ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Here is your chance to impress your internet friends
Post a reply

Re: The "What You Got In The Mail That Isn't A Vinyl Toy" Th

Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 pm

toothaction wrote:The first box of anything that's landed on my doorstep in ages, all thanks to a very generous gift card from a friend's family:
18.3 pounds of Peanuts! The large-format Peanuts Every Sunday collections are just stunning in hand..The slipcase is the tits, too.
^ Awesome! Congrats!

Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:44 pm

I got more miniatures in the mail for the game I made.

Takeshi

Skinheads

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:39 am

Takeshi!

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Zombot!

Guardian of Jif peanut butter! XD

Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:22 pm

eckotyper wrote:Takeshi!

A very teeny tiny Takesi. I've also got plans for miniatures of at least two board members.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:46 pm

I picked up some records today for the first time in what seems like a billion years.. felt pretty great. Cannibal Holocaust on "green splatter" vinyl and Scanners motion picture soundtracks.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:00 am

Chris Kohler wrote:I got more miniatures in the mail for the game I made.

Takeshi

Skinheads

wow so good!

Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:45 am

ribbon controller wrote:wow so good!

Thanks dude. I have a couple available at http://slowdeathgames.bigcartel.com/if you are interested.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:58 pm

grabbed 2 takeshi
thx!

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:43 pm

This Dirty Deeds Bertie MK2 came in the mail yesterday. Love being able to put the severed heads in the back pouches along with the rocket launcher i can put on his shoulder.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Well that's disturbing and cool all at once! :)

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:02 am

OK, maybe I didn't get this in the mail - it was more like renting a U-Haul and a hand-truck. Six foot tall tiki with light-up eyes (the original bulbs were so weak you could barely see them so I removed the red lenses, cleaned the gunk off of them and then retrofitted the eyeballs with new, super-bright LEDs).

The nice thing is that even with the cost of the U-Haul and retrofitting the eyeballs it wasn't much more than this year's Gargamel Lucky Bags.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:54 am

That tiki is a really nice room piece.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:38 am

Booska Teddy Bear type!

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:15 am

Great grab, although I'd suggest not feeding him after midnight.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:22 am

Ha, that Booska is adorable! What a lovely little fellow to adopt. Congratulations.

And I am just seeing that amazing Tiki too. Wow, what a great find. Well worth the extra cost and effort, as you said, for something so stunning. While it may not be to everyone's tastes - and certainly might not 'fit' in a lot of people's homes, I cannot argue against it. It it phenomenal, really a cool addition to any great place, and most definitely looks right at home next to his monster brothers and a shelf of great vinyl. Wonderful, thanks for sharing. :)

Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Thank you. I collect tiki stuff for separate reasons than the kaiju stuff - I like it in part for its retro appeal. But tiki and kaiju can definitely work together and I know there are other people on this board who also collect both. Polyester cowboy, an active sofubi collector here, has made tiki mugs his livelihood.

I'd really love to have a giant, monumental size kaiju too (and almost got a giant Kanegon during the Morphy's auction before getting outbid). Maybe one day . . . . .

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 am

Zombkin!

The pumpkin head is the best.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:42 pm

ElvisFromHell wrote:Thank you. I collect tiki stuff for separate reasons than the kaiju stuff ... I'd really love to have a giant, monumental size kaiju too (and almost got a giant Kanegon during the Morphy's auction before getting outbid). Maybe one day . . . . .

Jim, Hi & how much did the giant kanegon bring at Morphy's?

Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Now that I have a tape deck in the truck again, I'm rediscovering the collection & enjoying recent cassette releases 8)
Just in today from Fatbeats: http://www.fatbeats.com/products/dj-har ... h-cassette

Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:14 am

rattanicus wrote:Now that I have a tape deck in the truck again, I'm rediscovering the collection & enjoying recent cassette releases 8)
Just in today from Fatbeats: http://www.fatbeats.com/products/dj-har ... h-cassette

^^^ Damn! Its been quite awhile since iv seen cassette tapes even mentioned.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:23 am

miami wrote:
ElvisFromHell wrote:Thank you. I collect tiki stuff for separate reasons than the kaiju stuff ... I'd really love to have a giant, monumental size kaiju too (and almost got a giant Kanegon during the Morphy's auction before getting outbid). Maybe one day . . . . .

Jim, Hi & how much did the giant kanegon bring at Morphy's?

Is this Clay? If so, "hi" back at 'ya!

The giant Kanegon went for $1,725 before the buyer's premium and without shipping (which, as I recall, was not cheap from Morphy's). So it wasn't exactly a bargain compared to many of the other items.

I don't think we'll ever see another auction like that in our lifetimes - so many amazing lots with several going for dirt-cheap.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:03 pm

So bad but so good.

Without the smartypants phone filters.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:00 am

Its hard being a sexy woman in a hazmat suite sometimes.....

I got this in the mail today and i fucking love it! XD

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:06 am

Some true 25mm scale Bubblegum Crisis miniatures:

and a commissioned piece of art with my fave MOTU character:

Post a reply