Hope Monstock will produce the rest of the them tat was in the link

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:34 am

JoeMan wrote:Monstock does not sell overseas, I tried, I got a nice translated reply they don't speak English and don't know how to use paypal.

I experienced that same thing after entering one of their lotteries. They were very kind, almost apologetic that they couldn't do it.

I was able to locate a Monstock section via Rakuten here: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/toyful/c/0000000229, where lottery's not a concern, though unless you use a forwarding shipping service, I believe it's still Japan purchase only, BUT there's still no lottery to worry about.

Kaijufinn wrote:Just received my Froggen, awesome is all i can say now....

cheers

Simon

Wow, Simon. He's gorgeous, bud. Froggen's one amazing sculpt and the colors are Perfect on this one. Some of the Froggen versions don't have the most attractive colorways... I was watching this version on Mandarake for awhile, ha, apparently too long tho, cause I was made a loser, weeper. Definitely not a new story, but in relation - Mandarake seems to get a good bit of Monstock. Just gotta watch them prices, sheesh!

v v This is another recent Monstock creation in my wants, the amber Giant Moai Robo. "shivers".

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:53 am

Simon[/quote]
Wow, Simon. He's gorgeous, bud. Froggen's one amazing sculpt and the colors are Perfect on this one. Some of the Froggen versions don't have the most attractive colorways... I was watching this version on Mandarake for awhile, ha, apparently too long tho, cause I was made a loser, weeper. Definitely not a new story, but in relation - Mandarake seems to get a good bit of Monstock. Just gotta watch them prices, sheesh!

v v This is another recent Monstock creation in my wants, the amber Giant Moai Robo. "shivers".
Image[/quote]

Thanks!!!! I was also on the fence getting the FRoggen on Mandarake but after gotten Paborasu, I find them interesting and unique.
Hope you get tat Froggen soon. Oh man, that Giant Moai Robo is awesome....thanks for sharing. Just hope Monstock will ship oversea in near future. really love their sculpts

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 pm

When I emailed Monstock this week about their latest offerings I got a "I cannot read English. Please E-mail to this address." reponse.

After emailing to the address provided in the email I got a response back from a Shono-kikaku m-world-service agent with my order request and total. You can still buy but the price is a little higher.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 pm

^^^^ That sound good, at least there's a way to buy them.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 pm

your winning kaijufinn, pics and toys! congrats
Post a reply