ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Tan Workshop / Mimi Monster

Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:09 pm

(Anybody else getting dejavu looking at the boards the past few weeks?? There's a bunch of toy makers out there that don't have their own threads so here's a few to start up some fresh discussion around these dusty shelves..)

This little guy is packed full of details - I can't stop looking at it. There's a new head for the Mimi body and a brand new Pig Man sculpt coming out later this year. Perfect toy to carry around in your pocket!!

Re: Tan Workshop / Mimi Monster

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:30 am

I was having issues with my image hosting earlier - here's the Pig Man sculpt I mentioned before.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:04 pm

I love the Mimi Monster toy. Such a fun, playful and detailed sculpt. As with many other toys I favor, the expression on this little dripper's face is awesome.

Splurrt paint:

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:24 pm

Wasn't really into this sculpt at first, but man both the marbled and the run that Joe painted have won me over. And your pictures certainly do them justice Robert!

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 pm

Pig-man sculpt really reminds me of this classic:

but of course there are differences.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:46 am

mimi is pretty cool. I like the little drip legs he has.
not digging the, as bwana would put it, "hypeturds" pricepoint
im assuming its like 4 inches?

Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:00 am

The figure is more like 5.5" - 6" I only have one figure and it happens to to be the green one from the lottery a few months back. I like the goofy one eye and the skeleton back. The customs that I have seen as of late have been killer and look better than unpainted, but that's just my opinion.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:21 am

Ummiko painted a few of these guys and is putting them up for sale on his site this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEVfgYmNo-b/

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:41 am

I love the Mimi sculpt I just feel like the price point is kind of ridiculous. It's a two pull vinyl and it cost triple digits prices. Just doesn't add up to me. But knowing me I will cave and buy at least one lol

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Yep. Hate to be a cheapskate, but price has certainly kept me from buying one. I just don't get it. Also, while I'm nitpicking I think to enter some of the lotteries you had to post on IG to enter. That's dumb.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:46 pm

I was lucky enough to get one through the splurrt drop a few months ago

Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Paul Kaiju just dropped this bombshell. Those eyes are wild.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:51 pm

evom wrote:mimi is pretty cool. I like the little drip legs he has.
not digging the, as bwana would put it, "hypeturds" pricepoint
im assuming its like 4 inches?

How much do these actually cost? I looked around but failed miserably.

I like all the new toy threads here but NONE of them seem to have links to the makers or any info like that at all.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:03 pm

They are $110. At least that is what I paid for an unpainted green.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm cheap (okay, I'm really just broke) so I sort of have a "$10 per inch of vinyl" rule.
Sometimes I rock that rule like a boss.
Sometimes I break it by a little because I love the sculpt so much.

I think Mimi is an adorably vile little dude/dudette (especially that yellow!!!), but I just can't rationalize that pricing at this time. :(

Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:36 pm

foto junkaay wrote:They are $110. At least that is what I paid for an unpainted green.

Thanks! These days that seems pretty reasonable compared to a lot of what's out there. I would consider paying that for a very pretty marbled version, maybe. If this was priced at half that or less I would probably try to build a little evil army of them. I guess 100 bucks for a new toy seems like a breaking point I avoid for no particular reason.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:46 am

These are cool but as has been stated I don't understand the pricing at all.. I paid a bit recently for a new toy ($120?) but it was 8" and came with 2 masks and a small accessory , all painted... I guess its how an artists values their own work rather than according to cost and things like that I guess..

Anyway, cool toy.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:53 am

Yeah, I really dig Tan's work, but the prices seem....unfair? That pigman sculpt is FUCKING AWESOME, but I think it was going for $280 + shipping and it's 6" x 6" :shock:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:57 am

Correction: At the time of my purchase it was $110 + shipping. After searching around some more it looks like the price jumped to $120 + shipping.
Post a reply