ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Addicted

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
GoldenArmKid wrote:
How you finding it so far? The bosses seem a little too easy with co-op but crazy hard solo, only did The Last One solo so far.. went for a duel swordsman so I will need a lot of patience not to switch to sword and shield. Might try some magic for my second play through or give hexes a go.

I love it so far. Died quite a lot already and have quite some hours in without much progress (not killed the pursuer in my own game yet).
You are right about the bosses. I did some coop but always kill the bosses solo for my own play through. Some game mechanics still escape me, like when are you revived. I was revived during multiplayer sessions where we did not kill, sometimes did not even enter the boss area. Killing the boss did not revive me - neither in multiplayer nor killing him in my own game.
I started as deprived and had to two hand a dagger for the first couple of hours. After switching to sword and shield I feel that the game favors playing without a shield, so I think about going two handed swordsman. With some magic. But I will have to understand the upgrade system for the weapons first.
Anyway - love the atmosphere and the overall mechanics. Cannot wait to get into some of the lore but have not discovered much yet.

Did you join a covenant?

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 am
Comment King

a.tom wrote:
GoldenArmKid wrote:
How you finding it so far? The bosses seem a little too easy with co-op but crazy hard solo, only did The Last One solo so far.. went for a duel swordsman so I will need a lot of patience not to switch to sword and shield. Might try some magic for my second play through or give hexes a go.

I love it so far. Died quite a lot already and have quite some hours in without much progress (not killed the pursuer in my own game yet).
You are right about the bosses. I did some coop but always kill the bosses solo for my own play through. Some game mechanics still escape me, like when are you revived. I was revived during multiplayer sessions where we did not kill, sometimes did not even enter the boss area. Killing the boss did not revive me - neither in multiplayer nor killing him in my own game.
I started as deprived and had to two hand a dagger for the first couple of hours. After switching to sword and shield I feel that the game favors playing without a shield, so I think about going two handed swordsman. With some magic. But I will have to understand the upgrade system for the weapons first.
Anyway - love the atmosphere and the overall mechanics. Cannot wait to get into some of the lore but have not discovered much yet.

Did you join a covenant?

I need a little more patience, I brought two along for the pursuer and it was a little too easy. Funny you mention being revived after a multiplayer session. I noticed that too and was exploiting a little early on when my life had dropped lower than 75% for whatever reason I'm not being revived anymore so I've had to use a few of my human effigy's. I joined way of the blue right at the start talking to the guy in Majula. I haven't been invaded yet so not really seeing any covenant benefits so far. Still early game I think.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:16 pm
Addicted

Got a PS3... holding out on getting a new system still. Currently playing the Last of Us and its is amazing like the reviews have been preaching.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:31 pm
Addicted

a.tom wrote:
I started as deprived

I saw this as an option and thought who the fuck would do this to themselves!? haha. I played a TON this weekend and feel like ive barely made any progress at all. The whole life bar reduction thing is really unneccesarry. That and the way at a certain point enemies dont respawn anymore seems a little heavy handed. There are things I really love about the game though, just not sure if it balances out.

ブルマァク on parade
Want List

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm
Addicted

BOObotcher wrote:
Got a PS3... holding out on getting a new system still. Currently playing the Last of Us and its is amazing like the reviews have been preaching.

I gave it a go and couldn't get into it. Not a huge zombie game fan I must say. Too much stealth, not enough weapons. I'm too impatient for stealthy games. I will not be getting Thief, heh.

Still rinsing Diablo III, almost through my 2nd playthrough!

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:44 pm
Addicted

soda pop SMASH wrote:
BOObotcher wrote:

I gave it a go and couldn't get into it. Not a huge zombie game fan I must say. Too much stealth, not enough weapons. I'm too impatient for stealthy games. I will not be getting Thief, heh.

How long did you play it for? I thought the same thing as you did... at first. Now I'm flamethrowing zombies down, tossing nail can bombs, all while sniping with my upgrade scoped rifle and the snub nose pistol for when they get close. Don't forget the 2x4's, hatchets, and shivs for when close combat come into effect. Far from stealth but you can play stealthy if you want. You can upgraded your guy to carry two sidearms and two heavy weapons at a time. The bow and arrow is also cool. I'm hooked now. I'm an Xbox guy always have been but I couldn't pass up a PS3 for 50 bones. They way the camera pushes in and out during a melee conflict feels more real and chaotic.
I would give it another shot. Come back on here an blast me if I'm wrong. Zombie game? I don't know... I find myself fighting with humans called hunters the most. These humans are uninfected people in gangs going around killing and stealing whatever they can from whoever zombie or not. I also don't find it scary... even though it does have very heart ponding moments.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:37 pm
Addicted

BOObotcher wrote:
soda pop SMASH wrote:
BOObotcher wrote:

How long did you play it for? I thought the same thing as you did... at first. Now I'm flamethrowing zombies down, tossing nail can bombs, all while sniping with my upgrade scoped rifle and the snub nose pistol for when they get close. Don't forget the 2x4's, hatchets, and shivs for when close combat come into effect. Far from stealth but you can play stealthy if you want. You can upgraded your guy to carry two sidearms and two heavy weapons at a time. The bow and arrow is also cool. I'm hooked now. I'm an Xbox guy always have been but I couldn't pass up a PS3 for 50 bones. They way the camera pushes in and out during a melee conflict feels more real and chaotic.
I would give it another shot. Come back on here an blast me if I'm wrong. Zombie game? I don't know... I find myself fighting with humans called hunters the most. These humans are uninfected people in gangs going around killing and stealing whatever they can from whoever zombie or not. I also don't find it scary... even though it does have very heart ponding moments.

you've given me the best reason to give it another go. Most often I hear, "But the story is so good..."

