ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New Medicom

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 pm

ironmonkey_65 wrote:I've never ordered from this place before, but its the only place I was able to find to accept foreign orders for the Medicom Astro Mu 5. So I bit the bullet and it seems my orders went through. Check it out :-)

http://cjmart.jp/en/
I've looked and failed before, but never asked -- any videos of nodders in action out there?

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:12 pm

This month's releases are killing the wallet for sure!

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 pm

ironmonkey_65 wrote:I've never ordered from this place before, but its the only place I was able to find to accept foreign orders for the Medicom Astro Mu 5. So I bit the bullet and it seems my orders went through. Check it out :-)

I've had no problems when ordering from this online store. Should be fine!

Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 am

Ah, well thats good to hear my fellow 'monkey' :-)

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:46 am

Weird to see these classic Bear Model sculpts getting the Medicom re-issue treatment.
I wonder if this is the first time BM have done this?

I'm not aware of this happening with Medicom before . . . .

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:45 am

^ Don't forget the midi Minya!

Makes sense, though, now that they're Medicom's house sculptors for so many other licensed lines. And, y'know, on accounta the Vinyl Wars project.

What a kick it would be to see new colorways of their Ultraman Ace and Spectreman toys!

In thinking about it, they did do several from the Spectreline a few years ago, and colorful versions of Gaira and Sanda, too.

edit: Whoa...

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:22 am

^^ Oh yeah, i wish i'd picked up the new Lion-Maru sculpts when i had the chance at retail . . .
and those versions of Gaira and Sanda look great too.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:43 pm

I guess there are worse problems, but so much is coming out so fast. I tallied up my want list for what is available and nearly fell over! Hard choices will have to be made.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Anyone pre-order the Astro-Mu from Lulubell?

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 pm

Medicom's production lately has definitely been staggering. I am happy they have risked a little by 'testing the market' and stumbled across what seems to be an evidently very productive and profitable market for them. From just a few years ago where there might be one or two releases of 'classic sofubi' I would really want to buy, as you say, now it is choosing just the most special from a whole series of excellent toys. The only real downside/complaint I see to all these new toys is the still limited availability for most of them to overseas customers.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:53 am

Every month they got new pre order, really want them all. old mold reused. new collector got a chance to get an old sofubi

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:59 am

[gulp] and [gulp]

Image Image

1 of each, please.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:32 am

At only 32,400円 a set, we should all try for 2 of each!

Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:36 am

Can anyone tell me how the Medicom Collabs with other companies work? Do these companies like Anraku, Bear Model, Ilu Ilu, etc..make their own toys and Medicom bankrolls, promotes, and sells it, or does Medicom use the original molds and use their own factories and just gives them a %. Any insight or knowledge would be great and interesting.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:49 am

b1470 wrote:Can anyone tell me how the Medicom Collabs with other companies work? Do these companies like Anraku, Bear Model, Ilu Ilu, etc..make their own toys and Medicom bankrolls, promotes, and sells it, or does Medicom use the original molds and use their own factories and just gives them a %. Any insight or knowledge would be great and interesting.

When I worked with medicom I ordered the vinyl for them and created a paint sample and then sent them the vinyl and paint sample and they painted the run, though they did ask me several times to paint the run but I had no time to do it myself. So pretty much option a for most cases, though I'm sure there are always exceptions or different methods with different makers.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:14 am

Does Medicom have their own factory in Japan now or do they have all the small sofubi shops tied up with all this output?

Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:26 am

Did anybody score this secret (?) halloween "Sour"? I'm not sure what to make of this page, except that it's probably sold out? Or is it still coming up?

http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/2015/11/02/21sby02/index.html

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:05 pm

^ Is it sofubi or china plastic ? Looks great nonetheless !

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Thornton wrote:Did anybody score this secret (?) halloween "Sour"? I'm not sure what to make of this page, except that it's probably sold out? Or is it still coming up?

Long gone.. looked like a medicom Japan only drop, I think. Good to see on one yja already too though.

:roll: :lol:

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:51 pm

nefasth wrote:^ Is it sofubi or china plastic ? Looks great nonetheless !

Sofubi from what I've heard.

Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:56 am

Mecha wrote:
Thornton wrote:Did anybody score this secret (?) halloween "Sour"? I'm not sure what to make of this page, except that it's probably sold out? Or is it still coming up?

Long gone.. looked like a medicom Japan only drop, I think. Good to see on one yja already too though.

:roll: :lol:

Yep, but the price asked is... :lol:

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:33 am

spacemonkey66 wrote:

I've had no problems when ordering from this online store. Should be fine!

BTW, in case anyone still has not yet preordered, there are some stores stateside that offer selected preorders (and for cheaper too!).

Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I love the new astro mu design but what is keeping me off it is that I can't stand batteries in toys, always have me worry bout leakage problems over the long run (or that I must always remember to remove the batteries which itself) and that the voice electronics might fail over time.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:01 pm

cheapo wrote:I love the new astro mu design but what is keeping me off it is that I can't stand batteries in toys, always have me worry bout leakage problems over the long run (or that I must always remember to remove the batteries which itself) and that the voice electronics might fail over time.

There are no batteries in Astro-Mu toys, so nothing to worry about there. The push buttons on the front/ back of the doll moves a rod inside the body, that nods or shakes the head.

All the tanks came with a key and are wind-up.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:51 pm

Ahhhh thanks for clarifying, I was reading the English description and thought that there are voice functions lol.
Post a reply