ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Utsugiyo

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:32 pm

Been meaning to post some pics of Twiljin. A little smaller than I assumed, but so much playability.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Yuck!!! wrote:Been meaning to post some pics of Twiljin. A little smaller than I assumed, but so much playability.

If this ever becomes TOO small for you hit me up. :wink:

Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:04 pm

The size of these sculpts relative to their cost is what has kept me away from Utsugiyo and Ilu Ilu thus far. :(

Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:18 pm

TiredChildren wrote:The size of these sculpts relative to their cost is what has kept me away from Utsugiyo and Ilu Ilu thus far. :(

Size doesn't matter when the quality is there. :oops:

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 pm

awesome! I love intricate hand painted eyes :shock:

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:31 pm

phantomfauna wrote:
TiredChildren wrote:The size of these sculpts relative to their cost is what has kept me away from Utsugiyo and Ilu Ilu thus far. :(

Size doesn't matter when the quality is there. :oops:

Especially as it transforms into three different looking figures.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:15 am

Thanks for the link Frankalicious.

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:20 am

Great reading. I agree, thanks so much for the link Frankalicious! The pics and the toys are fantastic!

Fri May 01, 2015 10:52 pm

I've been neglecting my duty......

Here's the amazing new sculpt from Utsugiyo- Moon Dog!

Besides the great sculpt the paint application is very well done. Great colors too!

The packaging is on a level of its own! Check out the insides. Complete with dedication to Georges Melies!

Fri May 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Enough with the moon stuff already.

Fri May 01, 2015 11:59 pm

but...but...this is a moooooon dog....a moon dog! And the box...show me another box like this!

Sat May 02, 2015 12:14 pm

akum6n wrote:Enough with the moon stuff already.

Have to agree, the Longneck version is the only sculpt that does it for me. Rest seem kinda lazy :?

Sat May 02, 2015 12:38 pm

I think a good rule of thumb is if Target Earth has done it, it's officially "been done". I do like the paint ap and the smallish size I am assuming it is though.

Sat May 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Thoroughly enjoying mine. The sculpt and paint are both excellent, simple and not overly detailed, but with soft textures, giving off a nice vintage vibe. I like how he did not paint his entire head gold, but just the front side to give the impression he is being hit by the sun, very fun. Lots of un-neutered goodness with this space pup!

Sat May 02, 2015 7:52 pm

kurumonz wrote:but...but...this is a moooooon dog....a moon dog! And the box...show me another box like this!

The execution is superb. Sorry, that comment was made off-the-cuff- not directed at you.

Just surprised to see Utsugiyo jumping on the Melies bandwagon, since his first figures were very unusual and original.

Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 pm

No worries, all's good. Yeah, there's been quite a lot of moon stuff going around but I only zoom in on the good ones like this Utsugiyo and the earlier Longneck version.

Sun May 03, 2015 7:45 pm

For what it's worth. Though the moons been done to death, moondog is my favorite. a) I like puns b) the packaging was brilliant c) is openly sites a tribute to the film and director d) the sculpt and paint are killer.

Mon May 04, 2015 3:35 pm

Incredible MOONDOG first release. I can hardly wait to see what other surprises Utsugiyo will come up with... I love the sculpt!

Tue May 05, 2015 3:17 am

There's been some speculation in previous pages but no definite answer.. has anybody found out any more information about what the relation is between Utsugiyo and Ilu Ilu?

Tue May 05, 2015 5:10 am

They are friends

Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 am

For the longest time I thought it was the same dude. Utsugiyo is not Ilu Ilu, Uzumark is or was ilu ilu.

Tue May 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Yep, I thought they were one and the same. Kind of helps explain the prodigious output.

Thu May 07, 2015 5:51 am

Emails are out for these crazy guys...

Thu May 07, 2015 6:42 am

bummer, i was really hoping for a win with these guys.

Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 am

8)
great news first thing in the morning.
Post a reply