ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Feel free to say what you really think right here.
Post a reply

Vinyl weirdos occupy too much of my mind ?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello all around. (beer) I found this site about an hour ago while looking for vinyl monsters. I have been interested in (obsessed with?) various kaiju since childhood, and I'm more than curious about a lot of this current 'designer' and homemade stuff. Back when I was a lad, I was doing good to get a few Ultra re-hashes (Godzilla's Gang) and some Imperial dinosaurs, heh.
What a golden age for fans of such things!

Thanks for the registration assist, James. Quite a wealth of information here and a ton of pictures that have caused quite the throbbing kaiju-rection.

Enjoy

Re: Vinyl weirdos occupy too much of my mind ?

Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Vinyl_Sniffing wrote:Thanks for the registration assist, James.

James . . . I owe you a punch in the nuts!

Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Anti Social Andy wrote:
Vinyl_Sniffing wrote:Thanks for the registration assist, James.

James . . . I owe you a punch in the nuts!

:lol:

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:07 am

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:25 am

Welcome to Skullbrain!!!

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:00 pm

badteethcomics wrote:Welcome to Skullbrain!!!

Thanks!

...Wait, are you sure you wouldn't rather just add to the existing snark/insults?
:P

Brisbane, eh? Are there still WoolWorth stores over there? I miss those.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 pm

You betcha.. Woolworths and Coles running this shit. The first Costco store popped up around here earlier this year however being Australian they disregarded the concept of things being cheaper than Woolworths/Coles.

Anyways welcome to the boards, you sound like you have a long history of collecting this stuff which is fantastic!

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:22 am

Thanks again! Good to hear that ol' WoolWorth is still surviving there. I used to love that place, along with the great J.J. Newberry's and Zayres. These are some of the places where I first saw kaiju for sale, back in the glory days before mega-conglomos like WalMart raided the scene. :cry:

Take care and enjoy!
Post a reply