ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Do it here for Americans. KAWS, Mr. Kozik, Pushead, Le Merde, "art toys"
Post a reply

HealeyxGargamel

Thu May 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Healey Duckula vinyl fig produced by Gargamel up at Healy's site.
Haters will hate, but I like it.

Re: HealeyxGargamel

Thu May 01, 2014 6:54 pm

I love the resin, but there's something about this that doesn't feel the same.... kinda looks a bit too husky in the thighs perhaps?

Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 pm

I was just thinking "what happened to that Gargamel HealeyMade thing" yesterday! Looks great!

Thu May 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Execution/style/pose/ is awesome. That being said the character does zero for me. I do hope it's a success. Anything gargamel is a win.

Thu May 01, 2014 9:06 pm

I love it... mostly because this reminds me of a character from one of my favorite books as a kiddo.

Thu May 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Reminds me of this guy for some weird reason.

Thu May 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Wouldnt doubt that its the inspiration. It looks great but the legs do seem a bit off compared to the resin version

Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Duckula was such a great cartoon. Even funnier to me when my Dad explained what a vegetarian is.

Thu May 01, 2014 10:14 pm

IronPaw wrote:Wouldnt doubt that its the inspiration. It looks great but the legs do seem a bit off compared to the resin version

I would buy a no pants variant.

Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Being sculpted for articulated vinyl probably bulked it out. The body of the original resin figure was most likely from an existing toy - most Healey resin figures are mash-ups.

Fri May 02, 2014 8:19 am

bryce_r wrote:...Anything gargamel is a win.

Someone seems to have forgotten about the Conifas :?

Fri May 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Is it gargamel or is it just sculpted by them? Not sure it is a collab.

Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Not a collab, just sculpted by Gargamel.

Fri May 02, 2014 1:18 pm

I think this translation from resin to vinyl turned out great. Can't wait to have one in-hand.

Fri May 02, 2014 3:04 pm

ted kopper wrote:I love the resin, but there's something about this that doesn't feel the same.... kinda looks a bit too husky in the thighs perhaps?

I agree and the same can be said for the cave guard/ghroul , fantastic resin, loads of cool details, but the vinyl flopped in my opinion

Fri May 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Quackula* ... I would like to see a painted version also. Any back shots?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:14 pm

BOObotcher wrote:Quackula* ... I would like to see a painted version also. Any back shots?

Better late than never, right? I picked this piece up at NYCC from the Mishka booth. One-off painted by Naoya of Gargamel, who also sculpted it from what I understand. Definitely one of my favorite pieces.

A few more pics on my imgur here: http://imgur.com/a/Z0mhR

Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:56 am

Fantastic custom, he nailed the paints!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:11 am

Them Dickies 874's.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:06 pm

Ooh that is super nice! Can't believe I haven't seen pics of that from NYCC. Been wondering what one of these would looked like all painted up. I hope there's another release soon. Haven't been able to snag one yet.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Biff wrote:Being sculpted for articulated vinyl probably bulked it out. The body of the original resin figure was most likely from an existing toy - most Healey resin figures are mash-ups.

This is exactly it, if the legs were smaller it would be hard to pull from the mold and you'd end up with a lot of stretched toys. Thin legs with long feet are usually difficult and some factories won't even do it because of the difficulty.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:17 am

When Naoya posted this custom to his Instagram, I fell in love. When I read that it would be available at NYCC this year, I knew I had to have it...

I only had a Thursday pass, so I made it my mission to try and get this piece. I went to the Mishka booth several times and even tracked down Mr. Healey himself to inquire. It finally arrived later in the day before my final trip back to check the Mishka booth one last time.

I'm really happy to have added this beautifully detailed custom to my collection along with the custom I picked up last year at NYCC. I wonder what fortune next year will hold? Can Naoya possibly outdo himself again?? Only time will tell.

See you next year... :lol:
Post a reply