ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Resin Heads have a home of their own.
Post a reply

Acolorfulmonster (Updated 2015) Koblin Pre-order!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Here is my latest sculpt. Don't have a name yet but I hope to have it ready to cast soon.

Last edited by Acolorfulmonster on Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Acolorfulmonster new sculpt

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 pm

thats a lot of detail. I like it, it would fit quite well in my collection.

Thanks for sharing.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:41 pm

Your sculpting looks to be coming along really quick! I really like the looks of this one. :)

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:54 pm

I like it, it reminds me of PK's style for some reason (probably the hair and mouth + different textures)

Some (hopefully helpful) criticism:
The left leg kind of abruptly changes - maybe try to make a smoother transition and/or explain why the left leg and foot are sludgy(?)
The left hand looks plain relative to the rest of the highly detailed sculpt - maybe add more detail there?

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:37 pm

I actually like the abrupt change on that leg - To me it looks like the whole leg would be slime, but the top part is bandaged to hold it together. Maybe to make that a little more obvious, you could have a little bit of slime dripping out from between the bandages?

I agree with Kevin on the left (our right, his left) arm though. Doesn't look up to snuff with the rest of the figure.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:49 pm

It reminds me of PK's slugbeard, THAT'S why I like it so much. :)

I do enjoy all the changes in texture and all that. So all good for me.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:52 pm

I love what is going in this. Lots of fun things to get lost in. This will be fun to paint with all the textures. How did you do the articulation? Are the chains going to stay when you make the mold?

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Wow guys, thanks for the killer response!

gatiio - Thank you and you should be able to add him to your collection in the near future, I'll be sure to put the info up here.

James and Kevin - I do agree about the left hand, after putting it all together that hand does seem dull compared to the rest of him. The sludge leg stays! (I love it too much :) although i might add to it a little)

Bryan - I can't wait to paint this myself, sculpting all the different textures was a blast! The articulation was a challenge, i came across some plastic pegs that just worked perfectly, I can PM you to go into more detail. And yes, the chains will stay, they're baked in.

PK is a huge influence, its cool this reminds you guys of him!

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:12 pm

I dig it. Has sort of a Yamomark feel, with all the morphing bio-forms. Lots of nice textures, & I love the centipede crawling around his arm.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:47 am

Really cool figure! Are you gonna try casting some of these boys?

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 am

Looks like Kaiju :!: The chain is an awesome idea, I am biting that. Good job dude.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 am

That centipede was a labor of love to get it right!

I will most definitely be casting this guy up. Working out some details now and i'll be sure to put the info up here.

Glad you dig the chain rockert, sculpting one would have taken way too long and i think this gets the idea across.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah give me a PM I would like to know/. Articulation is hardest thing to over come

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:20 pm

computerhair415 wrote:Yeah give me a PM I would like to know/. Articulation is hardest thing to over come

I'd also love to get a look at the pegs you used, if possible...nice work!

Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Dude this looks rad!

Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:55 am

Color concepts

Red-Chi by acolorfulmonster, on Flickr

Green-Chi by acolorfulmonster, on Flickr

Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Carving some more detail into the hand.

Carving some detail into this hand by acolorfulmonster, on Flickr

Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Looks awesome. The body has tons of detail but I don't understand the head. Is that part finished?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks, the head is finished, i left it a little less detailed because there is so much detail in the body. I've got other plans for this guy coming up soon. I'll put the details up as soon as I can.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:49 am

Coming Soon, The Chimeron!

Chimeron group by acolorfulmonster, on Flickr

Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:03 am

These are awesome! Love the blue with the clear.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:55 am

Alright guys, The Chimeron will be dropping this Saturday, September 14th at
http://www.noveltyhaus.com/

Check out their site for all the rest of the info this week!

And heres a few more shots.

Chimeron Blue and Clear by acolorfulmonster, on Flickr

Chimeron Clear and Blue by acolorfulmonster, on Flickr

Re: Acolorfulmonster new sculpt (Update with Release info!)

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 am

Been eyeballin these for a while now, gotta say I love the sculpt! Stoked for the release!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:04 am

NYCC 2013!

acolorfulmonster, on Flickr

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:11 am

The Deathlight Chimeron is availble in my shop right now! Black light reactive paint rub!
http://acolorfulmonster.storenvy.com/
Post a reply