Will do once I get done with Diablo - thanks!

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:12 pm
Die-Cast

Goat Simulator is the game of the year nuff said.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:00 am
Line of Credit

GoldenArmKid wrote:
a.tom wrote:
GoldenArmKid wrote:

Did you join a covenant?

I need a little more patience, I brought two along for the pursuer and it was a little too easy. Funny you mention being revived after a multiplayer session. I noticed that too and was exploiting a little early on when my life had dropped lower than 75% for whatever reason I'm not being revived anymore so I've had to use a few of my human effigy's. I joined way of the blue right at the start talking to the guy in Majula. I haven't been invaded yet so not really seeing any covenant benefits so far. Still early game I think.

I think I'm approx 12hrs in, lvl35 warrior and really enjoying it so far. It's not exactly like the previous Dark Souls (or Demon's) as it feels slightly easier but still better than anything else out there. Can't wait to explore more, the world feels huge, intricate and definitely a Souls game. I actually killed the pursuer with the giant crossbow, one shot seemed to have drained all his hp. Still haven't joined any covenant.

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:25 am
Mr. Freshly Smacked Ass

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
Goat Simulator is the game of the year nuff said.

This. So dumb and brilliant at the same time.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Hitman Absolution is a 100% free download for xbox360 for the next week so boot those old systems up and grab it. Pretty great game actually.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 am
Prototype

Grinding away on Diablo 3: RoS for the PC.
Battletag: gatchabert#1698

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

Had a lot of fun with The Cave and I'm now playing Ni No Kuni. Problem is that I'm not in the right frame of mind for an RPG: everything feels so tedious. So I'm finally looking into the DLC for The Last Of Us, Harley Quinn's Revenge, or BioShock Infinite. Not sure which one to get first.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:30 am
Addicted

igrrl wrote:
Had a lot of fun with The Cave and I'm now playing Ni No Kuni. Problem is that I'm not in the right frame of mind for an RPG: everything feels so tedious. So I'm finally looking into the DLC for The Last Of Us, Harley Quinn's Revenge, or BioShock Infinite. Not sure which one to get first.

just started playing ni no kuni, I have a couple of days off work this week (and a whole lot coming up) so wanted something I could sink my teeth into - NNK was less than 20$NZ on the store (a good price for here).

Haven't even got to the other world yet so haven't played much yet... hoping I don't find it too tedious!

Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm
Comment King

Lots of League of Legends and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. I'm no expert in either, but they're fun! :lol:

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

I've been enjoying BroForce lately. It's great fun and plays like a mix between Super Crate Box and Metal Slug.
Try it if you're in the mood for exploding things up.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:50 pm
Side Dealer

gatchabert wrote:
Grinding away on Diablo 3: RoS for the PC.
Battletag: gatchabert#1698

You know, a bunch of my friends started playing D3 again so I fired it up the other day... within minutes, I found better gear in A1 than months of drops & all my auction house heroics combined. I don't think anyone involved in the making of D3 ever played D2 (or even knew anyone who played it) but killing the auction house + fixing the drops is at least a step in the right direction.

I have been enjoying Abyss Attack for about a week now, great free game for Android & iOS even without the in app purchases. Its as good or better than any of the Japanese shooters I grew up playing, and I love the whole nautical theme. There are all sorts of unlocks & upgrades to keep you grinding, even some crafting if that's your thing, not to mention a nice soundtrack.

phantomfauna wrote:
No...that's not all I got. Eat a three inch dick footlong you prick.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:50 pm
Comment King

If anyone is looking for a good PC game and/or has played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series...
You HAVE to play Lost Alpha. It was released this weekend and it's glorious.
It's free, post-apocalyptic, and damn fun.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Prototype

Along with D3, I'm playing World of Warplanes. It is an arcade WW2 dogfighting game and so far, pretty cool. Check out the link. You start out with the early WW2 biplanes, gain XP, and work your way through the tech tree to research and unlock more modern planes. I might stop at the P38 Lightning since it is one of my all time favorites.

http://worldofwarplanes.com/

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 am
Profile YIM WWW
Addicted

Anyone else playing Titanfall on the XBOX One?

Tue May 06, 2014 4:52 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

R-Type dimensions.
It is a polished rerelease of R-Type I and II!
(so, exact the same games with new HD 3D graphics and new sound but you can switch back to the original look and sound anytime while playing).
So great! So hard!

Also, still Dark Souls II.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:25 am
Toy Prince

Been addicted to Hearthstone for the past couple of weeks. Anyone else playing?

Bandai Great Monster Series Godzilla
Denboku Goldar, Majin Garon
Perks & Mini Manana Banana
Wonderful Man Ziro, Bangcyo & Subro
Discovery Era Daft Punk RAH Thomas and Guy
Bounty Hunter Kaibutsu Kun Monster Family Set #1

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:49 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

MarioKart 8

username: mason mars or marswillrule

Let's race.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:54 am
S7 Royalty

Kerk1 wrote:
Been addicted to Hearthstone for the past couple of weeks. Anyone else playing?

I am playing it, but I can't say I'm addicted... While waiting for DotP 2015 I suppose. 8)

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 pm
Line of Credit

Anyone still on Dark Souls 2? I'm currently playing NG+ on the hunt for that ultimate armour and weapon and essentially playing a lot faster through the game than NG. Looking forward to the DLC although BloodBorne is now on top of my want list:

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 101  Next