ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Tech stuff, Movies, Music...anything but toys.
Post a reply

Re: What do you listen to????????

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:30 am

Been enjoying Total Control 'Typical System'. Here is the vid for an infectious song called 'Flesh War':

Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:01 am

Been jammin' the first three Most Precious Blood albums again lately. Merciless being the most recent. A One King Down reunion would be awesome.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:44 am

Right now Nick Cave and Red House Painters. Saw Mr Cave on Austin City Limits and was reminded of just how awesome he is. RHP cause winter is coming...

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:12 am

^ Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Scott Walker.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:36 pm

ha, yes indeed.

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:25 pm

One of my favorites just put out some unreleased tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/brahmmusic

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Enjoying the new D'Angelo album! I'm the minority here It seems, Betray my heart & Another Life especially.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 am

I'm not normally in to screamo monster growl shit, but these guys give me goosebumps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxm1Z0wk3I

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:04 pm

GoldenArmKid wrote:Enjoying the new D'Angelo album! I'm the minority here It seems, Betray my heart & Another Life especially.

I just came here to see if anyone else is liking it. Its incredible! History will put him up there with Sly and Prince. I've missed his music so much. What a great surprise release.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Slack wrote:I'm not normally in to screamo monster growl shit, but these guys give me goosebumps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxm1Z0wk3I

Having near perfect tastes, I must admit to fall for some bands like that too from time to time. Atreyu's middle period is a good exemple (sorry...) and this local band :

To worsen the case, one of these dudes was part of a reality show at one time :oops:

Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:46 pm

BrickBat wrote:
GoldenArmKid wrote:Enjoying the new D'Angelo album! I'm the minority here It seems, Betray my heart & Another Life especially.

I just came here to see if anyone else is liking it. Its incredible! History will put him up there with Sly and Prince. I've missed his music so much. What a great surprise release.

I'm in love with his new album and agree it is great to see him back. "Betray My Love" and "Another Life" wow!
Now Prince and Sly territory??? Hmmm not sure, but damn this record is good.

Been listening to the hell out of Youth Code as well. Great Front 242/Skinny Puppy type stuff from LA.

-

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:15 am

I guess it depends on my mood. I really like a lot of early heavy rock and psych music from the late 60's - early 70's. Also listen to some folk, post punk, early hip hop, a bit of desert/stoner rock, prog rock/metal, a bit of math/post rock, ambient instrumental electronic music and also enjoying some newer psychedelic stuff.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:13 pm

I have been enjoying all of Panopticon's stuff recently, but this album is fucking great. Black metal plus bluegrass? Sure, why not?!
http://thetruepanopticon.bandcamp.com/album/roads-to-the-north

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:16 pm

love&poison wrote:
BrickBat wrote:

I'm in love with his new album and agree it is great to see him back. "Betray My Love" and "Another Life" wow!
Now Prince and Sly territory??? Hmmm not sure, but damn this record is good.

Been listening to the hell out of Youth Code as well. Great Front 242/Skinny Puppy type stuff from LA.

-

It's hard not to draw those comparisons especially to Prince. It's not quite on that level for me, I still actually prefer Voodoo but time will tell. Great to see some more diverse taste around here considering It's mostly punk/metal/rock.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:33 pm

I'm enjoying the hell out of that new D'Angelo album as well. I think D'Angelo needs to make more albums before I put him up there in the rarified air of prince, etc., but he is certainly an incredibly talented mofo. I bet he has albums worth of fantastic material lying around, given the 15 year lapse between releases.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Voodoo is excellent but leans a bit too much towards hip hop for my current tastes. Black messiah also has a lot of Funkadelic in it. Forgot to mention that earlier. My wife is very sick of this album now. She just said in the car "we've listened to this about a million times now how are you not sick of it yet?"

Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:16 am

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:26 am

Been digging this today...
http://grimoirerecords.bandcamp.com/album/mirror-unveiled

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Been enjoying some minimalist French electro pop today.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Been listening to Enter Shikari's new album this week. I've been a big fan since 2007 (my angsty teen years, haha... was 17 back then) and it's been really cool seeing them mature from a band screaming about random stuff to a band making some still-pretty-angry sociopolitical statements with their music.

Never Let Go of the Microscope is probably my favorite song off the album... Basically saying that volatile religion and belief systems can't stop the progress and discoveries of science and self-exploration.
And I'm kind of a sucker for 90's style rap and British accents, so it all works out quite well for me. :lol:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:38 pm

https://paulwatson.bandcamp.com/album/my-secret-effect

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:06 pm

hellointerloper wrote:Been listening to Enter Shikari's new album this week. I've been a big fan since 2007 (my angsty teen years, haha... was 17 back then) and it's been really cool seeing them mature from a band screaming about random stuff to a band making some still-pretty-angry sociopolitical statements with their music.

Never Let Go of the Microscope is probably my favorite song off the album... Basically saying that volatile religion and belief systems can't stop the progress and discoveries of science and self-exploration.
And I'm kind of a sucker for 90's style rap and British accents, so it all works out quite well for me. :lol:

Saw them with Letlive. a few years ago. Really strong live performance.
Post a reply